1.12 Screen Tear

• Thread starter tim71
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
This is my first post on here so hi to everyone.

Since updating to 1.12 I am experiencing really bad screen tear which is present in the top 3rd of the screen, inline with the rear view mirror. The problem occurs on all tracks and is particularly pronounced in chase cam mode when driving at slows speeds, and can be clearly seen when turning the car hard from left to right.

Before this update everything was fine.

I'm running the game on a slim PS3 with over a 100GB of free HD space, 720p mode and in game screen settings set to 'normal'.

I would be interested to know if anyone else is having the same problem since this update?

I've noticed this to Tim, its definitely a 1.12 problem.

Just like to say of all the issues that people have had with this game since launch ive not had any running 1080p full sharpness.

1st gen slim 250gb.

Agreed, the screen tearing is much worse in 1.12. I run at 720p using sharpen on multiple screens with a first day original console, a slim and a super slim and all consoles have this screen tear.

Have you tried putting your TV in GAME MODE ?
Apparently it increases refresh rate at the expense of graphics or something along them lines, haven't tried it myself, plus I dont think it does bog all really.

@ 'Mr Grumpy' thanks for your suggestion, but I'm afraid my TV is already set to 'GAME MODE'.

No changes to my setup or settings have been made, the problem simply started after the 1.12 update.

I will wait and see what improvements, if any, the next update may bring.

Last edited:
@ 'djm99', screen tear problems remain the same since updating to 1.13.

I would be lying if I said I was slightly disappointed the problem hasn't been resolved with this update, it really is beginning to spoil my enjoyment of what was otherwise a really good game, I'm also surprised that more people haven't complained about this issue.

I've also been getting screen tearing since 1.12 and it's still there with 1.13. Also a few freezes that never happen before this update, 1.11 I must say was pretty smooth for me, wish I could go back.

I had been playing at 1080p up until recently when I switched to 720p, as the frame rate, stuttering and screen tearing had become so bad. The graphics are fugly at 720p but at least the frame rate vastly improved. Like everyone in here since 1.12, the frame rate/stuttering/screen tearing has become awful again even at 720p and no matter the sharpness setting.

This game is such a mess, far too many issues with it. Just as things start to work and I can enjoy it properly again, something else in a new patch will ruin it - frame rate, sound, server issues, frequent game freezes, game failing to load and so on.

raced at Bathurst a couple of weeks ago and it made me ill, to the point where I had to stop. The flashing shadows, stutter and screen tear were to bad to bear. May just remove all patches and stay offline, at least the game was for me ..playable!

Back