★☆★ S.T.a.R. Racing League | S.pec, T.uners, & R.acecars! | ☆★☆ Grid spots OPENOpen 

• Thread starter Luv2Coach
  • 2,301 comments
Suspension tuning is a gimme on GT6. I just lower the car, soften the springs and turn up the dampers and bars, NO CAMBER with this rigid setup. There's a few more details per driver preference. I also turn up the torque LSD for faster exits.

Sorry I couldn't make it last week. How did it go was Coach on? I had an opportunity to have the whole family spend the weekend together :sly:. I miss us all being together :(. Are we going to do the same set-up this Sunday? I should be home and able to race this week. I agree with @DesertPenguin09 Spec/Tuned/Racecar races is what S.T.a.R. is all about, it's what drew me in. Maybe @USERID_77a23 can work it into the room title? That's a cool pic of Stig's, would be awesome if he had a DS3 in his hands!

Ill be there today. If no one opens a room, I will and will name it "Spec, Tuned, Race Car" and will race each track with the three race types.

Ill be there today. If no one opens a room, I will and will name it "Spec, Tuned, Race Car" and will race each track with the three race types.
Do it man! I'll be there

Sorry I never stuck the the format busted. I just wanted us to have a grid to race with as things recently have been quite slow or non existent here. I know a lot of people online that do stock races not so much tuned and race car.

Last edited:
Agree. I know a lot of guys who do stock or spec. I was afraid having tuned races would scare them away. At this point, I kind of miss them though, even though I cant tune at all. Gives me a chance to be at the back I guess. Although, I have been finishing last a lot in spec lately. Am I getting slower or is everyone getting faster? There are a lot of severely fast people in these spec rooms. I feel like im just in peoples way these days.

My thoughts on tuning is it works when you know ahead of time what the race is going to be or if the race settings are going to stay the same for multiple races so you can actually tune. Tuning is trial and error and doesn't really make sense for rooms where the race is changing every time. Just slapping on power parts or taking weight off isn't tuning to me and is kinda pointless.
None of this was said to sway away from tuning races today or any day , just why I host the way I do.

Damnit! :banghead:I was poised to race today and my kids were just out of control and needed to be reigned in. Something I'm incapable of doing while racing. Anyways, I'm about to jump on and troll the lobbies & get my GT fix:bowdown:. On the fly tuning works good on GT6 at least far better than it did on GT5 IMO. I was in a 500pp room recently and the host was doing two races per track like we do & I tuned 3 cars on the fly. If the car has never been tuned I generally ran stock in the first with the exception of power and weight adjustments ( I agree with @USERID_77a23 that power/weight adjustments aren't actually tuning) I consistently cut time off on the second race. Maybe I'm just better at tuning than some but on the other hand I have a very difficult time racing a car that is not tuned to my preferences so in that respect I wouldn't be so quick to call on the fly tuning "pointless"

Damnit! :banghead:I was poised to race today and my kids were just out of control and needed to be reigned in. Something I'm incapable of doing while racing. Anyways, I'm about to jump on and troll the lobbies & get my GT fix:bowdown:. On the fly tuning works good on GT6 at least far better than it did on GT5 IMO. I was in a 500pp room recently and the host was doing two races per track like we do & I tuned 3 cars on the fly. If the car has never been tuned I generally ran stock in the first with the exception of power and weight adjustments ( I agree with @USERID_77a23 that power/weight adjustments aren't actually tuning) I consistently cut time off on the second race. Maybe I'm just better at tuning than some but on the other hand I have a very difficult time racing a car that is not tuned to my preferences so in that respect I wouldn't be so quick to call on the fly tuning "pointless"
That's just what I said , to tune the room needs to commit to more than one race at a track with the same pp settings so a tune can be made. You lose racers in the down time of people taking for ever to tune

We run 3-5 mins between races anyways, which is plenty of time to tune. We're suppose to be running 2 races per track with the reverse grid on the second as is our league format. Is this DP pretending to be USER or what? :odd: I understand your hosting format is geared "to have a grid to race with as things recently have been quite slow or non existent here. I know a lot of people online that do stock races not so much tuned and race car." Trust me no one else in STaR appreciates you hosting every week more than I. However, to dismiss tuning as "trial and error" rather than a learned skill or to omit tuned races from our format because you think it takes too long is misrepresentative of STaR Racing League. I guess if and when we ever get back to having scheduled races I'll have a distinct advantage because we'll have only managed to draw Spec racers to the league LOL a silver lining 💡 I will be happy to host next week if you'd like or maybe we can get Coach to host like he used to when we first met before STaR. I always had a blast then and I think we'll have one now.

Last edited:
What I mean by trial and error , means you have to be able to run it stock to know what to change , then you make the change but maybe it wasn't the right change ,,, multiple races must be run identical or , we need to know the combo ahead of time to try setups to tune properly. To me it works with the old setup , doesn't work on the fly for me ..... Whitey hosted today , things went great

It's cool USER I ain't trying to give you a hard time here as I know your heart is in the right place. It's just that I know that tuned races can easily be fit into our current unscheduled races because I've seen Coach do it and it's a helluva lot of fun.

Hey everyone. Sorry once I've been awol. I broke a rule of tree trimming and am paying for it. I broke two ribs and had a collapsed lung. Additionally I suffered a bad concussion resulting in vision issues. Recovery is painfully slow and frustrating. Not sure what the future holds....

I hope to be around every now and then. Good to see the thread is still going. At least somewhat... lol.

Hey everyone. Sorry once I've been awol. I broke a rule of tree trimming and am paying for it. I broke two ribs and had a collapsed lung. Additionally I suffered a bad concussion resulting in vision issues. Recovery is painfully slow and frustrating. Not sure what the future holds....

I hope to be around every now and then. Good to see the thread is still going. At least somewhat... lol.

So sorry to hear. Take your time and get better. Hopefully we'll cross paths online a few times as I've been on hiatus as well. Maybe in the future we can reboot the series.

well at least your alive :rolleyes: take care of yourself raceulater

Back