◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
Hey @Raw10_2u I'm guessing or hoping your throwing me a compliment. I hate the word "blocking" cause sounds like I'm doing something wrong or intentional. A lot of times I'm just not as fast as others but I tend to hold me line which I think can be frustrating for people trying to pass. I don't conciously try to block people.
Just wanted to clear that up. :cheers:

Btw good for your daughter, I know what it's like to be a proud poppa!!!👍

@singlepaddy,Brother you should know I would not defame you in any way!We have raced each other and practiced together now for months and I have "NEVER" had any incident with you at all!You race clean,and hold your line,that is the definition of good race craft!I have had a few "incidents" with other Brother SNAILS,but quite obviously the incident wasn't worth making a fuss over ;) And thanks man for the accolades! BTW,I should have not said "blocking",maybe holding your position as you should!

Yea d4 was a mess the first night due to some well.. things. But I'm pretty sure I have the ghetto-est set up! I have a broken chair pushed up against the tv to hold my pedals in place lol
The best thing is, the combatants from the first week kissed and made up. Last Sundays race's were a blast, even though I sucked. We decided that there was room for two a$$holes in the same room. Bwaaaaa.

@CoachMK21
Mark, I saw these and thought of you!
images-1.jpeg
images.jpeg

The best thing is, the combatants from the first week kissed and made up. Last Sundays race's were a blast, even though I sucked. We decided that there was room for two a$$holes in the same room. Bwaaaaa.

Seniority dude! i was here first :cheers: ;)

Wow!!! I never thought we would have a fight over who gets to be #1 a$$hole.
Gotta love it!!! :lol:

Wow!!! I never thought we would have a fight over who gets to be #1 a$$hole.
Gotta love it!!! :lol:
Chat tries, but he even though he has seniority, he can't touch me......online and in real life. Man, I was a city bus driver for 32 years.........and we all know, city bus drivers are a$$holes just by nature. Did you know that in Canada, a bus has the right of way pulling out of a bus stop. It's legal to cut cars off. Fun. That's where I learned ito do it on the track. I should write a book, seen it all, done it all. It was never a boring job. My big mouth got me into trouble... A lot. My favorite line I used a lot when people bugged me, " I'm paid to drive you, not listen to you..... Sit down and shut the f.. Up". Or, please be like good little sheep and follow each other to the baaaaaack of the bus.Aero likes that one. I once traded a ride for a mcburger, i was starving. I have been hit on numerous times....even by a couple of cuties, which I, well, never mind. Too many fat chicks in yoga pants though, should be a law against that. Ewww. I met every side of of what a city has to offer in personalities and weird people, good and bad, although I'm happy to say the good people I met far outweigh the loons, that's what we called them, loons, load, cattle, sheep, cargo, standing load, sitiing load.
Sorry guys, just blabbing away trying not to go online and kick everyones rectums tonight. I'm all a$$holed out for the day. Goodnight from Sphincter Boy.

Chat tries, but he even though he has seniority, he can't touch me......online and in real life. Man, I was a city bus driver for 32 years.........and we all know, city bus drivers are a$$holes just by nature. Did you know that in Canada, a bus has the right of way pulling out of a bus stop. It's legal to cut cars off. Fun. That's where I learned ito do it on the track. I should write a book, seen it all, done it all. It was never a boring job. My big mouth got me into trouble... A lot. My favorite line I used a lot when people bugged me, " I'm paid to drive you, not listen to you..... Sit down and shut the f.. Up". Or, please be like good little sheep and follow each other to the baaaaaack of the bus.Aero likes that one. I once traded a ride for a mcburger, i was starving. I have been hit on numerous times....even by a couple of cuties, which I, well, never mind. Too many fat chicks in yoga pants though, should be a law against that. Ewww. I met every side of of what a city has to offer in personalities and weird people, good and bad, although I'm happy to say the good people I met far outweigh the loons, that's what we called them, loons, load, cattle, sheep, cargo, standing load, sitiing load.
Sorry guys, just blabbing away trying not to go online and kick everyones rectums tonight. I'm all a$$holed out for the day. Goodnight from Sphincter Boy.
:odd:

