◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,791 comments
image.jpg

The '71 Chevrolet Corvette has always been a looker. But its performance by today's standards is nothing short of geriatric. The new C7 ‘Vette, however, is a proper performance car that can show cars several times its price a clean pair of radials. NASCAR champ Jimmie Johnson has sensibly combined the two to create this special C3. ah hmm PD can we have this please!
Poly gave the GT award out already - to a wicked 2nd gen camaro by gopro. So that will absolutely be added. Idk if they'll add anything else from SEMA...

Poly gave the GT award out already - to a wicked 2nd gen camaro by gopro. So that will absolutely be added. Idk if they'll add anything else from SEMA...
They already added two Camaros when GT6 launched. Do we really need a third resto-mod of the same car? I'm all for resto-mods but at least pick a different car, yeesh...

yeah i saw that on the planet site i would still rather have an awesome vette over another camaro or even better the 6 wheel F1 car

yeah i saw that on the planet site i would still rather have an awesome vette over another camaro or even better the 6 wheel F1 car
Sorry guys, this is Kazunori's personal digital auto collection, so your opinions are moot. :guilty::irked:

At least they have all generations of the camaro now, even if they are only one-off custom examples and no stock variants.

In practice last night we had maybe the first 4-5 cars finishing under 10 min, and even then, it wasn't even under 9:50. I think they were all D1-D2 folk as well. Adding a lap will have 80% of us coming in at over 12 min.

Hi guys, regarding this just want to know if there's any "non official" practise/chill room today for the sunday combo tracks and if yes when this is scheduled - would be great to try to improve lap times under race conditions...
cheers

Hi guys, regarding this just want to know if there's any "non official" practise/chill room today for the sunday combo tracks and if yes when this is scheduled - would be great to try to improve lap times under race conditions...
cheers
Thursdays are the only "official" practice night. If you want to run some laps open an online room and name it Snail Practice or something. Snails have a knack for finding rooms like that! For even better results post the room number here.... the golden rule.... Build it and they will come

EDIT - Ninja'd by Nova!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the passionate discussion about lap times yesterday. Now I have a request.

Please read carefully:

1. If you finished Monza in less than 10 minutes please REPLY to this post and tell us us about it.

2. If you finished Monza in more than 10 minutes then LIKE this post. Don't tell me "almost", "I was bumped off" or "held up" . I don't want to hear it. Just press LIKE and move on

I am only interested in your finish time, not your fastest lap times.

Finished in 9:47 in a race last night, starting from pole. I doubt I'll do it that fast again though.

For the record, I'm fine with 5 or 6 laps.

i prefer the 80's layout of monza feels more technical to my untrained senses! And over steer is an understatement! that car is so front end heavy you could take the back tires off and you wouldn't notice a difference.

That car (205 turbo) is mid-engine RWD and is rear heavy (46:54) with a very short wheelbase, sort of like a tall Lancia Stratos. You have to drive it with very smooth steering inputs because it will respond instantly to them and turn hard. If you shift too much weight too quickly by turning in too hard or fast, or being too quick on the brake release it will change direction so fast you can't correct. You steer it almost as much with the pedals as you do with the wheel.

If you try to drive it like a FWD 205 GTi, you'll just be backwards constantly.

If you start to slide a bit, stay on partial throttle (unless you just went in way too hot, in which case God help you) and when you brake.. stay on partial throttle, and brake in a straight line only. The car can carry a lot of speed if you're not sliding. If you see tire smoke you probably went in too hot. By being careful and braking early enough to not slide, you should be able to hit a good line carrying speed smoothly, get on the gas earlier, and your lap times will drop consistently even without pushing the car to its very limit. The car is much more stable when you're on the throttle accelerating away from the apex from a lower entry speed than it is trying to blitz the entry and sliding through the exit on opposite lock.

Also be very careful of lifting off the throttle too quickly, you should stay on partial throttle even if it's just a tiny amount, to keep the car stable instead of lifting. Make sure you are turning in late enough to carry the speed through without pushing wide. Slow down as much as it takes to turn in a little later on the important corners.

Some people were talking about changing their brake balance on this car to keep it from being tail happy on braking/entry, but I use 5/5.

