◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Tagging @notime72 as a reminder that he is clear to make his prize A suggestion. If this has not been done by 3PM ET today, we will have an absentee prize winner and there will be a very quick suggestion and voting process before practice tonight.
Sorry man, I was out of town and my phone took a dump. Sorry I was unable to respond

Rubbing is racing - Ok, in small doses. But humans have some give; Tokyo walls don’t. Shortly after @DublDee posted his selection I ran 15laps. Let’s subtract 5 to remember course layout. In 10 laps I ran one clean but nothing less than 1:05. The :04 is there but man this combo is IN_SANE. I feel like I’m flying that X-wing thru the Death Star.

Incredibly fun choice. I fear the carnage in close quarter combat.

Last edited:
Rubbing is racing - Ok, in small doses. But humans have some give; Tokyo walls don’t. Shortly after @DublDee posted his selection I ran 15laps. Let’s subtract 5 to remember course layout. In 10 laps I ran one clean but nothing less than 1:05. The :04 is there but man this combo is IN_SANE. I feel like I’m flying that X-wing thru the Death Star.

Incredibly fun choice. I fear the carnage in close quarter combat.
Yeah this combo is insanely fast and fun....strap up boys......n girl, Lol. It’s gonna be great but hey I hope there’s no “Ricky Bobby Shake n bake ya” goin on. Lol

For track selection I'm going with fuji international @0445 clear with a lap time of 1:40. Also I apologize about not posting my choice here I didn't read everything

Don't worry about it. I added the line in to that post so that when I copy and paste, it will be there for me.

Sunday, March 7, 2021 Lineup
March 2021 Season - League Night #1
1. JAGUAR F-TYPE GR.4 on RH Tires @ Dragon Trail - Gardens - 10:00 Fine Weather - (9 Laps)
2. CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7 GR.3 on RH Tires @ Fuji International Speedway - 04:45 Clear - (9 Laps)
3. LEXUS AU TOM'S RC F 2016 (GT500) on RH Tires @ Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop - 18:00 Clear - (15 Laps)

Details

I'm looking for thoughts and suggestions. You may or may not know (or care) I have a new rig, which has changed my seating position drastically and I'm unsure of how to proceed. I now sit much lower. I use the bumper view or cockpit view. I've included photos to illustrate what I mean. Before: I could see the entire GTS screen, the Fanatec wheel being below the tv screen. After: The Fanatec wheel is now very much in my line of sight and blocks various HUD info. I very much like the view while driving, but I find myself having to move my upper body and/or head to see some things (gear, speed, rev bar, etc). What does your sim world look like?

Before:

View attachment 994912 View attachment 994915

After:

View attachment 994913 View attachment 994914
Can you move the screen up?
Attach to the wall may be?

Are mid week formal practices still being held?

This post isnt directed specfically just to you Wolf, we have quite a few new members so I'll go in depth with how practices work now.

SNAIL Official Practice is Thursdays @ 9PM EST

I decided to change up the practice format a bit, and I think everyone is pretty happy with it. Since SNAIL no longer uses qualifying which has increased our total race time (from roughly 12 minutes per race to 16 minutes), I felt like 2 16min races were not optimal for practice/recruitment. For a number of reasons:

• Longer races means the field can get thinned out pretty easily, and its not uncommon to find yourself running solo laps.
  • If a random joins mid race, its highly unlikely they're going to sit still for 15 minutes waiting for the race to end, just to find out that maybe that was our final race at that combo and we are now switching to the next one.
  • Shorter races = field stays tighter for longer.

So instead of doing a mock of Sunday night like we have in the past for practice (6 races total), we now do 3 sprints per combo. I try to set the amount of laps so we get a total of 8-10mins per race. Fastest first for the first race like always, and then reverse grid for the remaining 2. When I switch to the next combo I announce that the track is open for qually, and people can either use that time to set some laps or use it for a quick break.

Lobby has been filling quickly, and usually stays full for the majority of the night. If people hop on late and cant get in, they can either wait for someone inevitably to leave, or they can take it upon themselves to open a practice room. If you do end up hosting a room, you take on a certain responsibility and need to make sure the lobby settings are correct. When you're in the official practice lobby you can save the lobby settings for future hosting yourself by hitting race settings > view event settings > save settings. Now all you have to do is 'load' them when you go to create your own lobby. And you dont even have to be physically in the race lobby in order to save or view these settings. Simply select the SNAIL Prac lobby from the online lobbies menu, hit Triangle, and there will be an option for "room info" or something similar. From there you can save it as well.

Its advised that you have some form of advertising in the lobby title that points towards us. I always use www.snailracing.org in the lobby title of the practice lobbies. Any potential recruits are directed straight to the first post of this thread and are met with all the vital info about us.

Maybe when GT7 launches and we shoot back up to 100 members, maybe we go back to using Blue, Red, and Yellow rooms Wolf?

See you guys tomorrow

This post isnt directed specfically just to you Wolf, we have quite a few new members so I'll go in depth with how practices work now.

