◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
Penalties were always off but idk about full damage. It's never been an issue before and there's no need for punishment of stupid moves. It's a chill series designed to learn. There's bound to be mistakes (to be learned from). No need to compound the issue with a pit stop for fixing damage. Light damage should do just fine.

I wish people were excited for Pack Racing as they are for Cat & Mouse. Nothing against C+M, it's just a shame such a great series got brushed under the rug so nonchalantly. I'd love to get it going again but no one seems to show up on Monday nights. And then we tried Friday but that turned into C+M. What other night would be highly active to try Pack Racing again?

Doesn't have to stay the same either, whatever you want to keep it going. The one thing that can't change is using weak boost. We need that to keep the field together over a long race. Any ideas?

... perhaps if the series would consider racing cars other than Zoom Zoom.... may spark more interest... but idea was quickly thrown away without even trying.. Zoom Zoom!

... perhaps if the series would consider racing cars other than Zoom Zoom.... may spark more interest... but idea was quickly thrown away without even trying.. Zoom Zoom!
From what I know, the start of the series saw EXTENSIVE testing with several vehicles. @Nail-27 put a great deal of work into deciding the Miata was the ideal car for low boost racing. So it's not that other cars weren't considered, the research was mostly done up front.

From what I know, the start of the series saw EXTENSIVE testing with several vehicles. @Nail-27 put a great deal of work into deciding the Miata was the ideal car for low boost racing. So it's not that other cars weren't considered, the research was mostly done up front.
And in general cars over 450PP didn't work as well with the boost. I never tried them but they tested and I trust 'em.

And in general cars over 450PP didn't work as well with the boost. I never tried them but they tested and I trust 'em.

simpsonHomer.jpg

Well it wasn't my series to go and make changes. I brought it up and they explained. We were able to get the Toyobaru and Mada Roadster TC out of it so that wasn't too bad.

Penalties were always off but idk about full damage. It's never been an issue before and there's no need for punishment of stupid moves. It's a chill series designed to learn. There's bound to be mistakes (to be learned from). No need to compound the issue with a pit stop for fixing damage. Light damage should do just fine.

You don't pit stop , you sit out and ponder of your mistake so you don't repeat it. Light damage is not a penalty at all. Seeing it's a series with no stewards or repercussions for for such actions there needs to be something to keep things in check. I seem to remember a driver or drivers being kicked out of the series for aggressive careless actions. This is just an immediate response. I've always been a voice for the Sunday races to be full damage to remove careless actions

No, not really. I distinctly recall Nail getting VERY frustrated when the racing got too aggressive. It was NEVER meant to be a chill session.
Ah, never knew that. I knew we could get a bit aggressive sometimes but we usually calmed back down by the end of the night.
The boost helps the racer who backs out of the bad/uncomfortable situation so he or she doesn't lose the pack.
It was also for those who made mistakes on their own to be able to get back to the pack and race with others.

Ah, never knew that. I knew we could get a bit aggressive sometimes but we usually calmed back down by the end of the night.

It was also for those who made mistakes on their own to be able to get back to the pack and race with others.

Not to mention nailz original series was full damage but was switch, more than likely because the over aggressive complained about damage and instead of dealing with the specific cases and possibly losing the few culprits he lessened the damage.
Before I found leagues on gtplanet I actually ran a full damage boost room pretty much every night. Consistently a full room with many regulars, I occasionally got complaints from the dirty racers about the damage. They'd either quit ,shape up , or get the boot. In the end what was left was clean fun races. Only other complaint I got was the boost. I still run clean full damage rooms or when looking for a lobby that's top priority.

Fair enough. Come to think of it, we have light damage on Sunday and you only notice it when you are in an accident like spinning into a wall/barrier, or hitting another car that is slowed due to another accident of its own. Not very common. I think it'd be fine on heavy damage. I'm gonna make an experimental room tomorrow all day/night while I'm around to test other cars besides the Miata but the Miata will be the main car/car we run first on race night. It'd be Two races per track, two tracks a night. Stay at one track while changing car, and then move on.

14054011_846368665493970_7227590781798034208_n.jpg

Spa. It's going to be an exciting weekend...

