1.09 glitch Braking

United States
United States
dalegribble17
Randomly there's times where Ill hit the breaks and the car just revs up.. And all cars will do that so I have to restart the game Never had that issue before the update Happens just randomly too

Anybody else have this issue?

Plus I use the g27 wheel which I guess the game dosent like right now

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the same issue a couple of month ago, gas reving up when I used the brakes, I sprayed the pots on my G27 with contact cleaner and it seemed to go away. It may have been that I shut down the PS3 to do this so maybe I just cleared it up with the reboot but, it has happened before this update to me.

Funny. Got same problem last week ,but with DFGT pedals :D

First I thought It was 1.09 update ,that scr**** sensibility settings for pedals , but then I've checked with GT5 and PC/LogitechProfiler and pedals were ocassionaly sending random signals for brakes and after a day also for throttle .

Done some gOOgle and found out it is called "spiking". In short ,either there is a short connection somewhere in (broken cable, bad connection somewhere in pedal housing , dirt ...) or more likely one of pedals (ussualy throttle) gets a bit loose and that can cause potentiometer in the housing to perform autocalibration all the time in consequence it doesn't know anymore when pedal is fully pressed/depressed .

I've opened pedal base ,done some cleaning ,checked contacts and pull a wire 1 - 2 cm into the housing to make wires more loose > originally wires were really tight and since I've experienced those spikes mostly when I was pressing foot on the pedal base , I suspected there may be base flexing>bad wiring problem.

In my case doing this helped and pedals are now working with no prob as new.

Usefull link : http://web.axelero.hu/mozso/momo_e5.html# > that's for momo pedals ,but you'll get idea what can go wrong ,since most pedals use similar design .

Last edited:
What do you mean by hitting the breaks? I don't use breaks, I use brakes.

But On topic: I don't have a problem with braking with my G27, also not after 1.09. ;)

Plus I use the g27 wheel which I guess the game dosent like right now
The game loves the g27 and the g27 loves the game right now. Not sure where you read this. There is a 1.09 update wheel thread and didn't see a single g27 complaint. It is certainly more aggresive, but that is good.

Have you worked on the pedal or wheel assembly recently? Have read of this issue, but not sure what the solution was. Have worked on them, I would have said it was a ground issue at a pedal, but it didn't seem that was the problem IIRC.

Edit - didn't see Ipardelha's response.

Which part do I clean? The 3 connection point?
Yes, spray some contact cleaner at the pot location, spray the cleaner on the opposite side from the wires then work the pedal in and out to help clean it out then give it another try.

Back