SNAIL Official Practice is Thursdays @ 9PM EST

I decided to change up the practice format a bit, and I think everyone is pretty happy with it. Since SNAIL no longer uses qualifying which has increased our total race time (from roughly 12 minutes per race to 16 minutes), I felt like 2 16min races were not optimal for practice/recruitment. For a number of reasons:

• Longer races means the field can get thinned out pretty easily, and its not uncommon to find yourself running solo laps.
  • If a random joins mid race, its highly unlikely they're going to sit still for 15 minutes waiting for the race to end, just to find out that maybe that was our final race at that combo and we are now switching to the next one.
  • Shorter races = field stays tighter for longer.

So instead of doing a mock of Sunday night like we have in the past for practice (6 races total), we now do 3 sprints per combo. I try to set the amount of laps so we get a total of 8-10mins per race. Fastest first for the first race like always, and then reverse grid for the remaining 2. When I switch to the next combo I announce that the track is open for qually, and people can either use that time to set some laps or use it for a quick break.

Lobby has been filling quickly, and usually stays full for the majority of the night. If people hop on late and cant get in, they can either wait for someone inevitably to leave, or they can take it upon themselves to open a practice room. If you do end up hosting a room, you take on a certain responsibility and need to make sure the lobby settings are correct. When you're in the official practice lobby you can save the lobby settings for future hosting yourself by hitting race settings > view event settings > save settings. Now all you have to do is 'load' them when you go to create your own lobby. And you dont even have to be physically in the race lobby in order to save or view these settings. Simply select the SNAIL Prac lobby from the online lobbies menu, hit Triangle, and there will be an option for "room info" or something similar. From there you can save it as well.

Its advised that you have some form of advertising in the lobby title that points towards us. I always use www.snailracing.org in the lobby title of the practice lobbies. Any potential recruits are directed straight to the first post of this thread and are met with all the vital info about us.

Maybe when GT7 launches and we shoot back up to 100 members, maybe we go back to using Blue, Red, and Yellow rooms Wolf?

See you guys tomorrow

I quite enjoyed the 3 splits... it served the right purpose.... Fast pace racing / racing for etiquette and group / and learning the ropes ...

Last edited:
I quite enjoy the 3 splits... it served the right purpose.... Fast pace racing / racing for etiquette and group / and learning the ropes ...

Glad to be back and paying the price of carrying one metric Ton of Rust! :crazy:

1st impressions after a two year sabatical.

Next week I volunteer to host a practice room for the mortals.... as my allotment of doors was used in six races. half of them due to my own mistakes, but the other half.. well it seems like there was a shortage of doors. I do remember reading somewhere 'the overtaking driver must still avoid contact. Small errors by the ahead driver may not necessarily justify a passing move. The ahead driver getting a bit out of shape at times doesn’t give you an automatic right to force a pass. You still have to pass safely and without undue contact. The ahead driver must not make any sudden changes to their line in an attempt to defend their position in this situation.'

I think the mix of having all three divisions + probable new recruits with shorters lap races, always tend to have a bit of over aggressive moves at the tightest parts of the track drawing a bit too much contact.

20210304231928 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20210304231848 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20210304231829 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20210304231838 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20210304231856 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Last edited:
Capture.JPG

I have reviewed 4 incidents on file

Last edited:
.. well it seems like there was a shortage of doors. I do remember reading somewhere 'the overtaking driver must still avoid contact. Small errors by the ahead driver may not necessarily justify a passing move. The ahead driver getting a bit out of shape at times doesn’t give you an automatic right to force a pass. You still have to pass safely and without undue contact. The ahead driver must not make any sudden changes to their line in an attempt to defend their position in this situation.'

I think the mix of having all three divisions + probable new recruits with shorters lap races, always tend to have a bit of over aggressive moves at the tightest parts of the track drawing a bit too much contact.

Greetings @Wolfsatz and welcome back to SNAIL. I owe you a big "Sorry" for my shunt of you at the hairpin at Dragon Gardens on Thursday. I had hoped that after a year in SNAIL I would be better, but this still happens to me in large crowds at hairpins. There's a reason I'm at the front of the grid every second race.

Again, Sorry.

I'm working on improving my traffic skills. Sadly, my to 10 Things To Do To Become A Better Racer has twenty five items on it. Looking forward to clean racing in the future.

Greetings @Wolfsatz and welcome back to SNAIL. I owe you a big "Sorry" for my shunt of you at the hairpin at Dragon Gardens on Thursday. I had hoped that after a year in SNAIL I would be better, but this still happens to me in large crowds at hairpins. There's a reason I'm at the front of the grid every second race.

Again, Sorry.

I'm working on improving my traffic skills. Sadly, my to 10 Things To Do To Become A Better Racer has twenty five items on it. Looking forward to clean racing in the future.

NP! ... I think next week with the overflow and/or racing for etiquette room should be more fun for both crowds.

Back