◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
Let me see if I understand this. Don't post a tally of the votes because that might influence the way people choose to vote; however, there are no repercussions should you choose to ignore this and tally anyway. At the same time, complaining about the votes already cast in an effort to influence the voting is perfectly acceptable.

Maybe we should do away with voting and just let our "betters" choose for us. They seem to think they know the way for all of us, and they can save us from our unoriginal selves.

Does it really matter the combos are picked for the weekend...this is kinda like beating a dead horse isn't it

Does it really matter the combos are picked for the weekend...this is kinda like beating a dead horse isn't it
Happens every time there's one of these little votes. The horse is very much alive. Because the vote is over it can be talked about without threat of influence. While voting is still open, talking about it would be doing exactly the same thing as what I'm pointing out, which is quasi forbidden.

sunday-night-combos-png.512219

Sunday, May 19, 2019 Lineup
May 2019 Season - League Night #3

1. MINI COOPER 'S' 1965 on CS Tires @ Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile II - 18:40 Clear - (10 Laps)
2. LANCIA STRATOS 1973 on SH Tires @ Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 11:30 Fine Weather - (6 Laps)
3. BMW M4 GR.4 on SS Tires @ Suzuka Circuit - 15:45 Clear - (5 Laps)

Click here for 2019 Calendar

Last edited:
Let me see if I understand this. Don't post a tally of the votes because that might influence the way people choose to vote; however, there are no repercussions should you choose to ignore this and tally anyway. At the same time, complaining about the votes already cast in an effort to influence the voting is perfectly acceptable.

Maybe we should do away with voting and just let our "betters" choose for us. They seem to think they know the way for all of us, and they can save us from our unoriginal selves.

Happens every time there's one of these little votes. The horse is very much alive. Because the vote is over it can be talked about without threat of influence. While voting is still open, talking about it would be doing exactly the same thing as what I'm pointing out, which is quasi forbidden.

I can't bring myself to 'like' your post. It's has a harsh undertone. The truth is harsh sometimes. Point taken.

3 hours and no post? Well . . . I can’t wait any longer.
@JamCar0ne @WildOne1976 @Raw10_2u @TEX36 @DublDee @thracerviewr @Noob01_ImDead
This upcoming Sunday is a great opportunity with the Mini to go ABS free and join the revolution. There’s only a few places on Horsethief that require breathing on the brakes. Why not start where you have nothing to lose?

Sounds a good idea
I will practice and check out this racing mode
I am afraid because i am in the last chance list and dont want to punt anybody.

Can u give some advise on your experience what should we take care of?
After the Lancia Stratos was announced and we had practice last night, I wanted to follow up with you ABS-free revolution followers. We have 2 combinations that could get by with newbie ABS-free acumen. The Mini requires very light brake inputs. The Stratos requires/demands that braking be done liberally and while the car is going straight. Additionally, the Stratos penalizes for abrupt changes with regard to braking [and steering]. This is another perfect opportunity to give up the chains of ABS. And now to Raul's point of being on probation: Your chances of getting into trouble with experimenting with this would normally be good reason to abiding by the mentality 'nothing new on race day'. However, I'm recommending these 2 combos because it's very low risk. I am so enthralled with going ABS free that I can't contain my new found enthusiasm. I do brake a bit earlier to give myself room for lockup and/or error, and by doing so, I end up giving myself a cushion. I noticed watching replays of aliens that they were not out braking me, in fact, the opposite seemed true. Aliens are very controlled, calm, calculated and not pressing their driving limits [don't confuse these limits with the car's limits].

@Rob Brown

I go no abs on any vehicle that was not equipped with it at the time of its production on my own time. I have done this since GT5... So gentlemen... I am welcome to this. See you sunday sans ABS with exception of the gr4 BMW.

Hey at least they’re not being threatened to be called MIA just because they’re taking too (bad word) long to come up with a combo. Proof:

Maybe I'm missing something, but why are we waiting on this? It's Saturday and the race would normally be tomorrow. So why isn't the progress moving like it would normally? I understand that it's a holiday weekend, but the selection should have already been selected, IMHO.

:cheers:

Thank you @Rednose58

Agreed!

I understand this, but this selection would have been made already if this was a normal week. So Why Hasn't The Selection Been Made?!?!

Because there's a week off so they get an extra week to figure it out. No worries, you'll know when you know and it will be no sooner than when anyone else knows.

