◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
scores and votes are in for D2
congrats @MikeGrove on achieving a perfect 100 score.!
those don't happen often.

can the data guru's provide a hall of fame with the drivers who have scored perfect 100's ?

snail100.PNG

Any bets on if Mike gets bumped up to D1 next season? :dopey:

For the future - these stats can be looked at by clicking the "stats" link in my sig. Just click on any PSN from the drop down box and at the bottom of the next screen there is a link for "click here for more stats". Shout out to @msgt-sd for putting it together

Heres the link

I think the competition level in these divisions are way off , being anywhere between two to five seconds of the competition is not close racing or any fun

Its all about the practice. Generally over the last 4 & 1/2 years, there’s no where where I can find more evenly matched racing. The divisional placement system here generally works wonders.

An hour or so goes a long way & im sure if you were a bit off in the Demio, it’s down to the combo itself being unforgiving.

scores and votes are in for D2
congrats @MikeGrove on achieving a perfect 100 score.!
those don't happen often.

can the data guru's provide a hall of fame with the drivers who have scored perfect 100's ?

View attachment 866617

Any bets on if Mike gets bumped up to D1 next season? :dopey:

For the future - these stats can be looked at by clicking the "stats" link in my sig. Just click on any PSN from the drop down box and at the bottom of the next screen there is a link for "click here for more stats". Shout out to @msgt-sd for putting it together

Heres the link

D2 replays have been uploaded, texting is completed.

Congratulations @MikeGrove

thanks so much @basswerks1 @Phlano099 :rolleyes:👍
& @SAMHAIN85 for sharing the perfect score stats! You are quick!
:gtpflag:

I think the competition level in these divisions are way off , being anywhere between two to five seconds of the competition is not close racing or any fun

Unfortunately this is what happens when SNAIL starts to lose active drivers. Its a domino effect. We just recently went from 4 Divisions down to 3 Divisions to compensate for the dwindling numbers. So now theres now only 3 "homes" for everyone instead of 4, so you get larger skill gaps between the top and bottom of every division.

I made a post that ties in with this last year. This was right in the middle of a discussion about what SNAIL as a whole would rather have: smaller grids but more divisions, or larger grids and less divisions. Without digging too far into it I think the majority wanted larger grids (which means larger skill gaps)

GT Sport is no longer "new" so as the game gets older everyone feels the effects of it. Pair that with people feeling like they're in the wrong division and that they arent competitive and you get a decline in driver counts on Sundays and so the reduction of total Divisions is imminent. Some may also argue that certain combo selections have an effect on overall activity. If you win a Prize its your right to pick whatever you want. But its not a bad idea to think about SNAIL as a whole and ask yourself if everyone will enjoy racing that combo, or if the masses will want to avoid it like plague and not have fun racing it.

We were down to 2 Divisions in GT6 leading up to the launch of GT Sport. The 29 in the upper left is the amount of drivers that raced in October:

d1-oct.PNG

Just 1 month later Sport launched and we skyrocketed to 82 drivers and 5 Divisions in the November Season:

d1-nov.PNG

This is why recruiting is important. The more people that we have/join, the better chance everyone has a competitive division to participate in. There is a recruitment PM open for anyone thats willing to help the cause.

F13DB91B-CFAE-4E96-A5E0-CF09DD78654C.jpeg

UPCOMING RACE

11/19
Week 6
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Gr.4
12:00 Fine Weather
Grid Start
Tire Wear - 4x
Fuel Wear - 3x

Confirmations are open, you have until Tuesday, 11/19, at 8:00pm Eastern to confirm. To confirm simply click HERE and reply with Confirming.

GT Sport is no longer "new" so as the game gets older everyone feels the effects of it. Pair that with people feeling like they're in the wrong division and that they arent competitive and you get a decline in driver counts on Sundays and so the reduction of total Divisions is imminent. Some may also argue that certain combo selections have an effect on overall activity. If you win a Prize its your right to pick whatever you want. But its not a bad idea to think about SNAIL as a whole and ask yourself if everyone will enjoy racing that combo, or if the masses will want to avoid it like plague and not have fun racing it.

I stopped racing because of the combos.... that and I wasn’t thrilled with the tire plan. In my opinion, there could be better racing if they just used race med or soft for everything. What does it matter if it’s a street car or race car. It’s going to drive better and be less “incidents”. I could be wrong but that’s my opinion.

