◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
I'm getting mostly mid 27 seconds at GT Arena. My best was a 27.017 on RH tires...and where is everybody?
TomMang_68, you get that car off that track or you will get one of these MR.

Attachments

• Triton_KH.png
    Triton_KH.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 8
Attention prize winners: @kickenit4evr @aLmk @gtr3123

Prize A has until 10:30 ET tonight to make their selection or it will open up a suggestion and voting process.

Prize B has until 10:30 ET tonight to make their choice of using or passing the freeze. If no decision is posted by that time, the freeze will automatically go to the Prize C winner.

Deadline time is here.

@gtr3123 has prize C as explained in the quoted post from earlier. Due to the fact that we have to get this process moving, you have until 2:00 AM ET 10:00 PM PT to freeze either the car or the track. Yes, that's 2 1/2 hours from this posting.

Assuming that the freeze is handled, @aLmk will have until noon ET Thursday to make a pick.

If these items are not taken care of by the times listed here, there will be a very short voting process to determine the last combo before official practice.

Deadline time is here.

@gtr3123 has prize C as explained in the quoted post from earlier. Due to the fact that we have to get this process moving, you have until 2:00 AM ET 10:00 PM PT to freeze either the car or the track. Yes, that's 2 1/2 hours from this posting.

Assuming that the freeze is handled, @aLmk will have until noon ET Thursday to make a pick.

If these items are not taken care of by the times listed here, there will be a very short voting process to determine the last combo before official practice.
Sorry I've been at work all day, just got home. I want to pass the freeze to Price C winner.

Sorry I've been at work all day, just got home. I want to pass the freeze to Price C winner.

I had heard that was your intent earlier today.

Please follow the thread as closely as you can leading up to practice time tomorrow. There could be some voting and some quick decisions that you will have to make in a relatively small window. If I were you, I would start testing cars on Silverstone and tracks for the Toyota and have two picks ready to go. If you have to head to work tomorrow before we know which way you can PM me a car and a track to go with whatever gets frozen.

If that didn't make sense, start a conversation with me and we'll get it straight.

Last edited:
Pics will be up late tonight for the new combo.

Oh please somebody pick a car that turns. I can't frickin take it anymore.

What's wrong with the FTO? It feels pretty good atound Rome. There is a bit of throttle understeer, but it's more managable than the Subaru was.

Sorry everyone, i'm cranky and tired right now and I need some sleep. Freeze Silverstone please thank you, everyone have a goodnight and thanks for the good jobs on the Sunday that just passed :gtpflag::) ZZzZzzzzzzZZZzZzzz

After talking about it, I had to make it yesterday. I did two batches. The first I left the bacon flexible and we ate it while it was still hot. I cooked the other batch longer until the bacon was nice and crispy. Doing it that may makes for a "bacon chip" as the coating and the bacon is nice and crispy. Just break it up in to bite sized pieces and use some white gravy for dipping sauce.
I like bacon and all, but what makes this post so awesome is the nonchalant use some white gravy for dipping sauce. Boss move; color me impressed.

Sorry everyone, i'm cranky and tired right now and I need some sleep. Freeze Silverstone please thank you, everyone have a goodnight and thanks for the good jobs on the Sunday that just passed :gtpflag::) ZZzZzzzzzzZZZzZzzz

Thank you very much.

I like bacon and all, but what makes this post so awesome is the nonchalant use some white gravy for dipping sauce. Boss move; color me impressed.

And that is made from scratch white gravy. Ingredients are bacon grease, flour, milk, salt, and pepper to taste. Yes, we save our bacon grease in an old jar around here.

Okay Snails, it's that time again! One of you is going to win a GranStand wheel stand in a few days! :D

Based on the rules of the contest, here are the finalists for the GranStand Challenge IV as well as how many picks each finalist has earned:

@jnmjeeper ------ 5 picks
@SHOCKY_WELL ---- 5 picks
@USERID_77a23 --- 5 picks
@STEAMER62 ------ 5 picks
@llNOVAll ------- 5 picks
@TomMang_68 ----- 5 picks
@MajorBlixem ---- 4 picks
@GTP_Nobby ------ 4 picks
@CoachMK21 ------ 4 picks
@gtr3123 -------- 4 picks
@JLBowler ------- 4 picks
@socalnatv ------ 4 picks
@Engmatic1 ------ 3 picks
@racingchamp30 -- 3 picks
@serge19 -------- 3 picks
@Rob Brown ------ 3 picks
@syntorz -------- 3 picks
@Grandpa Money -- 3 picks
@vsfit ---------- 3 picks
@chatva --------- 2 picks
@Hellbringer69 -- 2 picks
@goofytyler ----- 2 picks
@canuckleheadII - 2 picks
@SGETI ---------- 2 picks
@cmbeal317 ------ 2 picks
@Handlebar ------ 2 picks
@Tangled_Up ----- 2 picks
@TBongX --------- 2 picks
@ConnorWolf ----- 1 pick
@IceManFan_7 ---- 1 pick
@intoflatlines -- 1 pick
@nmcp1 ---------- 1 pick
@Jamilla -------- 1 pick
@PTslopoke ------ 1 pick
Team SNAIL ------ 1 pick

The number of picks that each finalist earned is based on the number of GranStand points they earned. The winning number will be determined by the average speed (mph) of the winner of the Daytona 500 on Sunday:

Simply put, the very last two digits of the winner's average speed will be the winning number and the finalist who picked the same number will be declared the winner. For example, if the if the winner's average speed was 145.290 mph, then the finalist who picked 90 would be the winner.

All finalists will be receiving a PM from me tomorrow morning. It will include detailed instructions as well as the terms and conditions for participating in the contest. You will be required to post your picks here on this thread, but don't do anything until you read my PM first.

Good luck to all of you!! :cheers:

Last edited:
I have a G-27 wheel.
Tonight I raced about 5 races and suddenly I got an unexpected looseness, up and down!
It's always had about an eighth of play all around but now the up and down doubled!

I ask have anyone had this happen and can I just change the head bearing?

Hate to buy a new or used G-27 ahead of GT-7.

I have a G-27 wheel.
Tonight I raced about 5 races and suddenly I got an unexpected looseness, up and down!
It's always had about an eighth of play all around but now the up and down doubled!

I ask have anyone had this happen and can I just change the head bearing?

Hate to buy a new or used G-27 ahead of GT-7.

Before you do anything, call Logitech. I got an email the other day that they had bumped their warranty out to three years. I don't know if that helps you or not but a free replacement would be the way to go. If it's out of warranty, their customer service might be able to help you repair it. If you're not going to go PC racing, there doesn't appear to be a reason to buy another G27.

If your G27 is toast, you need to start saving your pennies for a T300. Save those G27 pedals and buy an adapter to use with the T300 wheel.

What's wrong with the FTO? It feels pretty good atound Rome. There is a bit of throttle understeer, but it's more managable than the Subaru was.

A bit? :) Without going into a mindless rant about how a "race car" doesn't want to turn under several scenario's on racing tires.... it just "feels" extremely numb. I mean extremely numb, even with sensitivity cranked to maximum. It's just my opinion that a car like this shouldn't drive like this. It just seems kind of absurd. OK, I'm done now. Hehe.

PCARS got pushed to April :/

Boooo...

Back