◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
My first live concert... The Ramones in Porto- Portugal in 1982... I was 13... What a blast that was 👍👍👍
Just read this:
Tommy Ramone, a co-founder of the seminal punk band the Ramones and the last surviving member of the original group, has died, a business associate said Saturday.

Dave Frey, who works for Ramones Productions and Silent Partner Management, confirmed that he died on Friday. Frey didn't have additional details. Ramone was 65.

@KTR5 , @Wolfatz,
Thanks again for last night, it was fun but a bit lonely at the back. Had a few dices with some trying to get by me. Was pumped for the last race as I have gone well at Monza but three crashes, arggg...was trying to hard.
It was just a bonus to be able to be a part of this night two months in a row!
:cheers:

D2 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 7/6/14

Pole Lap Honors: timing data unavailable
Round 1 (RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 @ Trial Mountain Circuit - Forward): @nmcp1
Round 2 (Jaguar XKR-S'11 @ Tokyo R246 - Forward): @JWalker
Round 3 (Subaru IMPREZA Touring Car @ Red Bull Ring): @JWalker

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @FakeID341 1:27.045
Round 1 Race 2 : @nmcp1 1:26.973

Round 2 Race 1 : @GTP_unleashed 1:50.862
Round 2 Race 2 : @JLBowler 1:50.663

Round 3 Race 1 : @JoeW 1:32.131
Round 3 Race 2 : @JWalker 1:31.937

Total Times/Wins:
Round 1 Race 1 : @nmcp1 10:15.992
Round 1 Race 2 : @JoeW 10:21.374

Round 2 Race 1 : @Gouletzky 11:18.244
Round 2 Race 2 : @JLBowler 11:19.019

Round 3 Race 1 : @JWalker 10:52.550
Round 3 Race 2 : @Gouletzky 10:55.977

Congratulations to @JWalker on the overall night win! 8 drivers reached the podium
with 5 different drivers stompin' the top step.

Thanks to @nmcp1 for the nice layout!

Looking for some advice.
I'm currently using a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel and pedals. Thinking of upgrading to the G27 now that I'm doing online racing. Was wondering what others who have made this upgrade think. Has it helped you to, get better, be in better control, go faster ect?
Thanks.

Looking for some advice.
I'm currently using a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel and pedals. Thinking of upgrading to the G27 now that I'm doing online racing. Was wondering what others who have made this upgrade think. Has it helped you to, get better, be in better control, go faster ect?
Thanks.

Yes. I started GT5 with a DFGT. Shoulda not bothered spending the dough on it and went for the G27 right off. Should you decide to get the G27, go on and get the GTEye brake spring mod as well.

Looking for some advice.
Thanks.
G27 all the way. I actually think this is the best wheel for GT6 even more than the T500. Have a DFGT for use when I travel and it's good but not as good as t500 or g27. Haven't tried the Fanatecs but of what I tried this was the easiest one for me to go fast with. That being said I kept my T500 cause I like the way it feels even though I'm slow with it.

Looking for some advice.
Thanks.
Never had any other wheel, but no complaints on the G27!

Haven't tried the Fanatecs but of what I tried this was the easiest one for me to go fast with.

I now own a CSW with the formula rim and Clubsport V2 pedals, far better than a T500RS I think.

Wish I bought it instead...

Looking for some advice.
Thanks.
I am about to upgrade, I am currently using a OOOOLD Fanatec 911 Carrera wheel, base pedals with rheostat brake. Currently I have to run 30% FF or it drops out completely, my wheel no longer auto calibrates (I have to manually rotate it through the range as the drive motor is very weak.) It feels like the old IronMan Offroad arcade game, basically no resistance or feel except the notchiness of the gear drive.

I will probably go with Fanatec Clubsport wheel/ Clubsport V2 pedals as the pedals seem to be more adjustable despite Fanatec discontinuing their tuning kit. I know there are mods for the G27 pedals but I think I will be happier with the hydraulic dampered brake on the Fanatec stuff, I should be able to alter everything using some old RC stuff (springs and different weight shock oils)

I don't think upgrading wheels will directly make me faster, but the additional resistance and smoothness/precision in steering should help me hit my lines more consistently.

I do think that upgrading my pedals will have a direct effect on lap times, currently the brake pedal feels like sticking my foot in mud, I have resorted to using only my big toe for braking as using my whole foot is like an on/off switch, not sure if its my giant feet or poor linearity in the rheostat. I have to figure braking distance while locked up(obviously slower) as modulation under heavy braking is either not possible or not within my skill set. Basically it just doesn't feel right and I think the 3-4 extra car lengths(over most of the people in practice) in the braking zone are really hampering my ability to improve. I really want more consistent braking, right now I may go wide on one lap, and have to coast 10 meters on the next using the same initial braking point.

@Piler where have you been?

anyone feel like a bit of combo practice? or maybe just some random racing?

Last edited:
The hydraulic damper is only found on the Clubsport V2 pedals, as well as load cell, which is so much better than a potentiometer brake pedal in every way.

The driver's list has been updated once again. Please take note that all division have a higher than usual number of full time drivers. If you are going to be racing this Sunday I highly recommend that you get to your room early. This means much earlier than 3 minutes to race time. If you are a part time driver I highly recommend that you get a friend request in place to the division host directly above you just in case your room overflows.

Just read this:
Tommy Ramone, a co-founder of the seminal punk band the Ramones and the last surviving member of the original group, has died, a business associate said Saturday.

Dave Frey, who works for Ramones Productions and Silent Partner Management, confirmed that he died on Friday. Frey didn't have additional details. Ramone was 65.
Jeeez.. Tommy is dead too? My goodness.
When I saw the Ramones Marky was the drummer and he left months later to return again in the 90's, I believe.

Last edited:
The driver's list has been updated once again. Please take note that all division have a higher than usual number of full time drivers. If you are going to be racing this Sunday I highly recommend that you get to your room early. This means much earlier than 3 minutes to race time. If you are a part time driver I highly recommend that you get a friend request in place to the division host directly above you just in case your room overflows.

Thanks
Just a quick correction my gtp name ends with 13 not 14 ... not sure how important it is so i just figure ill tell you

Latest Posts

Back