05 mustang GTvs Premium 07 mustang GT

  • Thread starter Thread starter boomee
  • 6 comments
  • 1,901 views
Messages
1,784
United States
Near DC
Messages
MARK1615BEREAN
Messages
I dont play xbox
I was playing breifily before I came to work It seems that the 05 when all parts are thrown at it is lighter and makes a little bit more HP is that true or did i jsut tune something wrong ? are there any other diffrences ?
 
That could be true. There are a few non premiums that are way better than the premium version of the same thing. For example the Mercedes SL65 (I think is the name, the next best behind the SLR and SLS) the non premium one has almost 1000hp when fully tuned and kills the premium version.
 
interesting ?
 
I believe the 05 'GT was lighter stock, up to about 100lbs depending on options. Though they share the same motor (4.6L 24V) with identical HP/torque ratings from factory.

Only thing I can come up with for the HP is break-in. Which have your driven more, rather, which has more miles on the dial? Any engine rebuilds? Changing the oil regularly also factors in, as old oil will sap power.
 
i probably need to change oil on my premium barely used the standard until yesterday
 
How much are the apart HP wise anyway?
 
That could be true. There are a few non premiums that are way better than the premium version of the same thing. For example the Mercedes SL65 (I think is the name, the next best behind the SLR and SLS) the non premium one has almost 1000hp when fully tuned and kills the premium version.

Haven't tried it in GT5 yet, but in gt4 the SL65 was way slower on a lap then the SL55 because of it's old 5speed transmission, even if it had more HP.

Was racing against a friend in fully tuned cars, and i wanted to be the smarter
one by taking the SL65, but i couldn't follow the SL55...
 
Back