Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. TomMang_68

TomMang_68

[​IMG]

Sunday, May 19, 2019 Lineup
    May 2019 Season - League Night #3

1. MINI COOPER 'S' 1965 on CS Tires @ Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile II - 18:40 Clear - (10 Laps)
    2. LANCIA STRATOS 1973 on SH Tires @ Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 11:30 Fine Weather - (6 Laps)
    3. BMW M4 GR.4 on SS Tires @ Suzuka Circuit - 15:45 Clear - (5 Laps)

Click here for 2019 Calendar

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    JamCar0ne and DesertPenguin like this.
  2. TomMang_68

TomMang_68

3. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

Nice

TomMang_68 likes this.
  4. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

I can't bring myself to 'like' your post. It's has a harsh undertone. The truth is harsh sometimes. Point taken.

Nick Cannella likes this.
  5. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

3 hours and no post? Well . . . I can’t wait any longer.
    @JamCar0ne @WildOne1976 @Raw10_2u @TEX36 @DublDee @thracerviewr @Noob01_ImDead
    After the Lancia Stratos was announced and we had practice last night, I wanted to follow up with you ABS-free revolution followers. We have 2 combinations that could get by with newbie ABS-free acumen. The Mini requires very light brake inputs. The Stratos requires/demands that braking be done liberally and while the car is going straight. Additionally, the Stratos penalizes for abrupt changes with regard to braking [and steering]. This is another perfect opportunity to give up the chains of ABS. And now to Raul's point of being on probation: Your chances of getting into trouble with experimenting with this would normally be good reason to abiding by the mentality 'nothing new on race day'. However, I'm recommending these 2 combos because it's very low risk. I am so enthralled with going ABS free that I can't contain my new found enthusiasm. I do brake a bit earlier to give myself room for lockup and/or error, and by doing so, I end up giving myself a cushion. I noticed watching replays of aliens that they were not out braking me, in fact, the opposite seemed true. Aliens are very controlled, calm, calculated and not pressing their driving limits [don't confuse these limits with the car's limits].

6. WildOne1976

WildOne1976

@Rob Brown

I go no abs on any vehicle that was not equipped with it at the time of its production on my own time. I have done this since GT5... So gentlemen... I am welcome to this. See you sunday sans ABS with exception of the gr4 BMW.

Rob Brown likes this.
  7. Rednose58

Rednose58

See the results of the Snail Invitational Races - April 2019 Season HERE
    Races were held on May 10.

8. RacingOtaku86

RacingOtaku86

Hey at least they’re not being threatened to be called MIA just because they’re taking too (bad word) long to come up with a combo. Proof:

What’s worse? SOME OF YOU AGREED TO THAT. Yes I’m still partly peeved from that; and yet it’s no wonder I’m not racing.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Jw_wk1010, Phlano099 and gulfvet67 like this.
  9. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

I can't bring myself to 'like' your post. It's has a harsh undertone.

THRASH, JamCar0ne, DublDee and 2 others like this.
  10. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

Death Wish Coffee Racing Team trio for Sunday is ready!

70082E0B-E425-421E-A09B-45D464B26001.jpeg

11. Bud__Greene

Bud__Greene

Practice lobby open. ID: 0475-4198-3951-0409-5300
    Currently at Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile II.
    Now at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.
    And Finally, Suzuka Circuit.
    Room Closed.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Pigems likes this.
  12. Fudman420

Fudman420

So here's what I really just don't get in this whole situation. If people enjoy racing the 86 and want to race it because it's fun to them who are we to say anything? Some may find new and unique cars fun others may think an easy to drive car that provides close racing fun. Ultimately isnt this all about fun?
    @RacingOtaku86 why let the actions of others ruin your fun? The bod's (from what you linked in your post) didn't agree so forget everyone who agreed because they don't matter to your selection, move on, and race to have fun!

13. Bud__Greene

Bud__Greene

With that said, the Mini Cooper at Horse Thief Mile is a lot of fun.

14. JamCar0ne

JamCar0ne

I was one of the ones who voted after the posts you are referring to and can say they had no influence at all on my choice. I make my own decisions.

Brands Hatch wouldn't be my first choice for this car as the track is tough in any car. Knowing how tough the car was to drive in GT6, figured the goal would be to just stay on track and everyone else would be struggling too. But after driving the Carrera Speedster around Brands Hatch Indy in this week's time trial, I find the two cars to have similar characteristics.

I find this weeks combos very refreshing and a delightful break from the planted winged cars we seem to constantly run. Here is an influential statement for the masses, I'll be voting 3 this week.

Didn't you choose a car (Amuse) from a list of suggestions without testing it first, and then proudly declared you wouldn't race because of how bad it handled??

N38824r, Jw_wk1010, DublDee and 6 others like this.
  15. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

I’ve got several flavors for May 19. I may have to start making my own Conti liveries. They’ve been sponsoring me for the last 26 years!
    0ACF35E2-B9C6-4095-8B01-04BB75747E84.png BC61750A-E1BC-481B-A257-1C7503DEBC91.png

16. TomMang_68

TomMang_68

17. Herimopp89

Herimopp89 Premium

Bringing stuff up that happened soooooo long ago come on man I'm sure every body is over it and if you aren't then move on

THRASH, Jw_wk1010, gulfvet67 and 5 others like this.
  18. basswerks1

basswerks1

Meh. Take the good with the bad. Try to keep it on track! And vote accordingly!

gulfvet67, DublDee, Mully465 and 2 others like this.
  19. Neutty

Neutty Premium

I’d race that combo again any time. It wasn’t that bad.

Jw_wk1010, DublDee and Herimopp89 like this.
  20. TexasJDC

TexasJDC Premium

Get your ovaries out of a twist who cares, if it's not fun dont race if it is fun and you enjoy it then race. It's that simple!

THRASH, Jw_wk1010, GTP_Guido and 4 others like this.
  21. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Combo practice room open
    Closed - Will try later tonight

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  22. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

While going through the regular weekly routing of steward duties, I noticed that there were some errors made in the scoring for one of our divisions. If you are a scorekeeper there are a couple of things you must remember.

• If a driver starts the qualifying session, they get points for race 1 of the combo even if they don't start the race.
    • If a driver starts the race, either race 1 or 2 of a combo, they get points for that race.
    • If multiple drivers disconnect, those drivers are ordered based on how long they stayed connected.
    • If a driver parks, they are treated like the disconnected at the time they parked for scoring purposes.

23. Herimopp89

Herimopp89 Premium

Made an oppsie

DesertPenguin likes this.
  24. Noob01_lmdead

Noob01_lmdead

I have been practicing ABS free. But my brain some times forgets that and then i finish out track
    I need more time and practice to achieve the muscle memory to avoid sliding.....
    Perhaps will try only the mini this time.

Rob Brown likes this.
  25. Marcus Garvey

Marcus Garvey

If I'm not driving for competition I nearly exclusively run no abs. Have for a number of years now. Stems from my use of the game for some fake seat time, because my real race car does not have ABS. Actually, none of my cars have ABS.

26. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The drivers list has been updated and is ready for tonight's racing.

The steward summary has been posted, scores updated, and driver probation updated.

My review of 10 incidents on file is complete.

27. Rednose58

Rednose58

upload_2019-5-19_11-0-27.png
    The SNAIL Sunday Scoring Sheets have been prepared and is ready to go for tonight.

28. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Combo practice room open

Dinnertime - CLOSED

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  29. JamCar0ne

JamCar0ne

30. thracerviewr

thracerviewr

D1 room is up:

0475-4199-0448-3535-1620