◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Do you spend so much time browsing SNAIL threads that your phone is constantly running out of battery life? Do you ever find yourself looking for a power outlet so charge your dead phone? If so, please keep reading! Up for auction is a brand new and sealed Targus smartphone backup battery:
B.JPG

This auction has no minimum bid and no reserve price!

Proper Bidding Etiquette
If you want to place the first bid, please reply to this post and clearly state how many $hells you are bidding and what you are bidding on. :)

If you want to outbid someone else, please reply to the post that you are outbidding and clearly state how many $hells you are bidding and what you are bidding on. 👍

IMPORTANT: Do not bid more $hells than the number of $hells you currently own.

How To Win
Once someone's bid lasts for 24 hours without being outbid by somebody else, the auction will close and the highest bidder will be declared the winner!

HAPPY BIDDING AND GOOD LUCK!! :dopey:

Last edited:
I've gotten used to racing with the map off since I use bumper cam and have the rearview to glance up at. But does anyone turn the driver list off? For longer racing series you can't because it tells you when people are pitting which is integral but for Sunday night. The only position that you need to be aware of is your own and if you want to see who you were battling with you can watch the replay. I also turn names off so cars and racing looks more realistic.

How do you race?

@Rednose58 Possible banners? I don't know if people like my shots, don't usually get comments about them. I think part of the problem is my TV is really old and my monitor is really cheap, so the black levels go all weird from one to the other. I tried to leave negative space for text and cropping but I don't know how the background colors will work.

@Wolfsatz @Mike Lobban
ZOiFet1.jpg

Sometimes a little slide can be pretty quick (or at least pretty)
z2N6i6O.jpg

@Wolfsatz @MajorBlixem and some others close behind
http://imgur.com/IPDEtAI

different angle
http://i.imgur.com/tISNIfI.jpg

@Grandpa Money @kickenit4evr
LLlUWgz.jpg

And I had to get this one just because (I think we know how I feel about quick drifts)
http://i.imgur.com/h9CNcAP.jpg

I've gotten used to racing with the map off since I use bumper cam and have the rearview to glance up at. But does anyone turn the driver list off? For longer racing series you can't because it tells you when people are pitting which is integral but for Sunday night. The only position that you need to be aware of is your own and if you want to see who you were battling with you can watch the replay. I also turn names off so cars and racing looks more realistic.

How do you race?

I used to turn the list off until I realized I didn't know who to apologize to. :) I keep it on full time now, but I always try to remember to turn names off. Names above cars are very distracting to me. They tend to hide marks, especially when in a close group. I actually tried cockpit view a little on Monday during the Miata racing. I was surprised that I didn't have much difficulty finding pace but I was less comfortable racing as it seems everybody is closer for some reason. It was definitely more intense and I really likes being able to see "my" wheel. Another reason I should get off the stick....

Last edited:
@Rednose58 Possible banners? I don't know if people like my shots, don't usually get comments about them. I think part of the problem is my TV is really old and my monitor is really cheap, so the black levels go all weird from one to the other. I tried to leave negative space for text and cropping but I don't know how the background colors will work.

Those are great shots... and those on the links are excellent!

Do you spend so much time browsing SNAIL threads that your phone is constantly running out of battery life? Do you ever find yourself looking for a power outlet so charge your dead phone? If so, please keep reading! Up for auction is a brand new and sealed Targus smartphone backup battery:
B.JPG

Proper Bidding Etiquette
If you want to place the first bid, please reply to this post and clearly state how many $hells you are bidding. :)

If you want to outbid someone else, please reply to the post that you are outbidding and clearly state how many $hells you are bidding. 👍

How To Win
Once someone's bid lasts for 24 hours without being outbid by somebody else, the auction will close and the highest bidder will be declared the winner. I will then ship the lucky SNAIL his brand new game!

Let's get this started. I bid 10 $hells.

B.JPG

Proper Bidding Etiquette
If you want to place the first bid, please reply to this post and clearly state how many $hells you are bidding. :)

If you want to outbid someone else, please reply to the post that you are outbidding and clearly state how many $hells you are bidding. 👍

How To Win
Once someone's bid lasts for 24 hours without being outbid by somebody else, the auction will close and the highest bidder will be declared the winner. I will then ship the lucky SNAIL his brand new game!

I'm curious, how did a Targus Backup Battery become a brand new game?

Let's get this started. I bid 10 $hells.
I bid 11 $hells.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/mercedes-benz-190-e-evolution-ii-2015-03-11

It turns 25 this year. And it's in GT6. But it's slightly over the million cap. Can we make an exception? ;)

Also, in the article, it says this:

"Just two years after this base model launched, the 190 E 2.3-16 arrived on the scene, with 185bhp and motorsport genes. When the new Nürburgring opened in 1984, Mercedes fielded 20 identical 190 E 2.3s for a 12-lap, christening race.

People like Jack Brabham, John Surtees, Alan Jones, James Hunt, Niki Lauda, Alain Prost and Keke Rosberg all lined up on the grid. And Ayrton Senna. Who, after a tight race, whupped them all."

Is there any footage of this? And hahaha and Senna beating all of them.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/mercedes-benz-190-e-evolution-ii-2015-03-11

It turns 25 this year. And it's in GT6. But it's slightly over the million cap. Can we make an exception? ;)

Also, in the article, it says this:

"Just two years after this base model launched, the 190 E 2.3-16 arrived on the scene, with 185bhp and motorsport genes. When the new Nürburgring opened in 1984, Mercedes fielded 20 identical 190 E 2.3s for a 12-lap, christening race.

People like Jack Brabham, John Surtees, Alan Jones, James Hunt, Niki Lauda, Alain Prost and Keke Rosberg all lined up on the grid. And Ayrton Senna. Who, after a tight race, whupped them all."

Is there any footage of this? And hahaha and Senna beating all of them.
That sounds like a real fun combo!

Sounds like something to do after practice tonight?

Totally agree that car should be allowed even tho its over a million.

Last edited:
Back