03SonicWRX's Gallery

United States
Knoxville, TN
Locked_On580
I've been into photography for a bit, but I'm only an amateur, and I just now got the confidence to post some of my work. I'd like to continue from Gran Turismo 5 to Gran Turismo 6 and build on my skills. My main "occupation" is being a full-time college student majoring in History, but I am also in Air Force ROTC in hopes of becoming an officer when I graduate. I'm heading to field training this summer, and should be contracted when I get back.

The moral of that story is that I don't have a WHOLE lot of time to take pictures, so when I do it, It's usually on the fly and I'm in the middle of projects. I also like to focus a lot on cars that are inspired by avionics, but I am also extremely interested in older Japanese cars as well (I own a rare 2003 Sonic Yellow Subaru WRX, modified for Rallycross, as well as a 1972 Datsun 240Z that's in the middle of a full teardown and rebuild, a la Wangan Midnight style).

Enough of the back story though, here's some pictures!

F40_Monte_Carlo_1.jpg
F40_Monte_Carlo_2.jpg
F458_Monte_Carlo_1.jpg
Ford_GT_Laguna_Seca_1 (Edited 1).JPG
Lamborghini_Toscana_1.jpg
Lamborghini_Toscana_2.jpg
Lamborghini_Toscana_3.jpg
Lamborghini_Toscana_4.jpg

Welcome mate!:) And nice to see you have started up a gallery.

I've noticed you've got a couple decent shots here. I kinda like the composition in the second F40 shot and the Ford GT shot. I also like the artistic feel in the last shot. 👍

Not too shabby for an amateur! I would love to see you improve throughout your time here in the Photomode Forums.:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments! Again, I don't have a lot of time to do it, so I just experiment with what I think is cool, haha. I'd like some criticism on my stuff so that I know what to look for and what to avoid when shooting so that I can improve and work with the best here. I'll have more pictures up soon!

Thanks for the compliments! Again, I don't have a lot of time to do it, so I just experiment with what I think is cool, haha. I'd like some criticism on my stuff so that I know what to look for and what to avoid when shooting so that I can improve and work with the best here. I'll have more pictures up soon!
Well, I also noticed that in the shots where you can see the entire vehicle, the car sits a little too close to the frame of the image. You can try moving the camera slightly, try zooming out a bit more or try stepping back a few paces. That way, you get a little more space around the car which helps the image seem less cramped in one area.

Also take a look at these guides; they can help improve your images tenfold!

[GUIDE] Make the most of the GT5 Camera

[GUIDE] Composition Basics (instantly improve your pictures)

Last edited:
Back