At this point I would consider @RacingOtaku86 to be M.I.A. and rely on the alternitive means to make a selection.

...but thats just me. What do the rest if Snails think?

What’s worse? SOME OF YOU AGREED TO THAT. Yes I’m still partly peeved from that; and yet it’s no wonder I’m not racing.

Last edited:
Practice lobby open. ID: 0475-4198-3951-0409-5300
Currently at Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile II.
Now at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.
And Finally, Suzuka Circuit.
Room Closed.

Last edited:
So here's what I really just don't get in this whole situation. If people enjoy racing the 86 and want to race it because it's fun to them who are we to say anything? Some may find new and unique cars fun others may think an easy to drive car that provides close racing fun. Ultimately isnt this all about fun?
@RacingOtaku86 why let the actions of others ruin your fun? The bod's (from what you linked in your post) didn't agree so forget everyone who agreed because they don't matter to your selection, move on, and race to have fun!

So here's what I really just don't get in this whole situation. If people enjoy racing the 86 and want to race it because it's fun to them who are we to say anything? Some may find new and unique cars fun others may think an easy to drive car that provides close racing fun. Ultimately isnt this all about fun?
@RacingOtaku86 why let the actions of others ruin your fun? The bod's (from what you linked in your post) didn't agree so forget everyone who agreed because they don't matter to your selection, move on, and race to have fun!
With that said, the Mini Cooper at Horse Thief Mile is a lot of fun.

I was one of the ones who voted after the posts you are referring to and can say they had no influence at all on my choice. I make my own decisions.

Brands Hatch wouldn't be my first choice for this car as the track is tough in any car. Knowing how tough the car was to drive in GT6, figured the goal would be to just stay on track and everyone else would be struggling too. But after driving the Carrera Speedster around Brands Hatch Indy in this week's time trial, I find the two cars to have similar characteristics.

I find this weeks combos very refreshing and a delightful break from the planted winged cars we seem to constantly run. Here is an influential statement for the masses, I'll be voting 3 this week.

Hey at least they’re not being threatened to be called MIA just because they’re taking too (bad word) long to come up with a combo. Proof:

What’s worse? SOME OF YOU AGREED TO THAT. Yes I’m still partly peeved from that; and yet it’s no wonder I’m not racing.

Didn't you choose a car (Amuse) from a list of suggestions without testing it first, and then proudly declared you wouldn't race because of how bad it handled??

Bringing stuff up that happened soooooo long ago come on man I'm sure every body is over it and if you aren't then move on

Get your ovaries out of a twist who cares, if it's not fun dont race if it is fun and you enjoy it then race. It's that simple!

While going through the regular weekly routing of steward duties, I noticed that there were some errors made in the scoring for one of our divisions. If you are a scorekeeper there are a couple of things you must remember.

• If a driver starts the qualifying session, they get points for race 1 of the combo even if they don't start the race.
  • If a driver starts the race, either race 1 or 2 of a combo, they get points for that race.
  • If multiple drivers disconnect, those drivers are ordered based on how long they stayed connected.
  • If a driver parks, they are treated like the disconnected at the time they parked for scoring purposes.

3 hours and no post? Well . . . I can’t wait any longer.

After the Lancia Stratos was announced and we had practice last night, I wanted to follow up with you ABS-free revolution followers. We have 2 combinations that could get by with newbie ABS-free acumen. The Mini requires very light brake inputs. The Stratos requires/demands that braking be done liberally and while the car is going straight. Additionally, the Stratos penalizes for abrupt changes with regard to braking [and steering]. This is another perfect opportunity to give up the chains of ABS. And now to Raul's point of being on probation: Your chances of getting into trouble with experimenting with this would normally be good reason to abiding by the mentality 'nothing new on race day'. However, I'm recommending these 2 combos because it's very low risk. I am so enthralled with going ABS free that I can't contain my new found enthusiasm. I do brake a bit earlier to give myself room for lockup and/or error, and by doing so, I end up giving myself a cushion. I noticed watching replays of aliens that they were not out braking me, in fact, the opposite seemed true. Aliens are very controlled, calm, calculated and not pressing their driving limits [don't confuse these limits with the car's limits].

I have been practicing ABS free. But my brain some times forgets that and then i finish out track
I need more time and practice to achieve the muscle memory to avoid sliding.....
Perhaps will try only the mini this time.

Latest Posts

Back