007 in GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter srpst23
  • 14 comments
  • 1,421 views
Messages
121
First off I'm not sure where to put this because it is not related to the actual playing of gt4 but it is definately related. If this needs to be moved, please someone do.

I was watching some of the old James Bond movies recently, and realized that a lot of the cars that bond uses in the films are in GT4. some that I came up with off of the top of my head were the Lotus Esprit in and Citroen 2 CV in For Your Eyes, the Renault Maxi Turbo in Never Say Never Again, Toyota 2000 GT in You Only Live Twice. He had a BMW Z3 in Goldeneye (similar to the M3), in the Living Daylights, he had an early version of the V8 Vantage, and in Die Another Day 007 had I believe a DB9. There are others I'm sure if anyone could help me out I think it's pretting interesting how many of the cars in Bond movies are in GT4
 
The Z3 is a lot closer to the Z4 than the M3.
 
btw the car in Die Another Day was an Aston Martin Vanquish.
 
Lotus Esprit in The Spy Who Loved Me (1977);
Lotus Esprit Turbo in For Your Eyes Only (1981).

For me one of the best Bond chases was in the film Octopussy (1983) when he stole an Alfa Romeo GTV6... Loved that sideways action, escaping those Polizei 5 series!!! 👍


In Die Another Day we have the Jag driven by that guy with diamonds in his face... In GT4 we have Jag XKR Coupe.
 
I have over half of the cars from the 007 not because they are in the movies.
Cause some of the cars are cool and fast.
I have alot of cars that are similar to those in movies.

BTW:007 and GT series RULE!!!!!!!:) :cheers:
 
There are others I'm sure if anyone could help me out I think it's pretting interesting how many of the cars in Bond movies are in GT4
In On Her Majesties Secret Service they drove a Mercury Cougar, I believe.
To clarify, In Die Another Day it was a Vanquish. In Casino Royale there was a variation of the DB9.
 
In On Her Majesties Secret Service they drove a Mercury Cougar, I believe.
To clarify, In Die Another Day it was a Vanquish. In Casino Royale there was a variation of the DB9.

i believe in casino royale it was the DB9-R (Street Version) wasn't it?:)
 
Z3? Didn't he have a Z8?
 
Z3? Didn't he have a Z8?
No, Z8 was after Goldeneye. And the Z3 comparison to M3, I think he's thinking of M-Coupe.
 
i believe in casino royale it was the DB9-R (Street Version) wasn't it?:)


It was a prototype of the up and coming DBS, which yes, is sort of a street version of the DBR-9. 👍
 
It was a prototype of the up and coming DBS, which yes, is sort of a street version of the DBR-9. 👍
I certainly wouldnt call it a street version of the DBR-9 I call it a pumped up version of the DB9 (This is a bad thing as the DB9 is already beautiful and doesnt need excess jewerly)
Also there is lots of cars in 007 movies espcially Die Another Day (Right at the beginning all those cars that get blown up including a Ford GT40 and LAmbo Diablo)
 
Thanks guys for the replies. I was thinking of the M Coupe in goldeneye. Also there was an alfa chasing bond in the citroen, not sure what it was though, thought it might be a GTA
 
eg6_dude
It was a prototype of the up and coming DBS, which yes, is sort of a street version of the DBR-9.
No, not really - the DBRS9 is the version of the DBR9 which is sold to us, whereas the DBS is a different breed - not as exclusively designed for racing and track use, but more like a more powerful, more focused sports DB9 (as speedster502 says). Arguably what the DB9 should have been in the first place, it's a more raw and hard-edged machine. Pretty suitable for Daniel Craig's take on Bond, anyway.

DE
 
No, not really - the DBRS9 is the version of the DBR9 which is sold to us, whereas the DBS is a different breed - not as exclusively designed for racing and track use, but more like a more powerful, more focused sports DB9 (as speedster502 says). Arguably what the DB9 should have been in the first place, it's a more raw and hard-edged machine. Pretty suitable for Daniel Craig's take on Bond, anyway.

DE

Yeh I can agree with most of that apart from the fact about the DBS's looks which frankly ruin it.
 
I quite like it, to be honest. Looks menacing, although the word 'bling' should never be anywhere near applicable to an Aston - here, I think it just might be, which is a shame. You can lower a car and fit splitters without butchering the front lights, for example, and the rear lights haven't come out looking too good either.

Don't tell me low, dark and menacing doesn't look fantastic when done right, though - Murciélago LP640 Spyder, anyone? ;)

DE
 
Back