I stopped racing because of the combos.... that and I wasn’t thrilled with the tire plan. In my opinion, there could be better racing if they just used race med or soft for everything. What does it matter if it’s a street car or race car. It’s going to drive better and be less “incidents”. I could be wrong but that’s my opinion.
95% of the cars and tires are fine. A select few need a softer compound (Mach forty, viper, etc). The racing is great, if we went to soft and medium race tires cars would be (locked down) (stuck to the track) and the racing wouldn’t be all that great. It be like that Demio, strung out nose to tail no passing. The margin for error would tremendously increase on race tires. Keeping it the way it is, margin error is minimal.

the racing wouldn’t be all that great. It be like that Demio, strung out nose to tail no passing.

86E4D250-BA83-48E7-8ABE-8C0CB0BAF80C.png

Does this look like nose to tail :confused:
@Neutty

Maybe CM would have been a more appropriate level of grip for N100, but that didn’t stop people in all divisions from losing control of the 100HP beast.

I watched the Demio races from D1 & D3 for some extra entertainment last night.

View attachment 866852
Does this look like nose to tail :confused:
@Neutty

Maybe CM would have been a more appropriate level of grip for N100, but that didn’t stop people in all divisions from losing control of the 100HP beast.

I watched the Demio races from D1 & D3 for some extra entertainment last night.

I agree. If I remember right, there was one @Neutty who said “cole trickle and rowdy burns to the line!” after rubbing doors all the way to the line with @Herimopp89

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on November 17, 2019

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 87 (90.35 for Prize B)
  2. Neuttyy ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. TheRaceReviewer --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. no1needs2perish --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Herimopp89 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. NASCARNATE91 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. N38824jr ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2
  1. MikeGrove --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 100 (103.85 for Prize A) SEE NOTE BELOW
  2. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Phlano_099 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Fudman420 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Onyx58 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. OMG_mang ---------- did not submit a vote
Division 3
  1. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 86.1 (79.48 for Prize C)
  2. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. NerdFam6 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. COL_KLINK01 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Raw10_2u ---------- did not submit a vote
  9. Skills_19657 ------ did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - MAZDA DEMIO XD TOURING 2015 (CS) at Alsace - Village II - 21:00 Clear (4 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @MikeGrove wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.
PLEASE NOTE: Since @MikeGrove has already won Prize A this season, he is ineligible to win it again until next season. This means that unless he loses Prize A due to incident reviews, any driver who competed in Division 2 on Sunday night will have the opportunity to suggest an entirely new car and track combo. I recommend that all D2 drivers from Sunday night start TESTING combos they would like to suggest. That way, you will be ready to post a good combo when @JLBowler gives the "all clear". It's important to mention that a good combo will not have a car that hits its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft). Also, please be sure to only suggest one combo. Any driver who suggests more than one combo will automatically be ineligible to suggest any combos at all. Please don't let that happen to you. Only suggest ONE combo (but not until @MikeGrove is confirmed as the Prize A winner).

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - HONDA SPORTS VISION GRAN TURISMO (SS) at Sardegna - Road Track - A - 07:00 Clear (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Nicktune gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @TEX36 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

View media item 2540This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!
The IR Submission Form is now closed.
We have 3 incidents on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on 11/22/19.
Banner by @GamingPete

@MikeGrove @TEX36 @Nicktune will be included in a conversation in the next few minutes that will contain instructions and deadlines.

If you raced in D2 this week, you get to make one suggestion for prize A from which @MikeGrove
will make his choice.
  • Your suggestion must be made by posting in this thread.
  • You may not edit your post to change your suggestion.
  • Be sure to include the full in-game name of the car and track and time of day. Failure to include time of day will result in default being chosen.
  • The deadline to make a suggestion will be Tuesday night at 11:59 PM ET.
  • Remember that you are not voting for a suggestion that was already made. You are making your own suggestion.
  • Time of day with rain or wet track effects are not eligible for selection.
  • Please do not include photos or other extra text in your suggestion as it just has to be deleted when the posts are grouped together.
@Xradkins @Kgffy @Phlano099 @Fudman420 @basswerks1 @Akzl298 @SlvrOnyx @USERID_77a23 @TomMang_68

Back