◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,929 comments
Ok, sweet, got the friend request. What time will the practice session be tomorrow night?

Wednesday practices, Diabolic Fridays, and Sunday league nights all start at the same time (10pm EST / 9pm CST) and last for about two hours.

How many miles/kilometers counts as "breaking in" a car?

I believe it's generally accepted that 200 miles breaks in a car.

I run the B-Spec 300 mile race to break in my cars. Start it and forget about for a few hours. Doesn't matter about the result, so no need to babysit :)

EDIT: now I'm getting ninja'd by Saga :lol:

leadbedr
Have you every noticed the increase?
Like how many performance points?
Is there a percentage it goes up?

The horsepower and pp go up most if the time it seems random some cars are different but I think generally it's a 5% boost

It's been almost two days since I posed the question about tire selection, so I suppose everyone who wants to chime in about it has done so by now. Here's a summary of the responses:

Sure let's try a different tire.

I think it depends on the car as to what tires are used.

Last nights race with the 458 on sport softs, which is what i think you are trying to get to, would've been a disaster, at least in Div 2. People were having a hard enough time of racing softs.

It may be to difficult to to implement something that uses the PP level to what tire is used.
ie. 325-400 comfort soft
401-500 sport soft
501- 550 racing hard
550 - racing soft

I would vote that we mix it up with the tires instead of stepping it down across the board. There are many cars in the 450pp range that are a pleasure to drive with Sports tires, but I think even Racing Hards on the 458 would be a handful. You could split it up by PP maybe. Or let the person choosing the car choose tires as well. Within reason of course. Nobody wants to run a Yellowbird on Comfort Hards. :)

I like the performance points to decide the tire. I think the Jaguar would have been much more fun on Sport Soft tires.

Yeah I'm down for RMs.

I like leadbedr's idea of staggering the choices...the higher the pp the more grip that's made available via tire choice

I'm with the pp range being the factor that decides what tires we run.

Basing tire selection on pp sounds like the way to go. Simple to implement and easy to understand :)

It looks like leadbedr's idea of basing the tire selection on the PP of the car is the overwhelming consensus, so let's give it a shot. I'd like to implement this new policy starting with tonight's practice races. That way, we can have experience on these new tires before Sunday's league races. That being said, I'm open to tweaking leadbedr's recommended PP ranges and corresponding tire selection. For example, I noticed that he didn't include Racing Mediums, Sports Mediums, or Sports Hards in his chart. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding that? I kinda feel that if we're going to go all the way down to Comfort Softs for the low-powered cars and all the way up to Racing Softs for the high-powered cars, we might as well include all of the other tires in between for all of the other PP ranges in between. Also, I think going all the way down to Comfort tires might be too big of a jump for us right now. We claim to be a beginner-friendly league after all. Thoughts? Maybe something like this?

300-350 - Sports Hards
351-400 - Sports Mediums
401-450 - Sports Softs
451-500 - Racing Hards
501-550 - Racing Mediums
551 & up - Racing Softs

Last edited:
I'd like to implement this new policy starting with tonight's practice races. That way, we can have experience on these new tires before Sunday's league races. That being said, I'm open to tweaking leadbedr's recommended PP ranges and corresponding tire selection. For example, I noticed that he didn't include Racing Mediums, Sports Mediums, or Sports Hards in his chart. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding that? I kinda feel that if we're going to go all the way down to Comfort Softs for the low-powered cars and all the way up to Racing Softs for the high-powered cars, we might as well include all of the other tires in between for all of the other PP ranges in between. Also, I think going all the way down to Comfort tires might be too big of a jump. We're a beginner-friendly league after all. Thoughts? Maybe something like this?

300-350 - Sports Hards
351-400 - Sports Mediums
401-450 - Sport Softs
451-500 - Racing Hards
501-550 - Racing Mediums
551 & up - Racing Softs

This is a great start, we may find we're moving the numbers around but that's half the fun :)

I think we'll end up finding exceptions to the PP rules, cars that don't do so well on a certain set of tires. Live and learn, it'll be the same for everyone!

Tonight's practice session will implement the new tire formula zero posted. Will be picking from the recommended list. Our first hour will be Sunday's line up and after that, we will just be racing with the winner picking the car while we vote for the track. The room will be limited to 12 ppl. I'll post the room number about 10 minutes before 9pm cst

dang it, I better get that 'vette then when I get home :lol:

oh, and I had a look at my RX7 (some may remember that last Wednesday I couldn't use it since it said it had been tuned)....the only thing I can think of is that I changed the downforce which you get as standard on the car (since there is no wings added, I can only assume you get adjustments stock). I changed it back to the minimum so hopefully that sorts it out :)

tezgm99
dang it, I better get that 'vette then when I get home :lol:

oh, and I had a look at my RX7 (some may remember that last Wednesday I couldn't use it since it said it had been tuned)....the only thing I can think of is that I changed the downforce which you get as standard on the car (since there is no wings added, I can only assume you get adjustments stock). I changed it back to the minimum so hopefully that sorts it out :)

you have something on the body of it most likely sideskirts extensions check all that in gt auto, that zr 1 from what I remember is surprisingly composed

you have something on the body of it most likely sideskirts extensions check all that in gt auto, that zr 1 from what I remember is surprisingly composed

nope, I checked all that....there are no aero devices on it whatsoever. The d/f level is the only thing left that I could think of why it wasn't letting me in :boggled:

nope, I checked all that....there are no aero devices on it whatsoever. The d/f level is the only thing left that I could think of why it wasn't letting me in :boggled:

When you adjust your downforce, you are 'tuning' your downforce. Therefore, you won't be allowed on the track for a tuning-prohibited race. Nothing can be done to your car except oil changes, rims, and paint.

Tonight's practice session will implement the new tire formula zero posted. Will be picking from the recommended list. Our first hour will be Sunday's line up and after that, we will just be racing with the winner picking the car while we vote for the track. The room will be limited to 12 ppl. I'll post the room number about 10 minutes before 9pm cst

Is this a first come first serve occasion? maybe we can start two rooms if we have enough for a second. even two or three would make it worth it so everyone has the same chance to practice onlline. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Is this a first come first serve occasion? maybe we can start two rooms if we have enough for a second. even two or three would make it worth it so everyone has the same chance to practice onlline. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Thats a good idea

The level of participation in non-league nights (Wednesdays and Fridays) is always less than the level of participation in league nights (Sundays). If any snails can't join the room because it's full, we'll just boot one of the non-snails to make room. 👍

If we ever get to the point where there are too many snails who want to race on Wednesdays and/or Fridays for one room to handle, then we'll implement a plan to deal with that.

Gotcha Zer0.
Saga, how is that wheel? I've been throwing around ideas on getting a new wheel and building a new "station". Are you switching from controller to wheel?

Rallywagon
Gotcha Zer0.
Saga, how is that wheel? I've been throwing around ideas on getting a new wheel and building a new "station". Are you switching from controller to wheel?

Yea I went from controller to wheel. So far I like it. But like I said today is my 2nd day with it.

Some 2x4's make a great stand. I had a better set up with the seat out of my 85 rx7 using a desk I cut down 6". but it was to big to put in my little place, so I cut it up, used the base and made a stand using the base and putting a few 2x4's together, made the top for the wheel. works wonders.

Saga. Once you get comfortable with the wheel, you wont be able to race with a controller again. its great! So much more control, especially with the brake and accelerator. Try turning a car with no abs on a controller, not happening. but, 2 or 3 up front, 1 in the rear, brakes with no abs. Just gotta work on that foot action.

Back