◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
D1 data entered.

2015.07.12_d1_datasummarytable.PNG

I didn't realize it was still the same chassis. I thought Mazda had completely broken away from their partnership. now that I think of it, the Mazda 2/Fiesta is a giveaway that they haven't.

He must be one hell of a carpenter, cuz he sure can saw well!
Kinda, in 2013 Mazda stopped using the C1 platform and switched to their own, called the skyactiv platform. Those cars are just now making their way to the states, and look much better than the second gen Mazda3, which I think has a horrid front fascia. Not sure if there will be a Mazdaspeed variant or not yet, but I imagine they will make one sooner or later regardless. I own an 06 Mazda3. Its not a bad car. Though I don't recommend anything other than the MS version. It has got to be said, after driving an Audi TT for a while, the 3s manual trans felt almost automatic. everything is soft and smooth, in a good way. Also, important to note I think, is that parts are cheaper and more readily available for the 3 than other vehicles we have talked about.
That said, I still cant stand driving FWD cars, and suggest staying away from them if you are looking for a performance minded ride.

Just wanted to share a quick pic from Nashville at the GT Academy National Finals :D

Some of our guys missed this group photo because they flew in late, and a couple had to give up their spot in the finals altogether. Hopefully we'll get a shot tomorrow with all the SNAILs who are there. In the meantime, please wish them all good luck!!

28tgbTK.jpg

photo by @Dragonwhisky
ahhh, awesome, @TRL_Importlife looks so proud on this picture, well desserved dude 👍👍👍 !!
SNAILit :cool:
:gtpflag:

Anyone on line the GTA finals are streaming live Wish we had names to go with it only know Tyler!

Edit: There's a names list at the bottom of the Twitch page!

of course @CoachMK21 larger tires would have increased the entering as exit corner speed, my honest opinion is that this guy did an awesome job 👍:cool: ( lool sry if I might have sounded English :embarrassed: )
cheers :cheers:

Oh yea, I agree. He did an awesome job handling that beast. I simple meant that if the car had larger tires, it "might" have been able to better put down the huge amount of power (does everyone say this word with a Jeremy Clarkson voice).

Kinda, in 2013 Mazda stopped using the C1 platform and switched to their own, called the skyactiv platform. Those cars are just now making their way to the states, and look much better than the second gen Mazda3, which I think has a horrid front fascia. Not sure if there will be a Mazdaspeed variant or not yet, but I imagine they will make one sooner or later regardless. I own an 06 Mazda3. Its not a bad car. Though I don't recommend anything other than the MS version. It has got to be said, after driving an Audi TT for a while, the 3s manual trans felt almost automatic. everything is soft and smooth, in a good way. Also, important to note I think, is that parts are cheaper and more readily available for the 3 than other vehicles we have talked about.
That said, I still cant stand driving FWD cars, and suggest staying away from them if you are looking for a performance minded ride.

The skyactiv is a powertrain platform. They are still using the global C chassis. As its shared with the Focus ST. Mazda is using there own powertrain, but still sharing designs with Ford as it is more economical for the company.

The skyactiv is a powertrain platform. They are still using the global C chassis. As its shared with the Focus ST. Mazda is using there own powertrain, but still sharing designs with Ford as it is more economical for the company.
That is a negative. Go do a touch more research. For the third gen 3, Mazda moved off the C1 chassis and started using their own, called the SkyActiv Platform. While indeed, the engine they use is also called Skyactiv, so is their "new" chassis.

hope everyone else is having as nice of a weekend.
Mossiys and black fly heaven...lol
@Handlebar Being that you buy used, I would try to find a R32 Golf, or few model year older Forester STI.
Just bought a Forester plain jane...faster, better handling, better mileage and better brakes than our Outback. The hopped up version should be a keeper.
Just wanted to share a quick pic from Nashville at the GT Academy National Finals :D

Some of our guys missed this group photo because they flew in late, and a couple had to give up their spot in the finals altogether. Hopefully we'll get a shot tomorrow with all the SNAILs who are there. In the meantime, please wish them all good luck!!

28tgbTK.jpg

photo by @Dragonwhisky
who are they...how about one of the banner guys doing one with names.

ATTABOY...VITESSE....he showed up last week in the pack.....despite his having to get up at oh dark thirty to race with us ....we got to contemplate his bumper upon occasion....and his manners were great.
D1.....YGBSM

Back