Race of Champions
November 7, 2014
October Season
9:30 pm ET

Tonight, the best of the best of the best will be brought together to battle over the three most popular combos from the October season. Those three combos are as follows:

1- Autobacs Garaiya at Nurburgring GP/D (2 weeks)
--- 326HP / PP 490 / SM tires

2- Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 at Red Bull Ring (7 votes)
--- 535HP / PP 528 / SS tires

3- West Surrey Racing 1983 Aryton Senna '83 at Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit (3 weeks)
--- 172HP / PP 559 / RH tires

And now, for your starting grid!!!

1- @vsfit
2- @Mike Lobban (PSN: Ch11chcftzp)
3- @aerolite (PSN: aeroliteflight)
4- @pkenuelo
5- @Skills (PSN: Skills_19657)
6- @TBongX
7- @joe_diben
8- @USERID_77a23
9- @CoachMK21
10- @IceManFan_7 (PSN: drb1269247)
11- @Wolfsatz
12- @SGETI (PSN: CAPECOD104)
13- @hammersedge65
14- @turnupdaheat
15- @Falango (PSN: GTP_Falango)
16- @nmcp1

That car (205 turbo) is mid-engine RWD and is rear heavy (46:54) with a very short wheelbase, sort of like a tall Lancia Stratos. You have to drive it with very smooth steering inputs because it will respond instantly to them and turn hard. If you shift too much weight too quickly by turning in too hard or fast, or being too quick on the brake release it will change direction so fast you can't correct. You steer it almost as much with the pedals as you do with the wheel.

If you start to slide a bit, stay on partial throttle (unless you just went in way too hot, in which case God help you) and when you brake.. stay on partial throttle, and brake in a straight line only. The car can carry a lot of speed if you're not sliding. If you see tire smoke you probably went in too hot. By being careful and braking early enough to not slide, you should be able to hit a good line carrying speed smoothly, get on the gas earlier, and your lap times will drop consistently even without pushing the car to its very limit. The car is much more stable when you're on the throttle accelerating away from the apex from a lower entry speed than it is trying to blitz the entry and sliding through the exit on opposite lock.

Also be very careful of lifting off the throttle too quickly, you should stay on partial throttle even if it's just a tiny amount, to keep the car stable instead of lifting. Make sure you are turning in late enough to carry the speed through without pushing wide. Slow down as much as it takes to turn in a little later on the important corners.

Some people were talking about changing their brake balance on this car to keep it from being tail happy on braking/entry, but I use 5/5.
lol ok but its still a piece of 🤬 car that doesn't drive like any other 🤬 that i've driven

Last edited by a moderator:
GT ACADEMY
SPIKE TV
November 7, 2014
Season 4
11:30 pm ET

Be sure to tune in tonight for the season premiere of Season 4 of GT Academy at 11:30 pm ET on SPIKE TV. Six of your fellow SNAILs (current or former) will be in at least the first episode tonight. I don't see official word, but I'm thinking some of the finalists will be commenting in the North American GT Academy thread.

@scca_ziptie------------@Adventuruss-----------@ParkerMO125
jFe83Sf.png
dsR2tOP.png
d1O5vZ4.png

@dgriffin28--------------@Neovre----------------@K1utch
RRgzge9.png
NuRKfeS.png
3VSvuch.png

Sorry guys, this is Kazunori's personal digital auto collection, so your opinions are moot. :guilty::irked:

At least they have all generations of the camaro now, even if they are only one-off custom examples and no stock variants.
yeah no 🤬 who else would possibly want 200 nissan r types or 50 rx7 or even 75 stupid friggin miatas

Last edited by a moderator:
Or post in op the info and I won't need to have another darn account lol ....... plus don't know how to use and yes I tried lol forum is my method of contact
twitter is so annoying i closed my account because i found it to be stupid and pointless granted i wasn't apart of snail at the time as for posting this weeks races @GTD_druid it has been plastered all of this thread since Wednesday i do believe!

twitter is so annoying i closed my account because i found it to be stupid and pointless granted i wasn't apart of snail at the time as for posting this weeks races @GTD_druid it has been plastered all of this thread since Wednesday i do believe!
I've seen snippets but unfortunately due to work and young family don't get much time during week can only glance. Not moaning or have issue jst thought this is were the info was supposed to be that all

I've seen snippets but unfortunately due to work and young family don't get much time during week can only glance. Not moaning or have issue jst thought this is were the info was supposed to be that all
what races are you looking for and i'll tell you where they are?

May act sort of like an MR but it's definetly a 4wd with a mid-engine. And yes Smooth inputs and a smooth transition from brake to gas. I like this combo

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back