◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,793 comments
"nor collect or store personal data about other users." Erm, like age and location data?:odd:

That is purely optional and the collection is not done on this site. Yeah, splittin' a hair or two there but whatever. I've thought about your suggestion of having an "organizational" GTP Account but have as yet not asked the PTB's at GTP if it's ok to do. There are some other considerations involved with "moving" traffic from this thread to another but that's above my pay grade. Be that as it may, your suggestion has been tossed around some in the past, behind the scenes so to speak, and didn't gain much traction.

Last edited:
jimi_hendrix_quote-31052.png
vroom vroom,

Just thought i'd post some pictures of last night's practice hosted by @pubason :cheers: including @JamCar0ne :bowdown: pace setter for the night, ''jam master'' sinna aka @STEAMER62 :gtpflag: austrian ''buffalo soldier'' and myself the ever ''orange mango''

Enjoy and as always @TomMang_68 I'm open to criticism :banghead: lol

10945376_817978378273739_3371021082350557058_n.jpg
11021146_817975688274008_6044411460742398677_n.jpg
11025785_817978374940406_4521965390735323136_n.jpg
11037347_817976944940549_9219492779840981754_n.jpg
11038740_817978371607073_3093124184734958882_n.jpg
11046600_817976041607306_8347728500020340791_n.jpg
11054470_817976938273883_3930442391878533219_n.jpg
ft1.jpg
shelby1.jpg
shelby2.jpg

Bathurst Test - Next Week Friday March 13 at 10 PM EDT

You can still sign up. We need more reserve drivers to ensure we will have a full room. If we fill the room, the remaining drivers can open a second room and run a test in parallel. See Banner for details.

banner.png

Thanks, It is not only enjoyable to drive but also a fun piece of design to photograph. Took so many good angled shots but didn't want to slow down the thread for others so just picked random ones.

I wholeheartedly second that. This one was amazing, @Engmatic1! The one of the detail on the brakes of the Ft-1 was also stunning.
I must be in an entirely different world. I couldn't disagree more. Lol. Maybe with no "boost button", maybe... I just have issues with "fake" cars.

I must be in an entirely different world. I couldn't disagree more. Lol. Maybe with no "boost button", maybe... I just have issues with "fake" cars.

Not a different world, just a different view. And thank the heavens for that. If it wasn't the case, life would suck, because everyone would have the same opinion about everything.

That being said, I'm not a great fan of driving the VGT cars, but the pictures are great shots, opinion on what it felt like for the driver were not considered.

Not a different world, just a different view. And thank the heavens for that. If it wasn't the case, life would suck, because everyone would have the same opinion about everything.

That being said, I'm not a great fan of driving the VGT cars, but the pictures are great shots, opinion on what it felt like for the driver were not considered.
I do agree on the photos. It does take good shots. Lol

Point taken . I can see you are a purist @FloptaStr8 :bowdown: . I understand where you are coming from in regards to 'Fake' cars. I for one don't mind any car as long as it catches my imagination not just from a driving point of view but also from an aesthetic one.

Point taken . I can see you are a purist @FloptaStr8 :bowdown: . I understand where you are coming from in regards to 'Fake' cars. I for one don't mind any car as long as it catches my imagination not just from a driving point of view but also from an aesthetic one.
Lol, just playin but, they are ALL fake cars - its a game!! Hahaha...:P

Imo i enjoy both, the fantasy cars definitely dont hold my interest as long as something real that can be seen, touched, driven(?) In reality...

Bathurst Test - Next Week Friday March 13 at 10 PM EDT

You can still sign up. We need more reserve drivers to ensure we will have a full room. If we fill the room, the remaining drivers can open a second room and run a test in parallel. See Banner for details.

View attachment 323585

Sorry.. what exactly are these "SNAIL tests"? Are they for testing out various potential combos for the future, or something different?

Also, sorry I missed the practice last night. I was at a live Duncan Trussel Family Hour recording

Sorry.. what exactly are these "SNAIL tests"? Are they for testing out various potential combos for the future, or something different?

Also, sorry I missed the practice last night. I was at a live Duncan Trussel Family Hour recording
The bathurst test are to see if the glitches on bathurst are fixed or not so that we can start using bathurst in snail!

The bathurst test are to see if the glitches on bathurst are fixed or not so that we can start using bathurst in snail!

Ah interesting! Well seeing as I clearly didn't even realize there were bugs on that track.. I should probably stay out of your guys' way for the test :P

Are there any more practice races scheduled prior to Sunday?

If the Toyota was a little bit more free on exit I'd probably enjoy it a bit more. Most if these VGT cars need a slight tune, but so do most of the race and touring cars we race. That's just me though.

Ah interesting! Well seeing as I clearly didn't even realize there were bugs on that track.. I should probably stay out of your guys' way for the test :P

Are there any more practice races scheduled prior to Sunday?
I've never had a problem with bathurst either but If your after racing go for it it's still racing and saturday is the endro series talk to @cmbeal317 if you want to get in on it!

If the Toyota was a little bit more free on exit I'd probably enjoy it a bit more. Most if these VGT cars need a slight tune, but so do most of the race and touring cars we race. That's just me though.
I think that's just down to the fact of weight and lack thereof. If it was heavier there would be more momentum moving around.

I've found most of them understeer like pigs without a tune. That's my main gripe with the VGTs

I've never had a problem with bathurst either but If your after racing go for it it's still racing and saturday is the endro series talk to @cmbeal317 if you want to get in on it!

I may just take this week to practice for the Sunday events instead.. since I'm really nervous about running my first races with you guys. I like to think I'm pretty decent behind the wheel, but my worst fear is always ruining someone's race. Add that to the "new guy" jitters.. I just want to be well prepared for this. IDK as of now I've got no clue where I stack up.. I guess the divisional placement will speak to that whenever it comes

I've found most of them understeer like pigs without a tune. That's my main gripe with the VGTs

I may just take this week to practice for the Sunday events instead.. since I'm really nervous about running my first races with you guys. I like to think I'm pretty decent behind the wheel, but my worst fear is always ruining someone's race. Add that to the "new guy" jitters.. I just want to be well prepared for this. IDK as of now I've got no clue where I stack up.. I guess the divisional placement will speak to that whenever it comes
Well in that case there is usually a practice room open somewhere! (check the snail lobby)

We should seriously use the BMW VGT more often. It's basically a race car. Front and rear downforce, 1180 kg, 540 hp (569 after oil change). Stock it uses a race suspension and racing brakes and has an LSD. Stock downforce is 350 front/730 rear. That's crazy good. All the data says it's a racing beast. The sound has a bit too much "air noise" but it's grunt can be heard.

We should seriously use the BMW VGT more often. It's basically a race car. Front and rear downforce, 1180 kg, 540 hp (569 after oil change). Stock it uses a race suspension and racing brakes and has an LSD. Stock downforce is 350 front/730 rear. That's crazy good. All the data says it's a racing beast. The sound has a bit too much "air noise" but it's grunt can be heard.
So win the night and you get to pick it!

Back