1.03 patch exiting race

  • Thread starter Thread starter eVilate
  • 10 comments
  • 1,304 views
Messages
292
Messages
eVilate
Yesterday the new patch 1.03 became available for download, at the time I was doing a B-Spec 4 hour endurance race. It had 1 hour left and I went out and when I got home I found the 1.03 patch required screen that you get when you first start GT5. At first I put it down to coincidence that the PS3 reset itself at the same time a new patch became available, but today thinking more on it I realized that if the PS3 reset itself, it would just be on the XMB screen, it would not have gone back into GT5 itself (or can it do that?). Which tells me that the new patch somehow quit the race I was in and went to the update screen by itself. (Yes, the race definitely didn't finish, or if it did, I did not get any exp or money for it)
Is that even possible, did this happen to anyone else?
 
This problem happened when 1.02 was released. A few members had posted this problem, but as of right now. The machine won't save if your in the middle of a race. So your kinda pressed out of luck on this one.
 
I don't think i've ever experienced a game that actually throws you off when it needs to update.
 
I was doing the same race. I was allowed to finish (and purchase a car)/shut the system down before it forced my install.

I'm running the old 80 gig machine.
 
Wow so it DID do that...that's pretty poor, good thing I wasn't near the end of a 24 hour race instead. I think I'm going to start pulling the internet before starting anymore endurance races
 
I don't think i've ever experienced a game that actually throws you off when it needs to update.

Actually that's weird, because I was doing the Laguna Seca 90 Lap Enduro last night when the patch was released and I was never booted from my race. I got to finish, and saved. Then logged off to install the new firmware for the machine plus the GT 1.03 patch.
 
easy way to solve this problem, log out of the PSN before you start to do an endurance race, then when you want to go play online just sign back in
 
easy way to solve this problem, log out of the PSN before you start to do an endurance race, then when you want to go play online just sign back in

I was thinking the same thing. For all the time invested in these dang endurance races, it's not worth taking the risk!!
 
Actually that's weird, because I was doing the Laguna Seca 90 Lap Enduro last night when the patch was released and I was never booted from my race. I got to finish, and saved. Then logged off to install the new firmware for the machine plus the GT 1.03 patch.

Perhaps because you didnt have the latest firmware it couldn't connect to the PSN and thus couldn't check for game updates?
 
I didn't have the latest firmware either and it did it to me
 
Back