1.02 Update altered MR handling(?)

  • Thread starter Thread starter wheelman1313
  • 22 comments
  • 1,764 views
Messages
38
United States
United States
Messages
wheelman1313
Okay, I might be crazy, but since the update, my MR race cars all plow understeer. I'm running a GT Class championship with my race team, and I use the McLaren F1 GTR '95. I had multiple setups to balance the oversteer at various tracks, especially under braking, but since the update, I'm having to go back through and re-adjust them all to correct massive understeer.

Is this a thing, or have I just forgotten how to drive?
 
I tinkered with it and got the pace back, the car feels a lot more planted now. Running 8'05"s around Nurburgring 24, with a 552 bhp/1250 kg limit.

Some of the non-race cars feel more snug now. The Stratos is not such a death trap now. Again, I may just be imagining this, but it definitely feels different.
 
Have to agree, Stratos and Countach feel great now but I don't think its limited to MR's. The BMW Z4 GT3 was a pig before, I gave it a final chance last night and it was a different animal, exactly how I wanted it to be from the start!
 
Something has definitely changed.
This is what pee's me off about PD, when you get used to the handling, put in loads of hours tuning and then they change physics every update.

So PD, is this version now correct or are we getting another change when we've all got used to these physics?
 
Oh man, the stratos was so much fun. :(
 
Glad to know it wasn't just me. I tried the dream car series last night and couldn't do anything on Willow Springs. The Audi LMS and 2J just could not hold corners. Went back to the classic race car series to see how much more the credits were and the Chaparral 2J wouldn't stay on track or go around a corner. I aced them before in that same car.

Oh well, back to FR cars for the time being.
 
To all futures complaints: you can allways downgrade no v1.00 and experience old phisics...
 
To all futures complaints: you can allways downgrade no v1.00 and experience old phisics...

It's because people were complaining that MR cars were broken pre-1.02 that they changed how they handled. But yeah sure guys keep moaning and maybe they'll make it even worse.
 
Anyone else noticing this? I haven't driven any of the notoriously tricky to drive cars since the update
 
I didn't have a problem pre - update, but definitely need to get used to it again. The only problem I had was some MR race cars a little squirelly under braking, but I messed around with brake balance and ballast and got that worked out. But I never had understeer before. Now it's bad.
 
I didn't have a problem pre - update, but definitely need to get used to it again. The only problem I had was some MR race cars a little squirelly under braking, but I messed around with brake balance and ballast and got that worked out. But I never had understeer before. Now it's bad.
They're understeering now? That's really annoying. And that would explain why some tunes that I tried yesterday understeered to no end.
 
I'm a really bad driver, and I'm using the DS3. Still I managed to get the Stratos up Goodwood no problem, so something tells me it has improved handling.
 
My 458 was superb last night but the snap oversteer in my Anniversary Renault racer was crazy, so I don't know, I'm going to just work on each car and get a happy balance. But OMG my Ferrari 458 was freakin brilliant.
 
I learn my lesson from GT5 not to tune a bunch of cars too fast. They update and all your setups will need to updated. In GT5 I just ended up buying new cars because I had too many setups to adjust.
 
I noticed that my lotus and my Telsa Roadster had a bit different weight balance than before. On both cars I had added some weight pushed to the front to get a 50:50 balance and in both cars the balance had changed after the update the Lotus was showing 51:49 and the Tesla was still showing 50:50 but I was able to remove 25kg from both cars to get back the balance I had before
 
Anyone use think changing MR cars to 50/50 with weight reduction and adding ballast, a bit over kill, and defeatist.
 
DBM,

I missed your point. Are you saying that there is no need to alter the weight bias?
 
D_M
DBM,

I missed your point. Are you saying that there is no need to alter the weight bias?
Removing and Adding 200KG would never be done in the real world, plus just makes the car driver like a FR, suspension tuning is fine to make the car handle better but you still need to drive the car different, and learn new skills.
 
DBM
Removing and Adding 200KG would never be done in the real world, plus just makes the car driver like a FR, suspension tuning is fine to make the car handle better but you still need to drive the car different, and learn new skills.

There are people who like to put sandbags or something in the front trunk of their Porsches at track days. But I agree with your point.
 
There are people who like to put sandbags or something in the front trunk of their Porsches at track days. But I agree with your point.
A sand bag will be 5-10KG, 200KG is like 3 people. plus most cars your be lucky if you can reduce the weight by 5%, not 20%
In some forms of GT racing and BTC they add weight as a handicap for winning, but I never seen them be happy about it even the Porsches.
 
Not amused they've mucked around with the handling ! My GT one was a dream to use, now its all over the place. The Nurburgring in a high end MR is like a dodgem ride now, especially with hard tyres
 
I made a topic about the Diablo GT wondering what the fuss was about, it being the first MR car that I've purchased and reading that MR vehicles were really squirelly, but I had no problem with it trying it last night on 1.02. This could explain it.
 
Back