1.10 handling changes?

Canada
Canada
quattpequatt
is it just me or they changed some handling characteristics in 1.10? my elise feels much looser now...
did they modify camber again? or springs? or something? just doesn't feel very at home......
is it just me or has anyone else noticed? change in grip maybe?

maybe it affects just MR cars?

anyone shed light on this?

They`ve done something, that`s for sure! I`ve been going over some tunes and I`ve found that I`m mostly having to soften ARBs and tinker with damper settings. I think it`s something to do with the physics of weight transfer.

The Chapparal 2J seems to have been severely butchered. I find that it understeers terribly now.
Also I'm noticing that cars can corner Route X's banking easier now. Beforehand they would almost always understeer into the upper barrier or just spin out for no reason.

If... If handling has been changed with 1.10, the direction of the tuning levers available to pull have not. For example, if raising the front of the car worked to provide less understeer in 1.08, it still works in the same direction in 1.10. I still use my guide in the same way that I did in the past. Camber now produces results at a lower level than in the past, but I still move the lever in the same direction to correct oversteer or understeer. ARBs still work in the same direction, but I think it affects the car less. It still works in the same direction, but I have to move the lever further.

My opinion, of course.

The last four cars that I have posted, I added tuning notes. It provides a step by step to how I approached tuning the car. Not saying that the method was the best way and I could be taking wrong turns every now and then, but this is what has worked with me. Links to the garage in my signature below.

Last edited:
If... If handling has been changed with 1.10, the direction of the tuning levers available to pull have not. For example, if raising the front of the car worked to provide less understeer in 1.08, it still works in the same direction in 1.10. I still use my guide in the same way that I did in the past. Camber now produces results at a lower level than in the past, but I still move the lever in the same direction to correct oversteer or understeer. ARBs still work in the same direction, but I think it affects the car less. It still works in the same direction, but I have to move the lever further.

My opinion, of course.

The last four cars that I have posted, I added tuning notes. It provides a step by step to how I approached tuning the car. Not saying that the method was the best way and I could be taking wrong turns every now and then, but this is what has worked with me. Links to the garage in my signature below.
By moving the lever in the same direction you mean as in tightening more? As in highering the values?

By moving the lever in the same direction you mean as in tightening more? As in highering the values?
The lever is figurative, I think what he means is the results might change over time but the tuning options (springs/dampers/arb etc.) still do the same thing that they ever did.
If your car has begun to understeer after the update then you can fix it by using the same methods as before.

Back