Thanks for letting me know that in advance because this is very important, even in real racing. Also, how many incidents can you have on file before you are disqualified from the contest?
It's not really a matter of being "disqualified", it's just a matter of scoring enough points to qualify for the random prize drawing. We usually tally up all the points at the end of the challenge and enter the top 25-33% of drivers as finalists. Since you get 1 point for each race you complete, the more points you get also means the more leeway you have in terms of penalty points. In other words, someone who completes all the races, will still qualify for the prize even if he has a few penalty points. Other the hand, if you miss a lot of races, getting penalties will further decrease your points haul and you probably won't qualify for the prize at all. However, what the points cutoff is to qualify depends on how many drivers participate during the challenge and how many points everyone scores. The important thing to remember is that if you complete every race and don't get any penalties, you are guaranteed to have as good of a chance to win as anyone else in the league. 👍

So... should I sell my bmw for a couple grand and get a beater 350z on a loan for autocross; or buy a cheap used kart in cash with the money from the bmw and autocross the 86? I could probably even transport a kart in the hatch of the 86...

I know a lot of you guys have more experience with karts/autox than me.

So... should I sell my bmw for a couple grand and get a beater 350z on a loan for autocross; or buy a cheap used kart in cash with the money from the bmw and autocross the 86? I could probably even transport a kart in the hatch of the 86...

I know a lot of you guys have more experience with karts/autox than me.
Buy a vee, much cheaper to run than a competitive kart. New tires and engine every weekend with those things, whereas a vee engine can last numerous seasons, tires are half a season and they drop off in grip. Good times!

Hey @Raw10_2u I'm guessing or hoping your throwing me a compliment. I hate the word "blocking" cause sounds like I'm doing something wrong or intentional. A lot of times I'm just not as fast as others but I tend to hold me line which I think can be frustrating for people trying to pass. I don't conciously try to block people.
Just wanted to clear that up. :cheers:

Btw good for your daughter, I know what it's like to be a proud poppa!!!👍
I'm often told that I block when I'm just driving my line.

For all of you out there, if your behind me and I run a long straight in the center of the track!
It's not blocking, it's forcing you to choose a line!, I already know where I'm going!

Edit; Oh man, a double post! Throw me a fish, I'll get the Barby fired up!

fzappa, of course he's odd, he was a bus driver, lol. He failed to mention that his actions once made the city's major newspaper, and a couple of times he had to drive a desk for a few months, lol. And the "curvy" chicks he mentions in yoga pants, don't let him fool ya, I saw him with a few!

snailstewardsummary-jpg.259959

Race Date - Sun Jul 12 2015
Penalty Rate 100%
Banner by GamingPete

Below are the results of the one incident the stewards reviewed.

Division 3 - 1 incident on file
muriloantunes
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points halved to 3 for self report and 2 weeks probation.
These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to USERID_77a23 for his review this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in the SNAIL Data sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

2 drivers cleared probation this week. Well done! :cheers:
*****************************************************​

Buy a vee, much cheaper to run than a competitive kart. New tires and engine every weekend with those things, whereas a vee engine can last numerous seasons, tires are half a season and they drop off in grip. Good times!
The first decision is....where do you want to end up. If you want to drive Indy/F1 open wheelers then start with a Vee....VERY cost effective and lots of good competition. If you aspire to top level Sports Cars then by a Used race prepared
Miata and jump into lower level racing. Great cars...easy to learn in and many many on track....and if you get noticed the Mazda ladder provides ready made upward mobility.

It used to be everybody started in FF but it has gotten VERY expensive.....

I was wondering if any of you guys stay in the Dallas,Tx area because i have recently been going to my local tracks again (Mostly Karting) and would like to meet some of you guys and race! There is a karting track here in Dallas with perhaps the fastest rental karts in the states! (For sure in Texas) They also have racing leagues that you can race in using they're karts for really cheap price i do them myself.

Back