◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,801 comments
Any suggestions?
Over the holiday break I have been trying the Special Event "10 Lap Endurance at Suzuka".
So far haven't been able to get closer than 5th. Wrong pit strategy, I'm sure.
Fairly sure that The Thread discussed it ......... but not able to find it.
Would appreciate a few tips.

Hope 2015 is productive, encouraging, and Faith-Full for everyone.

Any suggestions?
Over the holiday break I have been trying the Special Event "10 Lap Endurance at Suzuka".

Use the new Mazda LM55 VGT car. Inters for both pits, pitting at the end of Lap 5 or Softs for 2, then Inters for 6, then Softs at the end. Both work 100% every time.

Any suggestions?

I used the Pescarolo Judd Hybrid ( which I used for any high powered challenge). Slide the power to 50 percent and then add ballast to reach 600. ( move the ballast to -30 or so...it removes any hint of rotation...thanks to GTP_PASM for that trick) . Also soften the suspension one click everywhere for the rain. The resultant car is a tad faster than all the GT500s and very calm in the rain...be careful on the inters ( which you will use throughout) until it rains...the more you save them the longer you can stretch the first stint...but be careful when they are well worn and the track goes over 60 % ( cheeky bastards) because the worn inters are the same as softs in light rain...a very big handfull...but much faster than all but the leader at that time. You will have very worn tyres at the end but will be very much faster than the leader. I do this most days as it closely approximates Endurance racing in a nutshell...and I LOVE endurance racing where usually boredom is not a factor...just like weather in wherever you live... If you don't like it just wait a bit...something interesting is about to happen.

Recap...recipe
Pescarolo Judd Hybrid
Soften suspension one click
Lengthen gears to around 200 or so
Intermediate tyres
Pit as late as possible....remember save the tyres in the first two laps.

Oh yes..add downforce to taste.
Drive smoothly...they will come back to you.

Any suggestions?

I used the Mazda lm55 as well. No tune necessary, inters for the entire race , pit on lap 5 or 6.... Easy peasy

Any suggestions?

I used to the 2J Race Car. Dialed it down to 600PP
Started on RS. Rain came while on lap 3. Pit for intermediates
Finished the race on that set of tires. Last 2 laps had to be very careful. Tires were down to 3/10 when I finished 9 seconds ahead of the field

Any suggestions?

My winning combo was the Toyota ts30, RS for two laps, pit for intermediates and rode those through the rest of the race.

So took the advice of bringing out the Mazda LM55 and won it first time out. But now as I am stuck at the Drift seasonal. I know this probably isn't the best place to ask but is there anyone you could help me with a good setup for getting gold in it?

I used to the 2J Race Car. Dialed it down to 600PP
Started on RS. Rain came while on lap 3. Pit for intermediates
Finished the race on that set of tires. Last 2 laps had to be very careful. Tires were down to 3/10 when I finished 9 seconds ahead of the field
Going to try both with my wireless wheel.

As most of you know I am cutting back on my weekly racing due to the time contraints of creating DART racing. As a note we currently have the following SNAILS on the team : @TEX36 , @euclid58 , @Fallen_log ( part time) , @Mini Stiggy (part time), @RuddRacer ( who is a part time SNAIL who races Monday Nights) and of course me, as the slowest. Lol . Guess what...it's all SNAILs so far. I still need three or four more either disabled or Antiques (55 or older). Come on guys...let's keep it a SNAIL Team.

Edit: I tried the new Mazda and while the performance was similar to the Pescarolo, it was MUCH easier on the tyres, allowing for various pit stop scenarios...and....when it gets REALLY wet the Mazda loses grip gradually not all at once....like was said before...easy peezy.

Last edited:
Any suggestions?

A tune from sw_10.

Enter challenge with racing softs. Before race starts change tires to intermediates. Pit at end of lap 6, beginning of lap 7. keep intermediates. should be easy win. I have done this challenge more than once and so far my biggest gap for the win exceeded 1 minute. good luck

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12

600pp, 468 bhp, 900kg.

85/85
16.85/17.00
4/4
4/4
6/6
0/0
-0.20/0

Brakes 8/8

Trans:
FG: 2.600
Max speed 149mph (min)
1: 6.725
2: 4.827
3: 4.019
4: 3.320
5: 2.806
6: 2.355
FG: 2060

LSD: 12/11/5

Power: 88.5%
DF: 600/800

This should work since I set it to public. Key of G. I-I-IV-V-IV for any music theory guys out there. First two chords are G, then C. Up to D, back to down to C. All major chords.

Any suggestions?

Use new Mazda

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.
However, I could not find the new Mazada yawl were talking about. probably need to win it
You don't technically have to "win" it. Run 1 lap in the Mazda VGT seasonal and you will be gifted the car.

Any suggestions?

I drove the Nismo GTR we used in the combos. Start with soft tires and go like made, cause it can. Pit just as the rain gets to 30%. Switch to intermediates and keep a good pace. Pit at end of lap 8 (rain should be under 30% again) and switch back to soft tires. Drive like a bat out a hell and you'll catch the leader at the end because his tires are toast. This way, it feels like you are not cheating. Good luck!!! Have fun and learn something.

@GamingPete
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I drove the Nismo GTR we used in the combos. Start with soft tires and go like made, cause it can. Pit just as the rain gets to 30%. Switch to intermediates and keep a good pace. Pit at end of lap 8 (rain should be under 30% again) and switch back to soft tires. Drive like a bat out a hell and you'll catch the leader at the end because his tires are toast. This way, it feels like you are not cheating. Good luck!!! Have fun and learn something.
I'm thinking you can do the same with a GT500 Race Car. With Oil Change the HP is closer to 550 which helps for the straights. Since most of the overtaking is from the pits you don't need a redonkulously fast car. But the Mazda LM55 VGT is nice to ensure victory 100%

Latest Posts

Back