➊ Turtle Racing League - FLEX | Saturday Night Racing | JOIN TODAY!Open 

TURTLE RACING LEAGUE -FLEX RACING SERIES

Race 9: February 21, 2015 | One NASCAR Race

NASCAR Daytona 500 | 2013 NASCAR | Racing Soft

Daytona International Speedway - Time | 200 Laps

Race Results

_1st Place: MLPSilverWing (Fast Lap - 45.683)
.2nd Place: micantony (Fast Lap - 46.271) +22.071
_3rd Place: G_Parrilla (Fast Lap - 46.373) +1:12.455
_4th Place: lightningdf22b1 (Fast Lap - 46.193) +1:12.469
_5th Place: nascarfan1400 (Fast Lap - 46.104) +1:28.551
_6th Place: gr8racrs (Fast Lap - 46.179) +1:28.645
_7th Place: ScorpionPHVH57 (Fast Lap - 46.229) +2:17.491
_8th Place: Psycho-Tuber (Fast Lap - 45.968) +2:32.525
_9th Place: DolphDrago (Fast Lap - 46.091) +2:36.589
10th Place: euclid58 (Fast Lap - 46.540) +3:23.945

GTP_tzracer - DNF
Pichon617 - DNF
mitchman9 -DNF
BustedFoSho - DNF

Race Recap

Congratulations MLPSilverWing for a brilliant race and win! micantony and MLPSilverWing swapped the lead several times for most of the race and were running neck and neck until lap 171 when micantony spun. micantony was not able to close the gap with MLPSilverWing and finished 2nd. Great race micantony! lightningdf22b1 and G_Parrilla were running neck and neck as well until lap 200 when G_Parrilla spun and all but handed 3rd Place to lightningdf22b1. There was only one problem, lightningdf22b1 ran out of gas just before the finish line and G_Parrilla clipped him by inches to take 3rd Place. lightningdf22b1 finished in 4th Place. Nice racing guys! gr8racrs and DolphDrago teamed up late in race which helped gr8racrs run down nascarfan1400. Once gr8racrs caught him it was a fierce battle to the finish. Somehow, as nascarfan1400 slipped all over the track he still managed to fend off gr8racrs challenge on the final laps to hold on to 5th Place. gr8racrs finished right behind him in 6th Place. Nice racing! There was a 4 way battle for 7th Place between ScorpionPHVH57, DolphDrago, euclid58, and Psycho-Tuber latter in the race with ScorpionPHVH57 prevailing to take the spot. DolphDrago and Psycho-Tuber had great finish. Pyscho-Tuber had 8th Place wrapped up until he ran out gas on lap 200. DolphDrago closed in for the pass but time expired seconds before he could make it. DolphDrago finished in 9th Place. And euclid58 finished out the finishers for 10th Place. Whew, that was one exciting race, can't wait until next year!

In case someone was wondering about the number of pit stops everyone took. This was taken after the leader had finished to ensure the most accurate number for everyone.

image.jpg

I remember, on one of the last laps, @nascarfan1400 had to dodge the slowed @Silver Wing and just barely made it. That was super close :scared:
Yeah it was interesting trying to get around the slowed cars that had already finished while battling for position. I was on Psycho's tail on our last lap when he suddenly swerved down coming onto the backstretch. I couldn't see in front of him and had absolutely no idea he had done so to avoid another car. Unfortunately, I had no time to react and plowed into the back of micantony's car that was Turtling around the track. :ouch: And to think, with him running out of gas, I would have passed Psycho before time ran out if not for that incident...:P

Edit: And nice writeup and results, Psycho. 👍

In case someone was wondering about the number of pit stops everyone took. This was taken after the leader had finished to ensure the most accurate number for everyone.

View attachment 314964

Kudos to Mic, Lightning, G_Parilla, Nascarfan, and Psycho for doing it on hards.. Medium was all I could hang on to, and by mid race I was feeling fatigued from just trying to hang on to the car.. Switched to soft for a while and then changed back..
I was just hell bent on running smooth regardless of where it got me.. I got held in the pits for penalty two or three times.
If I didn't swap to softs in the middle, pretty sure I could have made it 7 stops..

-Wrong Thread-

No worries. :)
Kudos to Mic, Lightning, G_Parilla, Nascarfan, and Psycho for doing it on hards.. Medium was all I could hang on to, and by mid race I was feeling fatigued from just trying to hang on to the car.. Switched to soft for a while and then changed back..
I was just hell bent on running smooth regardless of where it got me.. I got held in the pits for penalty two or three times.
If I didn't swap to softs in the middle, pretty sure I could have made it 7 stops..

What did you get held for?

Looks like my favorite track is coming back! I already have a classic car/track combo that I think you all know...

Also, I've got pictures done. ^^

Sorry that I couldn't get everything from everyone. Usually I watch everyone individually each time around each race, but watching two and a half hours for each driver is overboard. :indiff:

Anyways, here you go. Enjoy.
Daytona International Speedway.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_1.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_2.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_3.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_4.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_5.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_6.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_7.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_8.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_9.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_10.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_11.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_12.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_13.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_14.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_15.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_16.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_17.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_18.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_19.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_20.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_21.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_22.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_23.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_24.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_25.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_26.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_27.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_28.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_29.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_30.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_31.jpg
Daytona International Speedway_32.jpg

EDIT:

Daytona International Speedway_1.jpg

:lol: What are you doing, @GT_Racer22!? You just really bottomed-out the car!

Last edited:
:lol: It was fun taking some shots of everyone. I'm probably on a bi-weekly schedule, so more than likely I'll be in every other race.

Yup. I have a couple cars we can use for Midfield.

Last edited:
No worries. :)

What did you get held for?

Probably for not coming in straight, or too fast, or both..
Actually, I think I need a pit stop coach right now.. I've been getting them wrong everywhere.

So they're bringing back Midfield ?.. Really..?.. That's a great track..

Last edited:
@Silver Wing im not sure what lap, but it was that one time when nascarfan asked 'gr8racrs, did you just go around?' And I saved it. Probably somewhere around lap 100, when I was behind Euclid on track in 7th place I think

I'll look around Lap 100 first. If I have to, I'll watch the entire race from your POV. :D
Okay :lol: :D

I wen too low in turn 3, it started to go around, ABS 0 allowed me to lock it up and bring the front back around on the apron and I slid pack to the banking and kept going. I'm sure you saw the skid marks on the track :sly:

Okay :lol: :D

I wen too low in turn 3, it started to go around, ABS 0 allowed me to lock it up and bring the front back around on the apron and I slid pack to the banking and kept going. I'm sure you saw the skid marks on the track :sly:

Oh I did. I seen them, I seen them... Too many times.

Back