◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
Can I watch the races this Sunday without being a bother? I’m still unsure of my status
I'm not the person to offer approval or disapproval, but I can say the answer is usually a 'No'. The reason given is 'because we race in very tight formation and quarters, lag can be an issue. So we tend to err on the side of caution to help ensure a good race experience for all drivers.'
....or something like that.

Edit:
You are welcome to watch any of the live broadcasts that will most likely be running tomorrow night, or watch any of the replays that will be shared after the races.

I hope I have been helpful.

Last edited:
Practice room for the SNAIL FIA CHALLENGE IS UP.
ROOM NAME IS “SNAIL CHALLENGE”

Room ID: *CLOSED*

Last edited:
Daily Race: 2018-08-16
Race: GR.4
Car: Toyota 86 - Gr.4

I didn't notice this until I watched the reply, but a driver would continually flash his headlights at me.
I've flashed my headlights to let someone know that I'm there and I'm coming for you, but I haven't used my headlights to try and distract a fellow driver. It was quite funny after a few times because this driver would flash his lights from so far away.

Daily Race: 2018-08-16
Race: GR.4
Car: Toyota 86 - Gr.4

I didn't notice this until I watched the reply, but a driver would continually flash his headlights at me.
I've flashed my headlights to let someone know that I'm there and I'm coming for you, but I haven't used my headlights to try and distract a fellow driver. It was quite funny after a few times because this driver would flash his lights from so far away.
I have seen this a couple times before where the timing and location of the flashing doesn't make sense. I just attributed it to someones controller layout and was accidentally doing it. If they are using DS4 they could be pressing down and not realize it.

SNAILData Logo.png
The SNAIL Sunday Scoring sheets for Aug 19 have been prepared and is ready to go for tonight.

Can I watch the races this Sunday without being a bother? I’m still unsure of my status

Considering that you didn't get a time trial submitted, you are not an active driver. If you're not an active driver, the host will ask you to leave the room upon your entry. If you don't leave the room when asked, the host will kick you from the room.

As others have said, if you were an active member and were in the room, you would be expected to race. There's no sense in wasting bandwidth for someone to sit there and watch. If you want to watch Sunday night races, there are usually plenty of live streams that you can use to watch the races.

I have seen this a couple times before where the timing and location of the flashing doesn't make sense. I just attributed it to someones controller layout and was accidentally doing it. If they are using DS4 they could be pressing down and not realize it.
@M1SS-D3V10US
That is usually when it happens for me (as I am on DS4). I inadvertently will press the left joystick down as I am "hard into a turn" and as I watch the replay, I look like a goof flashing my lights at someone. Not to mention that when your headlights are on it switches from high to low and then back... ah well.

@M1SS-D3V10US
That is usually when it happens for me (as I am on DS4). I inadvertently will press the left joystick down as I am "hard into a turn" and as I watch the replay, I look like a goof flashing my lights at someone. Not to mention that when your headlights are on it switches from high to low and then back... ah well.

I was the same way and I did a night race and it bothered the hell out of me so I took it off L3. Now that does nothing for me cause I press it everytime I’m turning hard or close to someone in a turn unintentionally.

Back