◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
I accidentally "napped" through the start of racing tonight after a really long run... and decided to go back to sleep after I realized XD

#trainingishard

Edit: To waste this TOPP slightly less, here's a thing I drew. Still waiting for course maker...
mc6OEhy.jpg

There's some stuff I'd change on this, but it'd still be nice to be able to put it in the game.

here is something i'd like to map in course creator
WYCO Lake Map Color.pdf

cliffE

Attachments

• WYCO Lake Map Color.pdf
    454.9 KB · Views: 46
It's monday..... Time for Monday Night Pack Racing.

The most fun to be had on a Monday Night, nothing on the tube? Wife harping? Kids screaming. Take it out on the track with a bunch of good guys from all Divisions who all show up for the same thing......F.U.N. Open to anyone with a Snail type attitude, meaning no dirty racing, except for me, I can do whatever I want....just kidding, everyone who shows up wonders why they waited so long to try this extremely exciting type of racing. No score, no qualifying, no pressure to win.

I would give up league night before I gave up my pack race.

Be there or be square.

Still recovering from last weekend.

Here are a solo few laps from Sunday. By late afternoon, we were down to a couple of small fry (counting me), some seriously fast guys with some 2008-2015 Cayman S, Carrera Turbo, some Z06 Vettes, a Stingray, a few fast M3's, a truck stop of a Boxster (all stop behind me), and a few Bimmers and a turbo Carrera that I could catch in corners, but not in straights, esp after a Bimmer's early brake check - not sure if that's in this video or another one.

Working on tracking out better, and I can hear that I need to be more on the throttle in a few areas (Better braking into T1, the run from T1-T2 stood out, T4's sharp left to T5's uphill right - T5 is the off-camber corner / hill before a straight, and the braking area just before the final 'lightbulb' corner before main straight).

Next time...

FYI - there is a bit of drama in lap 1 (I crest Turn 5 about 1:00. There is someone coming up fast, so as we head down the hill to track out, I give him a pass. He punches it late, and completes the pass near the bridge, heading into the very tight, very slick T7... One of the 911 Turbos. More speed... more mass... more drama... if not enough braking. Fortunately, he and his care were fine.

Last edited:
@Falango

Red Bull Ring_3.jpg
Red Bull Ring.jpg
Red Bull Ring_4.jpg
Red Bull Ring_7.jpg
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_8.jpg
Red Bull Ring_11.jpg
Red Bull Ring_12.jpg
Red Bull Ring_16.jpg
Red Bull Ring_15.jpg
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_2.jpg
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_5.jpg
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track.jpg
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_7.jpg
Red Bull Ring_9.jpg

Attachments

• Red Bull Ring_2.jpg
    Red Bull Ring_2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Red Bull Ring_1.jpg
    Red Bull Ring_1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 23
  • Red Bull Ring_5.jpg
    Red Bull Ring_5.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Red Bull Ring_6.jpg
    Red Bull Ring_6.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_9.jpg
    Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_9.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Red Bull Ring_10.jpg
    Red Bull Ring_10.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Red Bull Ring_13.jpg
    Red Bull Ring_13.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Red Bull Ring_17.jpg
    Red Bull Ring_17.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Red Bull Ring_14.jpg
    Red Bull Ring_14.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_3.jpg
    Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_4.jpg
    Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_4.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_1.jpg
    Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_6.jpg
    Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_6.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Red Bull Ring_8.jpg
    Red Bull Ring_8.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Page 1, @Evolvo

Most answers can be found there, or on the "Frequently Used Documents" or "FUD" found on Dragonwhisky's signature (bottom of the post your responded to).

