'02 Viper GTS GT3 Base 600pp RH

United States
United States
GdeRfrJ.jpg

This is my Viper GT3 base race car tune to compete in group GT3 Series events.

Specs:
599pp
598hp
573ft-lb
1255kg

Parts used:
'02 Viper GTS
Oil Change
Increased body rigidity
Front aero
Flat floors
Custom wing
+1 inch wheels
Race Hard tires

Custom Suspension: tuned with suspension wizard
89/91
10.16/10.76
3/4
2/3
3/4
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.20

Racing Brakes
5/5

Custom Transmission
Final Gear: 4.100
Auto set using max gear for track

Custom LSD:
7/15/8

Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon drive shaft

Sports Computer
Racing exhaust
Isometric manifold
sports catalytic converter

Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction
Rear downforce 20

Interesting - I'll have to give it a try. What is suspension wizard by the way?

Edit: never mind I found the wizard!

Last edited:
The only concern I would have is the aero difference between this and the other GT3 machines. If you give it more power to match the others on a technical circuit, once they reduce aero on a power track, they would be faster than the Viper no? Or if you match them on a power circuit with low aero, on a technical track the GT3's would handle better.

I could be wrong, would be very interested to know how you get on comparing them as I'm a huge fan of the Viper. Hoping the SRT Race Car will come in DLC / GTV

The only concern I would have is the aero difference between this and the other GT3 machines. If you give it more power to match the others on a technical circuit, once they reduce aero on a power track, they would be faster than the Viper no? Or if you match them on a power circuit with low aero, on a technical track the GT3's would handle better.

I could be wrong, would be very interested to know how you get on comparing them as I'm a huge fan of the Viper. Hoping the SRT Race Car will come in DLC / GTV

The other gt3 cars do have a wider range of adjustments with the aero, but I have found this gives a very similar performance as those cars direct from the dealership. I used a z4m and r8 lms on apricot hill as a benchmark when building this car. I have not run into any issues against what the AI throws at you in the gt3 championship taking the lead by the 3rd lap at the latest and usually finishing with 15 second lead. With the top speed set to 211 this Viper pulls pretty hard to 170 and is glued down in the corners, I usually run it with top speed at 193. This car can be more refined from the settings here and probably would need a better transmission tune to compete online with some really dialed in gt3 cars, but being a Viper nut (I even have a Sneaky Pete tattoo) I needed a premium race Viper and this has been getting the job done.

Back