• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
This week's banners:

12_Nov_C1.png

12_Nov_C2.png

12_Nov_C3.png

:cheers:

Last edited:
So I wasn't able to race last weekend but I see we are still using the GT3 BMW. So I will ask again because i never received a answer to my question. Do we have to use the M powered GT3 BMW or can I use the PlayStation Access BMW? From what I see they are the same specs and I already have the PlayStation BMW

So I wasn't able to race last weekend but I see we are still using the GT3 BMW. So I will ask again because i never received a answer to my question. Do we have to use the M powered GT3 BMW or can I use the PlayStation Access BMW? From what I see they are the same specs and I already have the PlayStation BMW

I was wondering the same thing myself but then I thought hell its only 450k credits and its not hard to earn them. Everything looked the same on them to me as well, but I went with the one specified. Simply because I don't know if everything is actually the same, IE gearbox, suspension settings and the like.

Typically, you are required to use the specific car listed. Im not on the BoD, but i feel pretty confident in saying you should plan on using M powered GT3. They may look the same on paper, but have different characteristics on track. Further the idea is spec, and the idea of spec is identical cars.

In the past SNAIL has allowed race cars with identical settings to be used just so that we didn't have 12 identical cars on the track. With a full livery editor in place there really isn't a reason to allow any car other than the exact model that was chosen to be used.

In the past SNAIL has allowed race cars with identical settings to be used just so that we didn't have 12 identical cars on the track. With a full livery editor in place there really isn't a reason to allow any car other than the exact model that was chosen to be used.
I can remeber only one race in my time doing that. It was with the Nissan Super GT cars.

I will be hosting a practice room tonight 7:30 Eastern time, cycling combos every 30 minutes. Easiest way to find the room will be searching by track, we will be on one of the three listed for this weeks combinations.

I can remeber only one race in my time doing that. It was with the Nissan Super GT cars.

There have been a few of them over the years. Super GT, Nascar, the Opel and Vauxhall twins, and even some production models that had US and Japan versions have been allowed. Those days are over though. There just are not that many cars in this game coupled with the daily giveaway there really isn't a reason to run anything but the chosen car.

For reference, I already own all the cars that are currently eligible for selection in SNAIL. It's just not that hard to get cars that are under 500K. The rest will take a bit more work.

Ok thanks for the quick input guys I'll just buy the other BMW tonight when I get home. @Tecticles and you're right I'm just being overly cheap like it's my money. I guess that says a lot about my personality lol

Ok thanks for the quick input guys I'll just buy the other BMW tonight when I get home. @Tecticles and you're right I'm just being overly cheap like it's my money. I guess that says a lot about my personality lol

Yea I think I have only purchased 5 cars so far, being pretty cheap myself. There are several I want, but I am hoping to win them from daily or circuit prizes.

Only the BMW M6 GT3 M POWER LIVERY 2016 is to be used... I got mine at a very good price... free

Here are the Official S.N.A.I.L. decals(Thanks to @zer05ive ),GT Planet logo's and a mango decal.There are some logos in here that are OG S.N.A.I.L. as well.Hopefully we will get the up loader soon,others are already using,we are soon to be .Enjoy!

On behalf of the Computer Illiterate, ...... would someone please give sequence instructions as to the "How" we get these on our liveries?
It would be greatly appreciated.

On behalf of the Computer Illiterate, ...... would someone please give sequence instructions as to the "How" we get these on our liveries?
It would be greatly appreciated.
Right now, only a select few have access to the uploader. It will be made available to everyone sometime in the future. Testing of server stability and all that noise. Once it is open to everyone, I'm sure someone will be quick to create a step by step from upload to on car. Someone who has early access may be able to make those steps now. I'm not one of those individuals. I just have a folder full of stuff that I've already made with Illustrator ready to go for when I can upload images.

Here are the Official S.N.A.I.L. decals(Thanks to @zer05ive ),GT Planet logo's and a mango decal.There are some logos in here that are OG S.N.A.I.L. as well.Hopefully we will get the up loader soon,others are already using,we are soon to be .Enjoy!

From what I understand from the in game notification for uploading liveries, the maximum file size is 15kB. I actually like the size limit as it will eliminate a lot of poorly converted files from being used. But... I am finding the SNAIL logo to be a challenge, I have managed to get it down to 16kB so far and the last kilobyte will take a bit more tweaking to achieve.

Data for 10/29 and 11/5 is complete. I dont know how to do those fancy data recaps @Rednose58 and @MajorBlixem do. And this was my first time ever doing data.