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on June 28, 2015

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. gtr3123 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 82 (114.44 for Prize B)
  2. WestRoadZ --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. ONESPACE ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. MSgtGunny --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. MaddDog28 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. GTP_K1utch -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. vovik05 ----------- did not submit a vote
  11. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 2
  1. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 87 (121.41 for Prize A)
  2. aLmk_69 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. drb1269247 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. nobbymcnobberson -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. pakicote ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. Unknown_Male_282 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 3
  1. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 92 (55.03 for prize purposes only)
  2. kickenit4evr ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Mk_Deal ----------- did not submit a vote
Division 4
  1. TBongX ------------ did not submit a vote - 94 (52.06 for prize purposes only)
  2. BKM-540 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. TechNoiR37 -------- did not submit a vote
  4. Onyx58 ------------ did not submit a vote
  5. chatva ------------ did not submit a vote
Division 5
  1. CallmeMike41 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 83 (88.25 for Prize C)
  2. lobbanmike -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. McTrucker000 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 6
  1. rkzjb04 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 89 (82.80 for prize purposes only)
  2. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. o8jedi ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Evolvo ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. syntorz ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. SetoNaikai -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. JamCar0ne --------- did not submit a vote
Division 7
  1. sinna123sinna123 -- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 83 (88.25 for prize purposes only)
  2. Polygrizz --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. D1_driver_83 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. DCschWinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. BustedFoSho ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. ronwill73 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. cliffeden --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 Shifter (Sports: Soft) at Eiger Nordwand - Short Track / Reverse (10 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @nmcp1 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Mazda Roadster Touring Car (Sports: Medium) at Nürburgring GP/D (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @gtr3123 gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Adramike so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated,so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more importantis that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, no car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

Is there a form or anything that explains how races are scored. I looked but couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

Page 1, @Evolvo

Most answers can be found there, or on the "Frequently Used Documents" or "FUD" found on Dragonwhisky's signature (bottom of the post your responded to).

Look for the perfect 100 scoring system on pg.1 or just trust and click the link below...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7026044#post7026044

You can also check out this link. Which should be in the FUD.

If I end up back here, still unemployed, I'm going to try a lot harder to get my Corolla out to some autocross or track days...

We get all kinds at autocross, and many do far better than the big $$ guys want to easily notice.

As for track days, make sure you know which group - skilled Miatas, supercharged 'Vettes - you are with. Friday included the Intro group and there were people frightened of speeds over 55, people who couldn't signal/follow signals, and cars that were so slow that we flew the "Slow moving vehicle ahead" flag... Twice, possibly. Even with a few track days - albeit recently - I had to be really on the ball to remotely keep up.

If I hit any traffic/momentum killer, I was completely cooked for the next straight vs the fast guys. The Civic in our group was... a challenge to civil decorum. Could be driver, could be car. Dunno for sure.

We get all kinds at autocross, and many do far better than the big $$ guys want to easily notice.

As for track days, make sure you know which group - skilled Miatas, supercharged 'Vettes - you are with. Friday included the Intro group and there were people frightened of speeds over 55, people who couldn't signal/follow signals, and cars that were so slow that we flew the "Slow moving vehicle ahead" flag... Twice, possibly. Even with a few track days - albeit recently - I had to be really on the ball to remotely keep up.

If I hit any traffic/momentum killer, I was completely cooked for the next straight vs the fast guys. The Civic in our group was... a challenge to civil decorum. Could be driver, could be car. Dunno for sure.
At a track day I'd likely be one of the slow moving cars on all the straights with my 60rwhp (and 14 second 0-60 time), but I'd get at least .9g on a skidpad with my new wheels/tires/suspension and 2200lb curb weight.

Would probably be strange to be fast in corners and then dead slow on the straights in traffic, but if there was an inexpensive way to try I'd love to.

I looked into track days at Carolina Motorsports Park briefly, but you have to pay for 40 days a year which costs about double the value of my car, unless there is some other way I don't know about.

The car is much better suited for autox, so I'm gonna start there. (and think about upgrading my radiator and brakes for later)

Last edited:
At a track day I'd likely be one of the slow moving cars on all the straights with my 60rwhp (and 14 second 0-60 time), but I'd get at least .9g on a skidpad with my new wheels/tires/suspension and 2200lb curb weight.

Would probably be strange to be fast in corners and then dead slow on the straights in traffic, but if there was an inexpensive way to try I'd love to.

I looked into track days at Carolina Motorsports Park briefly, but you have to pay for 40 days a year which costs about double the value of my car, unless there is some other way I don't know about.

The car is much better suited for autox, so I'm gonna start there. (and think about upgrading my radiator and brakes)
try running a vee and all it's 50hp glory with those silly Radical cars
That make well over 5 times our power... However we can pull almost 2G's on tires that are only the width of your hand :sly:

Back