1.07 Update won't do it. Insuffient space. Help !

• Thread starter BigBravo21
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
BigBravo21
My update won't install. It says I need another 835Mb. Insufficient space. I've deleted almost everything. I have no photos. No music. Only 5 or 6 game saves (not very big). I can't play GT6. What do I do please ?

I had a similar issue with my 12gb super slim and I rectified it by buying a 500gb hard drive. If you did buy a hard drive, you must back up your system and then transfer game save to USB. I hope this is helpful.

My PS3 is one of the early ones. 60Gb i think. Would it work if I deleted GT5 ? (sob).

Probably, how much are you really playing GT5 anyway?

GT5 + all the updates was a huge game installed. Can't remember the exact size, but I think it was well north of 10gb. That combined with your 5 or 6 other games, and the base PS3 system software install; I can imagine that easily filling up a 60gb drive.

Either free up enough space on your existing hard drive, or upgrade to a larger drive. I filled up my 120gb pretty quick and upgraded to a 500gb.

Probably, how much are you really playing GT5 anyway?

GT5 + all the updates was a huge game installed. Can't remember the exact size, but I think it was well north of 10gb. That combined with your 5 or 6 other games, and the base PS3 system software install; I can imagine that easily filling up a 60gb drive
Either free up enough space on your existing hard drive, or upgrade to a larger drive. I filled up my 120gb pretty quick and upgraded to a 500gb.

I play GT5 mostly because GT6 is so awful on-line lacing. But GT5 on line is ending on 31st May so I guess I've got to make the change ........

Hey y'll downloaded the update 2 days ago, system restarts I load everything thinking I had 785,000 cr. and my 15 cars including my favorite car Ferrari FXX bought for 2,000,000 smack a roo's, hell no had to completely start over blows my mind on what happened everything was good no problems at all lost my time for the first round of GT Academy worked hard to get my 1.05.23 on a DS3 now I have a driving force pro Logitech should have spent 80.00 dollars along time ago

So my queastion is this I can't remeber for international license A that Ferrari festival what is the best car have 40,000 cr. in the bank tired the Alfa Romero keep coming in third place no matter what 3.5 seconds off the leader cheap car that doesn't require a lot of maintenance but will get the job done

Thanks Kurt

Ah yes. I've freed up a massive 10Gb ! It seems to be installing ok now. 33 mins left. Thanks for the help all.

Replacing your hard drive with a large capacity 7,200 rpm drive (500GB or larger) will solve your issue for a good while, AND speed up your PS3

Replacing your hard drive with a large capacity 7,200 rpm drive (500GB or larger) will solve your issue for a good while, AND speed up your PS3

How easy is replacing the harddrive? I have 120gb slim 2010 model space isn't an issue it said after I restarted the system that is a DNS issue and gave an error code but like I said there was no problem downloading the update it earased all my data for some reason even my PSN account it was like I had a brand new PS3 it was crazy

It is very easy. Various places document the process, including playstation.com.

You'll need a philips head screwdriver and not much else.

You will need a hard drive to make a backup before you start. But you have been backing up regularly, haven't you? :D

Back