◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
Trying out the Motegi combo
1472-6681-3415-7083-5340

Closed this and someone else is working on the Red Room.

Last edited:
proxy.php
The SNAIL Wed Night Race Car Series has just wrapped up our 3rd season with @WiiFreak taking the Individual Drivers Championship. Congrats once again WiiFreak on a well deserved championship!

As part of our preparation for Season 4, our Active Driver list currently stands at 26 which allows room for 4 new drivers on a first come first serve basis. If anyone is interested in joining the Wed Night Race Car Series, please head over to the SNAIL RCS Thread and follow the application procedure instructions.

Some race highlights from last nights race at Spa

Thanks to @brntguy for the video

We are currently in the voting process for Season 4 which will feature one of the following Race Cars

proxy.php

If you have questions about the SNAIL Wed Night Race Car Series, please let me know

Thanks

Last edited:
The Corvette choice goes back to same old commentary... Some choices should be blocked and turn given to another person. Or at least people being invited to reconsider they're choice. It's ridiculous how prize winners don't take two freaking seconds to think about 100+ people that race in snail but themselfs and what they wanna race no matter what.
We all know the rules..... The winner picks. Want a different car, win the night. IF I ever win, I'm gonna pick the honda fit on the new track.... Better hope I don't win.

Why don't we ever see a mini-van or a van like the Honda Odyssey in racing??? I mean it can be something new. Think outside of the box sometimes. There are so many cars available out there to be explored lol.
I agree, a small car on the right track would be a blast. A mini van though, I wouldn't go that far.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know the rules..... The winner picks. Want a different car, win the night. IF I ever win, I'm gonna pick the honda fit on the new track.... Better hope I don't win.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife or Circuito de la Sierra.

SNAILAges.PNG

As you can see, we are now up to 79 drivers sharing their ages.

If you wish to include yours, or edit your current information, click this link. If you wish to view the data sheet, click the table above.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife or Circuito de la Sierra.
Ok, what about a Kart race?

For ages that I'm trying to make the management look straight at this problem that bothers way more people than anyone could imagine although everyone expresses the frustration in several different ways. Personally, and according to duzens of conversations I had with lots of different people, poor car choices aka "not that freaking car again" is one of the main reasons people take "vacation" from snail and sometimes don't even come back anymore.
That has to be a straight forward rule to fight this nonsense in order to keep the magic, the challenge and most of all the piece in combo choices.
I would try something like this:
No car can be repeated in a period inferior to 12 months. That's 52 weeks and the game has over 1.200 cars
No combo can be repeated in a period inferior to 18 months. I'm not even gonna try to figure out how many combos can be created with 1200 cars and almost 30 tracks.
Every prize winner should be aware of this data and choose they're combo in conformity for the sake of diversion.
We all know how a Corvette ZR1 race car feels like... We drove it 2 months ago! What about the Saleem S7, the Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, the MG TF160 or the Pagani Zonda C25S 7.3 or even the Aston Martin One77? Does anyone knows how does it feel to race this five examples of excellent cars? What about the other 150 examples I could bring to this post?

Have the IR results from last week been posted? Can't find them.....and I did look.
If you mean for racing on the 24th, no. Tomorrow night or Saturday sometime.

I am done shoveling the blizzard that went through Monday and have done my 28 reviews.

Last edited:
For ages that I'm trying to make the management look straight at this problem that bothers way more people than anyone could imagine although everyone expresses the frustration in several different ways. Personally, and according to duzens of conversations I had with lots of different people, poor car choices aka "not that freaking car again" is one of the main reasons people take "vacation" from snail and sometimes don't even come back anymore.
That has to be a straight forward rule to fight this nonsense in order to keep the magic, the challenge and most of all the piece in combo choices.
No car can be repeated in a period inferior to 12 months. That's 52 weeks and the game has over 1.200 cars
No combo can be repeated in a period inferior to 18 months. I'm not even gonna try to figure out how many combos can be created with 1200 cars and almost 30 tracks.
Every prize winner should be aware of this data and choose they're combo in conformity for the sake of diversion.
We all know how a Corvette ZR1 race car feels like... We drove it 2 months ago! What about the Saleem S7, the Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, the MG TF160 or the Pagani Zonda C25S 7.3 or even the Aston Martin One77? Does anyone knows how does it feel to race this five examples of excellent cars? What about the other 150 examples I could bring to this post?

I wonder if a database could be whipped up where prize winners can insert a car, track, or combo, and it will returns result saying when it was last run. That way when they have an idea of what to pick, they can check these sorts of things before testing and picking.

DANIEL SEXTON GURNEY.....For President

image.jpg

Very large attachments. Dan airborne at the Nordschliefe. In those days they were completely airborne 4 times per lap.

