1.10 Suspension ride height bug fix?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DMoss84
  • 11 comments
  • 2,521 views
Messages
192
Messages
DMoss84
Does anyone know if they've fixed the reverse settings for ride height and springrate? It seems it would be one of those major problems that they wouldn't admit, but would fix anyway.

Before you people flip out, I did search..
 
i would also be interested to see if it was fixed
 
I thought the same at first - but then I swapped my settings and it still didn't seem to change as much..... maybe there WAS a bug that wasn't just as simple as ride heights pyhsics swapped. (that would explain why online behaved differently than A-Spec)

Then again I was trying this after I had about 5 beers and just heard about the update. I've been iching to try this when I get home shortly with a clear head. They NEED to fix this.
 
I don't remember the thread but after the last update, people were complaining of excess understeer only to later conclude that they in-fact did fix this bug (thus their settings were way off). I can't say for sure, but this is what I read. As of now, if I lower front ride height (or raise the rear), understeer decreases. Anyone know if this is normal or reverse tuning procedure?
 
Doesn't seem any different to me.
 
I did not think there was a problem in the first place, how do you know it existed?
 
i dont think it was fixed. i tuned my sti with +5 front ride height and -10 rear and it helped reduce the understeer.
 
Um - yea, agree with the others it is still wrong. They tweaked something in the physics/handling department where the ride height effect doesn't seem as pronounced but it is still backwards (beat the STi challened with F+40 R-15) anything else pushed like a dumptruck.

I did not think there was a problem in the first place, how do you know it existed?

Sorry but - LOL..... have you not tried tunning with ride heights? The problem isn't the ride height visuals - IT'S THE EFFECT ON HANDLING.

Take a car, any car. Jack up the front ride height to max and rear to min. Take a spin in the car. Come back in, reverse the height, go drive.

If you can't tell a difference and see that it's wrong you don't need to ever touch the tunning menu. It is so blatent and wrong it really blows me away they missed this in QA.
 
There was never anything reversed! Just spreading panic and rumors... at least noone could prove it.
 
Um - yea, agree with the others it is still wrong. They tweaked something in the physics/handling department where the ride height effect doesn't seem as pronounced but it is still backwards (beat the STi challened with F+40 R-15) anything else pushed like a dumptruck.



Sorry but - LOL..... have you not tried tunning with ride heights? The problem isn't the ride height visuals - IT'S THE EFFECT ON HANDLING.

Take a car, any car. Jack up the front ride height to max and rear to min. Take a spin in the car. Come back in, reverse the height, go drive.

If you can't tell a difference and see that it's wrong you don't need to ever touch the tunning menu. It is so blatent and wrong it really blows me away they missed this in QA.

Your expectations of which way the handling should go maybe wrong, not the game.
Depending on car lowering the rear more than the front will give it less under-steer. Or it might give it over-steer...depending on car, drive-train and weight balance.
If you have a front engined front heavy car, lowering front will give it front grip in a straight line, but for corners lowering the front end will make it under-steer as the weight will want to carry on in a straight line and not want to be turned, evening out the weight distribution is more important, so lowering the rear more can make it less under-steer by relieving the load at the front end, less grip needed to turn the car at a certain mph under a certain lateral load.
That's my thought.
 
Unfortunately I think you guys are oversimplifying things. The reality is that most cars will oversteer and understeer in different corners, and also it is possible for the car to understeer and oversteer on the same corner. To be really fast it is necessary for the car to do so.

If one simply concentrates on steady state cornering, which is not of much practical use to racers, then it is easy to want to say things like lowering front ride height induces more oversteer to the car, which is quite vague. Making certain changes to the car changes the way the car oversteers and understeers in different cornering phases, and also on different types of corners.

The factors that influence oversteer and understeer can be explained in terms of front and rear slip angles, and tire thrusts with regards to the vehicles center of gravity.
 
Back