1.05 update changed shifter challenge

• Thread starter MAYHEM 57
  • 10 comments
United States
S.C.
MAYHEM_57
I have had all of the stars except the one for winning the 125 shifter event at the GT Arena. Second place had been my best. I try every few days and know very well how it unfolds. I tried again yesterday and the whole race played out differently. I took first place on lap 7 and easily kept it. I ran the race again and had the same result. I would love to think I've improved but I know better. Also I do not recall having all of the aids available before but they are there now. I did win with the same setting that I had used previously. Maybe it's just me. Let me know.

Last edited:
I haven't made it to the 125 Shifter yet because I restarted my career since buying a wheel. (wanted to start fresh while learning the wheel & to try and stay interested between seasonals and sporadic updates).

I had skipped all Kart races until yesterday. With the new update they added TC and SRF for the karts so I decided to try it out. Found it too easy, (TC 5, SRF on) turned off all aids and still breezed through all Kart races up to IB, will be unlocking IA today. I do find the Karts have been made easier.

On a side note, grinding for cash yesterday (to get the 2J for the Historic cup in IB) I went to the Red Bull Junior where I had only made silver. I got Gold on all races 1'st try, even Grand Valley where previously I could only squeak out a 5'th place.

To me it does feel like races have been made easier, at least the ones I did yesterday, I thought I was imagining it until reading this thread, I knew I couldnt have gotten good overnight lol.

I have had all of the stars except the one for winning the 125 shifter event at the GT Arena. Second place had been my best. I try every few days and know very well how it unfolds. I tried again yesterday and the whole race played out differently. I took first place on lap 7 and easily kept it. I ran the race again and had the same result. I would love to think I've improved but I know better. Also I do not recall having all of the aids available before but they are there now. I did win with the same setting that I had used previously. Maybe it's just me. Let me know.
Same thing happened to me. Maybe it is because of srf. If not, we are both suddenly amazing.

Perhaps they sneakily reduced the difficulty of that race, as many complained it felt much more difficult than the other races in the same series. It would make sense.

If you could tell us what where your lap times in that race before and after the 1.05 patch it'd help pinpointing the reason of your improved results.

Golded shifter karts yesterday after struggling to better silver at willow springs and 10th at the arena horribilis.. So I pushed my luck and also golded NASCAR at Daytona.. Still can't get on with that bloody red bull standard challenge though..

Golded shifter karts yesterday after struggling to better silver at willow springs and 10th at the arena horribilis.. So I pushed my luck and also golded NASCAR at Daytona.. Still can't get on with that bloody red bull standard challenge though..

A tip that I was given helped with the Red Bull standards. TC - 0, and put on racing softs. I also turned SRF on and switched from manual transmission to auto, and found the key for me was trusting the car through the faster sweeping areas of track without instinctively going for the brakes. Those tips helped me gold the full event prior to 1.05 so if it is easier you should have little difficulty getting it now with practice.

I'm still yet to go back to the shifters. I'm interested now to see how they pan out.

Perhaps they sneakily reduced the difficulty of that race, as many complained it felt much more difficult than the other races in the same series. It would make sense.

If you could tell us what where your lap times in that race before and after the 1.05 patch it'd help pinpointing the reason of your improved results.
I didn't keep up with times, I just couldn't catch that rabbit. I've read the posts about that event and the racers had behaved as described in those posts. That is, pull away for the first half of the race then slow on the second half. Now they are just more sluggish from the beginning. I was kinda enjoying the challenge.

I didn't keep up with times, I just couldn't catch that rabbit. I've read the posts about that event and the racers had behaved as described in those posts. That is, pull away for the first half of the race then slow on the second half. Now they are just more sluggish from the beginning. I was kinda enjoying the challenge.

The SRF and TCS helps keep the kart stable through turns and I'm very grateful for the update. Finally got the final GT Arena race off my back.

Something needed to be done. On the seasonal challenges I can get within the top 500 in the world after 3-4 hours if I try, and this Kart challenge took me much longer than that to gold. It was simply too hard.

Back