◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,798 comments
Ok! here are the pictures for D2 from last Sunday! Very fun night with great battles and great crashes(including myself of course). I'm still new at this so it will still improve from week to week. I took a lot of shots and sometime different angles from great battles or funny situations. Hope youll enjoy it. I will try to tag everyone but i am missing "Babystig" s GT planet ID?.

And i would also like to claim my shells from last weeks picture that i posted in the D2 thread if i can! But i am aware now that HERE is the place to post them. @Falango @gmraces @Gouletzky @gtr3123 @gulin24 @MSgtGunny @MikeGrove @ONESPACE @turnupdaheat @Xradkins
Cape Ring - Intérieur.jpg
Cape Ring - Intérieur_1.jpg
Cape Ring - Intérieur_2.jpg
Cape Ring - Intérieur_3.jpg
Cape Ring - Intérieur_4.jpg
Cape Ring - Intérieur_5.jpg
Cape Ring - Intérieur_6.jpg
Cape Ring - Intérieur_7.jpg
Cape Ring - Intérieur_8.jpg
Cape Ring - Intérieur_9.jpg
Cape Ring - Intérieur_10.jpg
Cape Ring - Intérieur_11.jpg
Cape Ring - Intérieur_12.jpg
Cape Ring - Intérieur_13.jpg
Cape Ring - Intérieur_14.jpg
Cape Ring - Intérieur_15.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_1.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_2.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_3.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_4.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_5.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_6.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_7.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_8.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_9.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_11.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_12.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_13.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_14.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_15.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_16.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_17.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_18.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_19.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_20.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_21.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_22.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_23.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_24.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_25.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_26.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_27.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_28.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_29.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_30.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_31.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_32.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_33.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_34.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_35.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_36.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_37.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_38.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_39.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_40.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_41.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_42.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_43.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_1.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_2.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_3.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_4.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_5.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_6.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_7.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_8.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_9.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_11.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_12.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_13.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_14.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_15.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_16.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_17.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_18.jpg

Haven't taken it to the Nordschleife, but now I'm pumped for it.
You think a sub 6 is doable with it?
And are you tuning suspension and transmission only or full tilt?
suspension, drivetrain, aero, and ballast.
It's a great handling car stock, but the rumble strips at Nordschleife are tall, the car scrapes and jumps with stock settings. Without being able to adjust the ride height I've had to adjust my driving line in certain spots to avoid the rumble strips. So I loosened up the aero, tilted the ballast forward just a bit (not sure that matters for the amount I moved it). I wanted to make sure it was braking solid and in a straight line so I spent some time just running it through the first section dialing in the brakes, comp/ext, and sway bars to keep that solid feel as the car goes through trail braking as well. I adjusted the differential split to get more drive out of the 5-6 tighter turns when you enter in a coast and hard on the throttle out and a little less camber to keep everything moving in the same direction.

It's more the track, if you bump one of the higher rumble strips it has a very unsettling effect on this car (compared to my M3 and Camaro SS). Take it around the track in stock form then go at it with some milder tuning, it's just a fun car.

Same thing happened to a me about a 1 1/2 months ago. I spent a saturday around the house doing what races I needed to do to get the license to qualify Bspec Bob for the big $ races, then turned him loose. Quick cash tips, Sierra, run them all and the Senna and Red Bull series, they add up quick. I'm steady at around 30mil now and have Bspec run a few of the 24 minute races a week to keep cash for SNAIL.

BTW, the new Golf VGT car rips it around Nord. I'm thinking about taking a run at the fastest lap with it this weekend and putting my beloved m3 GTR out of commision. A little more suspension and drivetrain tweaking and I think I can get close to the mythical 6 minute lap time.

Well you know my schedule, hoping to get home at a decent hour Friday to get hands on my PS3 and see first hand what's up. As for building everything back up, will do what I can between yardwork, gti exhaust work and of course spending some time with the Spouse. :) then back on the road Monday.

Well you know my schedule, hoping to get home at a decent hour Friday to get hands on my PS3 and see first hand what's up. As for building everything back up, will do what I can between yardwork, gti exhaust work and of course spending some time with the Spouse. :) then back on the road Monday.
Hey Q, I went through this as well, about a month ago. Lost everything. B-Spec is probably what kept me playing GT6. It's frustrating still when I realize I lost some 20 mil. cars, but I learned the valuable lesson of backing game data up. Like Dragonwhisky told me, "All you can you do is pick the ball back up and start running again?" It's only been a month and my garage is starting to resemble what it used to be. Just know you're not alone, there's others that share in your pain.

