1.06 update has me mystified

• Thread starter Wide Boy
  • 21 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Zealand
New Zealand
Last time we got to buy race gear as single items this time if I read it correctly people with a Toyota data logger living in Japan can upload there car data to watch it do a lap.
What percentage of their customers do they think are going to go magic just what I needed, time well spent.

We get a seasonal event to win a Toyota FT-1 to, I may be wrong but I could have sworn I won one not long back.

Good communication going on in house obviously, things like camber issue still nothing & that effects all of us.
Where is the direction at Polyphony because I cant see any, hate to say it but I could name a few 5 year old games that get better support than we seem to be on what feels an unfinished release.

On a side note guessing to Sony how come downloading a small patch takes 15 minutes yet the same size file takes seconds to download on my PC.
Same network PS3 has 4 bars (100%) yet my PC has only 3 where I normally use it & not talking downloading in the background.

I am a fan of this:
  • From the Member List, it is now possible to see the Performance Points, maximum output and weight of the cars that have joined the room.
If I understand this correctly it will make the job of a race manager easier when running an online race series because he can check the minimum weight and maximum HP of various cars entering a race at a glance. This may make running a multi make race easier because there will not be a need for individualized inspection of every car before the race to make sure they are in compliance with the series specs for their particular model.

If I am understanding it correctly then this is a very good thing!

Seriously, the GPS logger is awesome. I'm rushing out to buy that $1,000 gadget, then flying my car to Japan to use it on one of the three tracks that it supports, I don't know why anyone would complain about that, especially if you live outside Japan. Who's up for a track day at Suzuka?

I am a fan of this:
  • From the Member List, it is now possible to see the Performance Points, maximum output and weight of the cars that have joined the room.
If I understand this correctly it will make the job of a race manager easier when running an online race series because he can check the minimum weight and maximum HP of various cars entering a race at a glance. This may make running a multi make race easier because there will not be a need for individualized inspection of every car before the race to make sure they are in compliance with the series specs for their particular model.

If I am understanding it correctly then this is a very good thing!

For sure & that's what they should be doing, fixing whats broke not giving us pointless extras.

Wow! Update 1.06 has given us the option to customize the style, height and width of rear wings on cars. I don't know about anyone else, but this is a massive enhancement for me! Previously, i couldn't bear to put rear wings on some cars, such as the 599, or the V12 Vantage, because IMO, they looked ridiculous and spoiled the lines of these beautiful motors.

Well done, PD!

Wow! Update 1.06 has given us the option to customize the style, height and width of rear wings on cars. I don't know about anyone else, but this is a massive enhancement for me! Previously, i couldn't bear to put rear wings on some cars, such as the 599, or the V12 Vantage, because IMO, they looked ridiculous and spoiled the lines of these beautiful motors.

Well done, PD!
Yeah, it's good, but would anyone have minded if we never got that, ever? I don't think they would have.

As others have said, and many more will say, why didn't/don't they fix existing issues before adding something such a tiny amount of us will ever use?

Would have been better to add something more people want if they are going to do that. At least we'd be temporarily distracted from GT6's faults by the new shiny thing.

Another almost useless update. Big surprise. More Ricerwings. Oh YAY! lol.

I will say my hopes have done a complete 180 in the last 30-45 days. I still love GT6 but I don't see anything worthwhile happening very soon if at all.

Hopefully now they've given Kaz his track data toy thing they can focus on fixing some of the more important features.

Yeah. This is one of those thing one just shakes the head at. It's like someone thought Let's see what the most useless feature we can come up with would be and do it.

I think I'd consider it even more useless than the horns in GT5.

Reactions: VBR
Nobody really understands the power of this feature, or what it'll do to their gaming experience.

In a few years time, this is something all of us will be using in some way.

If I remember correctly, one of the reasons GT5 was delayed was because PD were helping with the programming on the ECU for the Skyline GTR? I could be wrong but I am sure I read it on this site.

Nobody really understands the power of this feature, or what it'll do to their gaming experience.

In a few years time, this is something all of us will be using in some way.
True enough, but I'd rather they did this testing on their own time rather than introducing it as a feature that only certain people can use (Toyota GT86 users in Japan). I don't think in this form it was necessary for public release

It's like this for all new technology. When it's introduced, it's not going to be world popular.

Very excited to see what it can bring however.

Yeah, it's good, but would anyone have minded if we never got that, ever? I don't think they would have.

As others have said, and many more will say, why didn't/don't they fix existing issues before adding something such a tiny amount of us will ever use?

Would have been better to add something more people want if they are going to do that. At least we'd be temporarily distracted from GT6's faults by the new shiny thing.
Well, i would've minded...

I agree that PD are seemingly focusing on things that aren't important to the bulk of GT6 players. However, for me personally, the visuals are a big, big part of the the GT experience(& have been since the first game), so a small addition like this is actually a minor game changer for me.

Now, let me go see if i can create an acceptable looking wing for the Enzo...

It's like this for all new technology. When it's introduced, it's not going to be world popular.

Very excited to see what it can bring however.
Yeah same, its definitely a big leap forward in bridging the real/virtual worlds together. Its got a lot of potential but in its current form it has a touch of the chocolate teapot about it.

Reactions: VBR
Well, i would've minded...

I agree that PD are seemingly focusing on things that aren't important to the bulk of GT6 players. However, for me personally, the visuals are a big, big part of the the GT experience(& have been since the first game), so a small addition like this is actually a minor game changer for me.

Now, let me go see if i can create an acceptable looking wing for the Enzo...
Fair enough. To each his own, I say. I'm sure you're aware you're probably in a minority though.

On a side note guessing to Sony how come downloading a small patch takes 15 minutes yet the same size file takes seconds to download on my PC.
Same network PS3 has 4 bars (100%) yet my PC has only 3 where I normally use it & not talking downloading in the background.
Overloaded servers is the answer.

If I remember correctly, one of the reasons GT5 was delayed was because PD were helping with the programming on the ECU for the Skyline GTR? I could be wrong but I am sure I read it on this site.

I believe it was the graphical interface.

Update 1.06 - two new squares popped up underneath goodwood festival option on the home screen. Can't do anything with them. They are just there to sit under Goodwood. NICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back