Fair enough. Come to think of it, we have light damage on Sunday and you only notice it when you are in an accident like spinning into a wall/barrier, or hitting another car that is slowed due to another accident of its own. Not very common. I think it'd be fine on heavy damage. I'm gonna make an experimental room tomorrow all day/night while I'm around to test other cars besides the Miata but the Miata will be the main car/car we run first on race night. It'd be Two races per track, two tracks a night. Stay at one track while changing car, and then move on.
Not to drone on, but if you're considering alternate cars, I think the '77 Celica is a nice option. It's a fun, stable little car that anyone can drive - not unlike the Miatas. Also maybe Toyota GT 2000s.

Interesting bit of information: Friday nights have generally been a good place to find decent, well mannered, open lobbies on Project Cars. Tonight there seemed to be about half as many lobbies, and lobbies were about half as full. Seems the Europeans are busy with Assetto Corsa this weekend.
Friday nights are also generally a good night for happy hour. I think we should swing the focus back to Mondays and Tuesday nights. Also Fridays most people are focusing on the combos..

Last edited:
Interesting bit of information: Friday nights have generally been a good place to find decent, well mannered, open lobbies on Project Cars. Tonight there seemed to be about half as many lobbies, and lobbies were about half as full. Seems the Europeans are busy with Assetto Corsa this weekend.

View attachment 580147

Spa. It's going to be an exciting weekend...

Not to drone on, but if you're considering alternate cars, I think the '77 Celica is a nice option. It's a fun, stable little car that anyone can drive - not unlike the Miatas. Also maybe Toyota GT 2000s.

Friday nights are also generally a good night for happy hour. I think we should swing the focus back to Mondays and Tuesday nights. Also Fridays most people are focusing on the combos..
You and your Celicas hahaha

Ok, I get it. I'll quit being 'that guy' and posting random and unrelated posts. It's OK, I know I've been pretty loose about things.View attachment 579818 View attachment 579819

Just one more though....

Tonight I stand as a man in with a choice to make. On yesterday's Criaigslist, IT was there. IT is a '70s era Celica in beautiful condition. 1976 GT to be specific. The color is perfect. The car is perfect. The wheels are perfect. It's gorgeous. It's a freaking Toyota. I have seen it a few times in town and each time drooled over it from afar, wishing that I could have it. Now... I could. The dilema? I want it. But I don't need it. I've been seriously considering an AWD Rav4 hybrid for months. Which is practical. But now I have been truly tempted by the passion fruit. Oh, what to do...

I am in love with that car!

Outside of GT3 cars what do you see a lot of?

IMSA Race Weekend at Virginia Intl Raceway. Continental Race right now and Porsche GT3 Cup after. Then dinner. I guess I didn't mean all day/night heh. I'll be on tonight to beat around if you wanna join.

Outside of GT3 cars what do you see a lot of?
See a lot of? No. Mostly GT3 on PCars open lobbies.

I usually find something different though. Group A, Group 4, Indy. If there's nothing but GT3 I'll join for one or two races. Usually there's a group of regulars that get together and we try to race different cars. Trans Am has been fun lately. We'll also bust out the classic Lotus race cars every now and then... The type 40 Ford... Oh that's a handful! But, like I said, some of those regulars have now gone to the even darker side. Too many sims, too few clean drivers.

Cat&Mouse Frenzy 8/26

Cats with a 15 second start delay at the start/finish line

Nürburgring 24h by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Shortcutting usually helps... but not through the potty litter ...
Nürburgring 24h_1 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

@Die_Birdy_Die Delivers a good offensive punch @racingchamp30
Nürburgring 24h_2 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

@SAMHAIN85 making @racingchamp30 Jump
Nürburgring 24h_4 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

@Xradkins and @ Schmed breaking the Red Perfect Front
Nürburgring 24h_3 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Blue Team trying to escape away... But Cats giving quick chase
Nürburgring 24h_5 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

@Schmed breaks the Red Dominance again closer to finish line
Nürburgring 24h_6 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

But red team found a way to come on top. Relatively close race at the end.
Nürburgring 24h_7 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

While @Thorva finds a way to get fired from the WildCat position coming in last
Nürburgring 24h_8 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Back