1-100 sliders for AI difficulty

sems4arsenal

Nissan Sunny FTW
Premium
Egypt
Cairo, Egypt
GTP_SEMS
Fresh off the reviews for F1 2017 -- one of the main positives over the 2016 version is their inclusion of a 1-100 slider for AI difficulty (like PCARS). This I feel is one of the best "this gen" advancements instead of a regular (Easy, Hard, etc).

Would love to see this for GTSport but I'm interested if others feel it is needed. The downside is it is very experimental and it will need time to best suit the player (it is also very class dependent). So what do you guys think?

Nice. I played between Hard and Expert in F1 2016 and I wasn't satisfied with either; Hard was a bit too easy, and Expert was a bit too hard. What I disliked the most was that the R&D objectives got insanely hard at Expert. The actual race difficulty was OK, but I felt I had to play on Hard if I wanted to gain R&D points, which made the race too easy.

Difficulty sliders are definitely a good thing. That feature worked very well in PCars1. It would be great if GTS gets them, but if not, I won't be too disappointed since I'll mostly play online.

I think something along the lines of a 1-100 difficulty slider is needed now more than ever since we can't really do the "use a slower car" trick anymore due to balanced classes (outside of N class).

Difficulty sliders will allow for greater adjustability to account for differing skill levels and should be an important feature for big name racers.

The usage of absolutes in difficulty levels (Novice, Beginner, Expert, Alien etc) is long past its relevancy and needs to be done away with.

I think something along the lines of a 1-100 difficulty slider is needed now more than ever since we can't really do the "use a slower car" trick anymore due to balanced classes (outside of N class).

I actually never thought about that until just now. It applies to the other side though, the people that may have thought GT was too hard (I've heard it's possible :P ). Without a difficulty slider, the only way to beat any offline content will be to "git gud". There's no option to bring an overpowered car into a series to force a win.

Difficulty sliders will allow for greater adjustability to account for differing skill levels and should be an important feature for big name racers.

The usage of absolutes in difficulty levels (Novice, Beginner, Expert, Alien etc) is long past its relevancy and needs to be done away with.

One that should also be considered is maybe adaptive difficulty? I know MLB The Show has done this for a few years now, and it pretty much negates the need to fiddle with sliders, which is the opposite problem that racing games have.

Adaptive difficulty is another name for rubber banding. No thanks. :yuck:

To be honest what's the point of 1-100 if 100 is still a pushover like professional difficulty?

I'm perfectly happy with the current word system. I just want AI that is fast. Every other race game can do it by the look of it.

Adaptive difficulty is another name for rubber banding. No thanks. :yuck:

To be honest what's the point of 1-100 if 100 is still a pushover like professional difficulty?

I'm perfectly happy with the current word system. I just want AI that is fast. Every other race game can do it by the look of it.

That's also a good point but a 1-100 is much more likely to nail the perfect AI speed for everyone. It is much more of a hassle though since you will experiment with every car and every track but the general opinion so far here is that it is the right step (I tend to agree).

That's also a good point but a 1-100 is much more likely to nail the perfect AI speed for everyone. It is much more of a hassle though since you will experiment with every car and every track but the general opinion so far here is that it is the right step (I tend to agree).
Agreed. It would allow that, but... Assetto Corsa has numbers on PC, but they used words on console. Maybe it's simply down to the console demographic.

Back