◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
View media item 2540
This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have no incidents on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, 11/5/21.

Banner by @GamingPete

@Timlour @gatordaryl @CANOWORMS1 will be included in a conversation which will contain instructions and deadlines as well as sorting out any other repeat winners. Prize A's selection process is started below.

We have a duplicate prize winner this week.

If you raced in D1 this week, you get to make a suggestion for Prize A and then @Timlour will make his choice from those suggestions.
  • Your suggestion must be made by posting in this thread.
  • You may not edit your post to change your suggestion.
  • Be sure to include the full in-game name of the car and track.
  • The deadline to make a suggestion will be Wednesday @ 6PM ET.
  • Remember that you are not voting for a suggestion that was already made. You are making your own suggestion.
  • Please do not include photos or other extra text in your suggestion as it just has to be deleted when the posts are grouped together.
SNAIL Approved Car and Track List
Full approved track list can be found here.

Prize winners are allowed to choose the time of day for their track selection. If a specific time of day is not selected then the default time of day will be used. (Note: The time of day settings differ between arcade and online modes in the game. Always check the lobby settings when selecting time of day.) In the event that a track is frozen, the time of day will also be frozen with the track.

Please remember that any car and track combo chosen must produce a mid-division lap time that is under 5 minutes. Also note that any selected track will be bound by the SNAIL lobby settings.

Also remember that any car chosen must not hit the rev limiter at any time, even in the draft.

@gatordaryl @Nicktune @Rob Brown @Kgffy @notime72 @MikeGrove @Noob01_lmdead
My suggestion for Prize A;
GT-R Nismo ‘17 @ Fuji (full)

Attachments

• E2B8B5E3-81BA-471E-BDF5-B20F312EF9CA.jpeg
    E2B8B5E3-81BA-471E-BDF5-B20F312EF9CA.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 0193C6E4-69AF-4461-AF23-F68D17C41C5C.jpeg
    0193C6E4-69AF-4461-AF23-F68D17C41C5C.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 14

Sunday, November 7, 2021 Lineup
November 2021 Season - League Night #1
1. BMW Z8 2001 on SS Tires @ Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit - 08:00 Clear - (6 Laps)
2. FORD MUSTANG GT PREMIUM FASTBACK 2015 on SS Tires @ Dragon Trail - Gardens - 10:00 Fine Weather - (9 Laps)
3. NISSAN GT-R NISMO 2017 on RH Tires @ Fuji International Speedway - 06:15 Clear - (9 Laps)

If we don't get the lap times we have to make the guess....if we are way off, then please let us know.

Details

Sunday, November 7, 2021 Lineup
November 2021 Season - League Night #1
1. BMW Z8 2001 on SS Tires @ Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit - 08:00 Clear - (6 Laps)
2. FORD MUSTANG GT PREMIUM FASTBACK 2015 on SS Tires @ Dragon Trail - Gardens - 10:00 Fine Weather - (9 Laps)
3. NISSAN GT-R NISMO 2017 on RH Tires @ Fuji International Speedway - 06:15 Clear - (9 Laps)

If we don't get the lap times we have to make the guess....if we are way off, then please let us know.

Details
For combo 1 I was able to get my lap times down to 2:29, which means a mid-division lap time should be a couple of seconds per lap faster, at least.

Calling on any available Snails with a Friday night free who might like to give the Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge a try, we are in need ofv2 Reserve drivers tonight at 9pm est. See the link below, and post in that thread if interested.
Thread 'SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (Season 3): Event #3 at Kyoto DP-Y+M, Friday, Nov 5th, 9pm est' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...t-kyoto-dp-y-m-friday-nov-5th-9pm-est.399354/

Calling on any available Snails with a Friday night free who might like to give the Snail Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge a try, we are in need ofv2 Reserve drivers tonight at 9pm est. See the link below, and post in that thread if interested.
Thread 'SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (Season 3): Event #3 at Kyoto DP-Y+M, Friday, Nov 5th, 9pm est' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...t-kyoto-dp-y-m-friday-nov-5th-9pm-est.399354/
Sorry bud, just got home a little while ago. Definitely want to join sometime in the near future

You look so intense in that stream... is it more comfortable to sit up in that chair? I find it easier to have my seat reclined a little more
Lmao :lol:

I have had lots of feedback like that from people watching. I think it’s partially the camera making it seem like I am upright. My rig seating position is closer to that of a GT car rather than a formula car.

I made the rig from scratch so over time I have done some adjustments to get the wheel higher and seat lower on my own. It is in a pretty natural driving position for me at the moment; similar to my Yaris and Sequoia seating positions.

My Yaris was sold privately back in May to help pay bills incase anyone was wondering. $6200 for my 91,000 miles on the 2014 Yaris L Hatch.

One day when I am less financially challenged, I will seek out my Yaris Vin# and purchase it back.
DE208A67-9581-4D8C-BA5C-1DE42F497414.jpeg
305BF00F-B5E4-474B-853A-E04F00E622E9.png
B5FA02F6-3139-4CA7-872F-5F4AC9E831F1.jpeg
9A127625-6744-444C-BDA9-71118F2F2483.jpeg
0C24FBE2-7904-45CB-8DE7-E0A0A63DB6D2.jpeg

Last edited:
1636307457744.png

The October 2021 Season has been archived. Links to archived data is in the Snail Data sheet

The SNAIL Sunday Scoring Sheets have been prepared for November 7

PLEASE NOTE: USA and Canada (with some exceptions) changed over to Standard Time last night. Adjust your clocks 1 hr back. Racing is still at 9:30 PM Eastern Standard Time. If you did not have a time change last night, make sure you understand that racing is now an hour later for you (I think....)

Last edited:
How could I possibly have stayed in D1 with these guys being moved to D2? I’m just gonna say I’m not faster than all others moved to D2. Does limited attendance keeps me from being relegated?
I’ve also been wondering this. At best, I’m about the same skill as the guys who were relegated. Realistically, they more consistently score better than I do.

If the reason I wasn’t relegated is because I wasn’t able to race for most of October, then that doesn’t seem fair to me.

I'm nothing official or anything, but I'm sure every effort is made to make sure comparable drivers are placed together in divisions. I also believe effort is made to make sure an equal amount of presumably active drivers are placed in each division to keep the prize system fair.

How could I possibly have stayed in D1 with these guys being moved to D2? I’m just gonna say I’m not faster than all others moved to D2. Does limited attendance keeps me from being relegated?

I’ve also been wondering this. At best, I’m about the same skill as the guys who were relegated. Realistically, they more consistently score better than I do.

If the reason I wasn’t relegated is because I wasn’t able to race for most of October, then that doesn’t seem fair to me.

Hosts should start the night's racing at the scheduled time. The only reason to delay the start is to sort connection issues for those that were in the room on time or to give someoen who was in the room on time their 3 minutes to return to the lobby.

Back