Dan was the only American Driver to win a Grand Prix in a car of his own design and/or manufacture. 1967 Spa-Francorchamps...the day the Eagle Flew. Others to accomplish this feat were Sir Jack Brabham and Bruce McLaren

image.jpg

Dan was the very first driver to salute the crowd with champagne on the occasion of wining Les Vingt Quatre Heures Du Mans with co-driver A.J. Foyt ...Also 1967...good year that...

Ill also get some pics of the 2 new combos tonight.
Be sure to claim your $hells when you do. Simpy select "PHOTOGRAPHER - Provided photo(s) to be used for lineup post" when you click the 'earn $hells' link in my sig.

As always, be sure to select "PRACTICE COORDINATOR - Posted Open Lobby room numbers for Thursday night practice" to collect your $hells.

proxy.php
The SNAIL Wed Night Race Car Series has just wrapped up our 3rd season with @WiiFreak taking the Individual Drivers Championship. Congrats once again WiiFreak on a well deserved championship!

As part of our preparation for Season 4, our Active Driver list currently stands at 26 which allows room for 4 new drivers on a first come first serve basis. If anyone is interested in joining the Wed Night Race Car Series, please head over to the SNAIL RCS Thread and follow the application procedure instructions.

Some race highlights from last nights race at Spa

Thanks to @brntguy for the video

We are currently in the voting process for Season 4 which will feature one of the following Race Cars

If you have questions about the SNAIL Wed Night Race Car Series, please let me know

Thanks

$hells are to be had here too! Simply select "SERIES DIRECTOR - Advertised, promoted, or posted reminder for any S.N.A.I.L. event" (FYI @cmbeal317 @88GTA @HSAXET @Nail-27 @Wardenclyffe)

Well you have better tires, and it's nice to see Mediums not Hards, but still. There's no racing series in the real world that has street car based race cars with that much power. Le Mans prototypes go that high. That's about it as far as I know.

I totally agree with Schmiggz on this one. Variety is the spice of life. But I would suggest that this be split off from the General SNAIL series. If you want to race ultra fast and high grip race cars run the main SNAIL event. If you want to run normal cars that the masses can enjoy run alt SNAIL. The irony is the alt SNAIL series would be more in line with the philosophy that started this series if I remember correctly.

Schmiggz, you have always been a passionate person and we all know you have passion for SNAIL too - which is awesome. But instead of turning your passion into negative energy, why not turn it in to positive action instead? I know it's easy to just say, "management needs to look at this problem", but management cannot always shoulder the burden for everything related to SNAIL. We have jobs, businesses, families.. lives outside of SNAIL that demand out attention as well. That's not to say that we don't devote a tremendous amount of time to the league, because we do. Just as an example, I stayed up until 2am on Monday night discussing league issues with @Dragonwhisky (which was 3am for him). And just last night, @Dragonwhisky and I were up again just as late discussing league issues with @JLBowler. If you only knew how much behind the scenes work goes into "this"..

That being said, every rule, stipulation, requirement, etc requires that much more additional manpower to monitor (on top of all of the other layers of complexities that we have in this league). Take a look at any given results post and click on every link in it and you'll understand how complex and the prize selection process already is. When we try to limit the complexity, we get complaints like yours above. When we do add complexity, we get KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) blasts. It's always a lose lose situation. No matter what, someone is going to complain. I also encourage you to read the car selection guidelines at the bottom of every results post. The entire section is there to encourage the prize winners to do exactly what you want - to be original with their car/track selections. There are also links to the car/track history so that the prize winners are armed with all the combo history data they need to make original choices.

But back to my original point.. Instead of complaining about an issue that you feel so passionately about, maybe you could turn that passion into something positive for the league. Since prize winners often either do not read the car selection guidelines or don't take it to heart, maybe you could try raising their awareness of the issue. You could tag them in a post and remind them of the combo history data that is listed in the results post. You could send them a PM and remind them privately. You could provide a list of cars that have never been raced in SNAIL. You could be the Prize Coordinator for the league and work with the prize winners to make timely and original prize selections. These are just some ideas off the top of my head, but feel free to propose your own ideas on how you could help the situation. As my sig has said for the last two years, "ask not what your sim racing league can do for you, ask what you can do for your sim racing league."

Well you have better tires, and it's nice to see Mediums not Hards, but still. There's no racing series in the real world that has street car based race cars with that much power. Le Mans prototypes go that high. That's about it as far as I know.

You could compare it to Rallycross cars that push over 600hp in tiny tiny little B segment hatchbacks. The ZR-1 race car having roughly twice the power of the street car version is not as wacky as a Fiesta with 5 times the power it normally comes with. I welcome the ZR-1 race car, as it will be a fun challenge! White knuckle racing!

Back