1.09 update download failure please help

• Thread starter Brownie71
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
BrownieSkidmark
Hi I've been having issues with downloading the 1.09 patch every since it was released. The first update goes through but the actual install on Gran turismo fails downloading after about a quarter of the way through. I have called Sony once and they told me it wasn't there fault and it was PD's issue but I don't know how to contact them. I have tried formatting my system which deleted everything off of my ps3 which took 10 hours. I've tried all of the simple things like reseting my internet and just about any other thing you could think of. So if anyone thinks they can help me please message me because I'm very desperate to play gt6. Thanks

The last couple of updates have been weird for me too. The install seems to take a lot longer than the download.

Don't cancel out of anything, no matter how long it takes. If it fails try again.

1. Still having this problem if anyone can help. I have been trying atleast 3 times a day and it always fails and never goes through .

Have you tired downloading it through someone elses internet connection? Take it to a friends house or to another family member & try it.

👍

1. Still having this problem if anyone can help. I have been trying atleast 3 times a day and it always fails and never goes through .
Your internet connection is dropping out, is your PS3 wifi or line to your modem ?

It is Wireless I'm to far away from my router to be wired. Its really frustrating because I never have issues downloading updates and my internet never has problems any other game is fine though.

It is Wireless I'm to far away from my router to be wired. Its really frustrating because I never have issues downloading updates and my internet never has problems any other game is fine though.

You can convert wireless to wired by using a device which sends the signal through your mains house wiring. They cost about £25 for a pair from PC World. they plug into a three pin mains socket and you link to your PS3 or router via the ADSL cables which come with the kit. More info via this link:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/netwo...1060!&ef_id=U6MyPwAAAP@LBTBb:20140707230527:s

I'm using a pair of the devices Sick Cylinder is talking about and they are fantastic. The Wi-Fi in the room where my PS3 is is 'spotty' to say the least I had major headaches downloading patches etc.. Got a pair of these from Argos for about £30, never looked back. Everything works flawlessly now. Even NowTV and Netflix have stopped needing to buffer every 5 seconds :cheers:

I moved my TV and ps3 close to my router and used a wired connection and it still failed.
I am thinking it is you GT6 disc may be you problem and not your internet and you can download the 1.09 patch ok but you can not install it that mean your GT6 disc may be the issue here. Have you check your disc for any scratches because a disc can do funny things sometimes ?. You may need to buy another GT6 disc and see if it still does it and this is your only way to solve your problem.

I am thinking it is you GT6 disc may be you problem and not your internet and you can download the 1.09 patch ok but you can not install it that mean your GT6 disc may be the issue here. Have you check your disc for any scratches because a disc can do funny things sometimes ?. You may need to buy another GT6 disc and see if it still does it and this is your only way to solve your problem.
You know I've thought about the disc but all of my friends say that's not my problem but it seems to be the only other thing to check. My disc doesn't seem to have any serious scratches but has a wavy line in it. I may rent a copy of gt6 and try and see if a different disc will work.if it does I'll be ordering a copy of gt6 shortly.

Back