PSA: data guys make sure you grab a screenshot of the race results after each race if you dont already. The replay live timing is not the same as GT6. When looking at the live timing at the end of the replays, the "gaps" are only for the car in front. (It might say +2.350 second gap for 5th place, but thats only the gap to 4th, not the leader) so I had to use a calculator and figure out each gap to the leader for every position. :banghead: I wont be making that same mistake again.

Screenshot_2017-11-10-17-30-47-2.png Screenshot_2017-11-10-17-30-37-1.png

Anyone else try to do the 21:00 FIA manufacturers race and send you to Bathurst instead of Autodrome Lago Maggiore? Then the room shut down and everyone was kicked out. That's silly stupid.

EDIT:
I entered the 21:10 time slot and still Bathurst. The whole room decides to stay and then the room implodes with 3 minutes left in qualifying. Great job PD. Odds they get it fixed before the 22:00 slot?

Last edited:
Anyone else try to do the 21:00 FIA manufacturers race and send you to Bathurst instead of Autodrome Lago Maggiore? Then the room shut down and everyone was kicked out. That's silly stupid.

EDIT:
I entered the 21:10 time slot and still Bathurst. The whole room decides to stay and then the room implodes with 3 minutes left in qualifying. Great job PD. Odds they get it fixed before the 22:00 slot?

I would doubt things will be fixed tonight. Possible, but I think they'll need to shut servers down for maintenance. This is all testing for the real thing later , so points are pretty irrelevant at the moment.
Myself and fit got disconnected , Dave and scmed were sent to Bathurst and raw got the proper race. Go figure

On my 3rd attempt at 22:00, Bathurst still loaded. 18 drivers stuck around, but only 6 were in Gr.3 cars, rest were Gr.4. I had poll by 0.35, in 2:10.xxx, but all laps except first were in 2:08's and won by 9 seconds. Pretty lame. Also, the points screen causes an error that shuts down the game.

I really wanted the correct track too. Got down to 1:57.9 with a predicted best of 1:57.2. Oh well.

EDIT:
It counted that race as the Nation's cup, not the Manufacturer's, but I can enter either one now. Ok, I'm going to stop complaining for tonight. :)

I would doubt things will be fixed tonight. Possible, but I think they'll need to shut servers down for maintenance. This is all testing for the real thing later , so points are pretty irrelevant at the moment.
Myself and fit got disconnected , Dave and scmed were sent to Bathurst and raw got the proper race. Go figure
I was practicing for the championship races tonight after being disconnected twice from the Nation's Cup, after I was disconnected both times I was still able to pracice or enter another race, but now I can't enter EITHER, even though I never entered a Manufacturer's cup race :(

Any likelihood of people jumping divisions this week? If I drop down then I probably don’t need to worry about getting the lobby settings saved for host duties.

@TomMang_68

Haha! In truth, it did make me smile because a real kart probably has no more than 110* total steering rotation. Now, in your defense (and I haven't played the game so I don't know for certain) I'm guessing maybe things just aren't quite right with the steering senstivity in the kart? Maybe it is in fact is too sensitive? I don't know, but I can tell you though that a proper race kart is in fact VERY sensitive to steering inputs and they do not require much at all. I can certainly understand the desire to ease up on things in an effort to actually enjoy the game however

I just wanted to update this now that I've had a little more experience lately in sim karts.

I recently just got around to trying out Kart Racing Pro. As the title suggests, it is strictly a kart sim. With regards to the previous points, the minimum rotation that the game allows is 180 degrees. However, in practice (lapping) one would rarely ever use that much. Only when maneuvering (out of the garage, pit road etc.) is that much usage practical. So with that being obviously the most realistic setting I went to work giving it a shot. I was mind-blown. The sensitivity and reactivity of the steering is fantastically accurate to a proper race kart, especially when compared to that "dark side" title. BUT.... not undrivable at all. Sure, it takes some acclimation, but it wasn't a total mess even though I'm using very minimal steering inputs. This post isn't intended to be a plug but it's a shame it is strictly a PC title because @TEX36 would REALLY enjoy it. So anyways, my point is that after dabbling with that I turned on Pcars2 and loaded the same type of kart. Rubbish. Absolute rubbish out of the box. Even though my wheel automatically defaulted to whatever the game sets for each specific car. It seemed to me pcars2 sets it to something more like 220 or so just by eyeballing how far I can turn my wheel and the game continues to react. But in this state the thing is a mess. It's simply not that hard to drive a race kart in real life (not pushing for speed I mean). Now, by expanding the rotation it absolutely became more manageable, albeit not realistic. So I guess my point being that its not so much the minimal rotation that MAY make them difficult (I can only speculate on the GTS model), but more so the physics engine and possibly default setup as well.

Back