◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
Didn't some of the people you asked to help you make a selection offer up the idea of taking a vitz with a little more track inspired performance ?
Like the majority of pictures you just exhibited in your last post.

to answer your sincere question, No.

no one offered up a "more track inspired performance Vitz" as an option for my prize, because there isn't one in GT6. :drool:
Of the people who I asked for help with testing, Only @src_ej6 actually drove the combo and gave it a chance. The rest were rude & no help whatsoever.

Only Production model version Yaris' / Vitz'szz in GT6 , & only 2 premiums out of a dozen cars. as you would expect.

Nothing. I don't like your combo choice. Now let's respectively disagree.
200.gif

to answer your sincere question, No.

no one offered up a "more track inspired performance Vitz" as an option for my prize, because there isn't one in GT6. :drool:
Of the people who I asked for help with testing, Only @src_ej6 actually drove the combo and gave it a chance. The rest were rude & no help whatsoever.

Only Production model version Yaris' / Vitz'szz in GT6 , & only 2 premiums out of a dozen cars. as you would expect.

That's what is really unfortunate then. Because the track inspired vitz looks amazing. And it's not in the game :(

Feel like I came at the wrong time to make an off-topic post. :indiff:

Just wanted to stop by to say that my first amateur kart race begins at 7 PM Central tonight. The Gateway Motorsport Kartplex brought back the iDrive series for the fall and I'm going to use it as an opportunity to get my foot in the door with local racing. I've never driven the track before and have no experience with their karts. It'll be a mess, but it'll be a fun mess. Shaking badly from fear and excitement as I type this so I know I'm going to have a blast. If I keep with the series I might just need a SNAIL sticker so I can show everyone where my insane skillz (yes, with a "z") come from.

Like always, can't wait to race with you guys in GT Sport when it comes out this fall. :gtpflag:

You seem like the type that would be a lot of fun at a party.

Mike won the right to pick whatever combo he wants. His pick by no means needs to cater to what you gauge as fun, and reading through your constant criticisms of combos is a total buzz kill.

Maybe if you spent less time posting on the forums and more time behind the wheel, you'd give yourself a better shot at winning prize A so you can pick what you want 💡

That's just penguin reverting to his old self! he use to complain about every combo, in his mind the car has to be a premium car between 500-600 that's never be used that shoots rainbow coloured butt monkeys out of the exhaust! Then he can't figure out why so many people dislike him on here.

Ah the days when people just wrote "shut up penguin"

Thank you for the post and enjoy all the car pictures, something to look at, don't get that many car posts here on the forum.
i knew someone would like them. People should post more of that, cars can be very beautiful, or totally bad ass

I am a car picture hoarder. I probably add 20 screen shots of car-racing related images daily to my phone.

Doesn't take much to please me anymore, I can pick out things I like from most car shots.

upload_2016-8-4_11-6-46.png

Excuse the profanity, but damn. It's only Wednesday and people are sounding like an exhausted 5 year old that spent the day at a hot zoo sniffing monkey poo.

Cool story bro, nobody cares if you don't like the combo. Show up and race or don't. No need to nitpick every ones combo's every week every time every day every hour.

Last edited:
Today will be our 15th straight day of at least 100° F / 37.7C. The high during this time has been 112 / 44.4. Tomorrow is supposed to break the streak.

View attachment 572733

Excuse the profanity, but damn. It's only Wednesday and people are sounding like an exhausted 5 year old that spent the day at a hot zoo sniffing monkey poo.

Cool story bro, nobody cares if you don't like the combo. Show up and race or don't. No need to nitpick every ones combo's every week every time every day every hour.
First off the topic has been ended and now you're the one beating a dead horse.

Secondly, I don't criticize nearly as much as I used to so let that go.

Have a nice day Mike

In place of it there are some 90's Toyota rally cars.

That's my favorite song!

First, I'm up for the Vitz, so I don't want to beat any deceased equines.. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I really like the variety we have here and think it's a great choice of track and car. I didn't like Mini or the Midnight Merc either, but I won races with both of them surprisingly.

Anyway - Mike: You had me at Toyota. :)

And now to my point. Rally Cars. I'm a big fan of Rally cars, especially Toyotas. I noticed that we don't really seem to do Rally with this group, at least as far as the dirt/snow tracks. How do you guys feel about those, do they beat up wheels too much with all the bumping, or is the group just not into that. And I understand that real rallies are run car by car against the clock, but it would be fun to have a snow race as a group. Delicate driving would be a must.

Yup, Franco is a great character. The actual quote is: 'The first rule of Italian driving - what is behind me, is not important!'

Then there's this one...

And the best part: Emergency plan Alpha

Love this flick!
Why you no mention the Mad Hungarian. Best scene ever. Finishes the race slapping at a stuck throttle and flies off the pier. Come on man. Where is your head at?

Last edited:
Same thing goes for rain races. Physics feel a bit weird anyways in the rain, I think Pcars did a much better job.
Actually the SNAIL rules specifically say that the track will be run at default settings. Trust me I wish we could do time shift races. Finishing a race at sun set around le sarthe is my favorite thing to do... Especially in an LMP :)

What's the reasoning behind not having time change again? Not so much blinding sunsets as much as mid-afternoon to late-afternoon when the shadows get really long. I like discussing the "how" of things. How did you come up with the rules to restrict time change?

What's the reasoning behind not having time change again? Not so much blinding sunsets as much as mid-afternoon to late-afternoon when the shadows get really long. I like discussing the "how" of things. How did you come up with the rules to restrict time change?
My assumption would be due to keeping the rooms equal across the field. Back in GT5 the way time shift worked was different compared to GT6. Just another remnant that hasn't been updated since the inception of snail.

I was gonna say, because yea no matter how long you sit waiting, the races start at the set time now. Hmm... Rules can be updated right?

Back