I didn't retain much of what you just said, but I did catch the part where you mentioned GTI exhaust work...aftermarket exhaust work perhaps?

suspension, drivetrain, aero, and ballast.
It's a great handling car stock, but the rumble strips at Nordschleife are tall, the car scrapes and jumps with stock settings. Without being able to adjust the ride height I've had to adjust my driving line in certain spots to avoid the rumble strips. So I loosened up the aero, tilted the ballast forward just a bit (not sure that matters for the amount I moved it). I wanted to make sure it was braking solid and in a straight line so I spent some time just running it through the first section dialing in the brakes, comp/ext, and sway bars to keep that solid feel as the car goes through trail braking as well. I adjusted the differential split to get more drive out of the 5-6 tighter turns when you enter in a coast and hard on the throttle out and a little less camber to keep everything moving in the same direction.

It's more the track, if you bump one of the higher rumble strips it has a very unsettling effect on this car (compared to my M3 and Camaro SS). Take it around the track in stock form then go at it with some milder tuning, it's just a fun car.

That's what I usually do when taking a car there, just work that first part and after it's set for that, usually the rest is easy.
I'll run it a bit tonight, haven't touched the PS3 in almost 2 weeks, unfortunately... Also, must complete that lap to get the car...

Hey Q, I went through this as well, about a month ago. Lost everything. B-Spec is probably what kept me playing GT6. It's frustrating still when I realize I lost some 20 mil. cars, but I learned the valuable lesson of backing game data up. Like Dragonwhisky told me, "All you can you do is pick the ball back up and start running again?" It's only been a month and my garage is starting to resemble what it used to be. Just know you're not alone, there's others that share in your pain.

Ummm, I really didn't feel any of this pain you mentioned...I was just grouchy for a few days.
Maybe you shouldn't punch helpless, defenseless hard drives so much there Mr.
Maybe that could be the cause of this pain you're feeling, hmmm Bishop.
You wanna take a little time...a little, wanna think about it buddy?

Ummm, I really didn't feel any of this pain you mentioned...I was just grouchy for a few days.
Maybe you shouldn't punch helpless, defenseless hard drives so much there Mr.
Maybe that could be the cause of this pain you're feeling, hmmm Bishop.
You wanna take a little time...a little, wanna think about it buddy?
I'll reflect on that and get back to you.

@vsfit yes indeed aftermarket with an exhaust shop owner up the way. When I get some time LoL
I didn't retain much of what you just said, but I did catch the part where you mentioned GTI exhaust work...aftermarket exhaust work perhaps?

Hi all SNAILS,
Once again it was great fun running with d7 on sunday. We had a shakey start with conectivity issues but that was resolved. I want to thank all the guys making sure all posts and duties were covered, especially the host and data guys. You know who you are :gtpflag::cheers::bowdown:

On that note I have put together a highlights reel to save space on posting 101 images on thread so i hope ypu guys enjoy it.

OOoo I almost forgot to let you guys know that I will be receiving my long awaited Granstand today:D. So hopefully tonight i will be hosting my mid week jam sessions to launch my stand. For the usual suspects i will be sending out pings on PSN when room is up. I am thinking of opening a 'friends only' room. For all new drivers in divisions 6,7 and 8 if you want to take part tonight add me on PSN (Engmatic1) .

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN SHOWTIME. (if only icould save replays as a video, i could really get loos and make some awesome replay videos but in the mean time this is the best i can o and i hope you enjoy.)

capture cards are fairly inexpensive now that the new system lets you stream straight from them Elgato capture card

Somewhere on a remote Caribbean island you may find @MajorBlixem smiling, enjoying another sunset while sipping on one of those drinks served in a pineapple. Umbrella? Mandatory. Only the whispers of racing lingering in the back of his mind until the next bikini walks by...meanwhile,In the real world, I have the honor of presenting the most awesome-est of dataz sheet in all of SNAILdom !

D5 data submitted:
upload_2015-4-15_20-31-12.png

SNAILTimeTrial.jpg
The new combo Practice Time Trial events are now live.

The Leader Boards can be found here.

All previous TT Leader Boards can be viewed by selecting the appropriate tab at the bottom.

Back