1.12 Update-weird texture and brightness issues?

• Thread starter DrDetroit
  • 12 comments
United States
United States
DrDetroit70
Anybody else having weird texture popping and very bright environmental lighting during the new seasonal time-trial event? It's almost to the point where I can't see the track at times, it's so bright.

Just wondering if it's just my install or a common issue.

Thanks and good day!

DrDetroit

No, i dont have that kind of problem, but the shadows of trees,walls.. are flickering when driving trough turn 3 onwards before long back straight..

I have the same problem. It's unbearable. I got silver on my second lap, but couldn't deal with the flicker enough to keep pushing. It was like driving through strobe lights.

The light on the main straight at Bathurst is so strong I was running into the grass and being spit out into T1. T3 is blinding and the shadows are flickering like crazy.

I persevered and achieved Gold on L5 mainly because the Toyota FT-1 VGT is cool although it understeers horribly in the Seasonal.

While doing a Time Trial at Goodwood I noticed that when you get to the trees it is like street lights are coming on as you drive up the course, don't know if it is linked to the problems you're having, thought I'd mention it in case it is more widespread in the game.

I have to set the in-game sharpness setting to normal and dial down the in-game brightness level (in settings menu), then the tremendous brightness goes away, some of the flickering too...but makes the game a bit dark when driving non-seasonal events.

DrDetroit

I'm finding myself adjusting the brightness far more often than before. Sierra has parts where it's down right pitch black while places like Bathurst as previously mentioned are utterly blinding.

I noticed on HSR after coming around T1 I used to not be able to see the marker signs when approaching T2. Now I can see the marker signs after this update. Time is the default Novice Sunday Cup Event. But I do agree with the current Bathurst FT1 seasonal.

When you drive a premium car and quickly change to interior view, the whole interior lights up for a millisecond. Cycle through the views to interior view a few times and you'll see what I mean. Helps to park the car in the shade where the interior is darkest. Not all cars do it, either.

Perfect example: head out on Laguna Seca from Test Drive in the Garage, in the RX-7 Spirit R. Park the car immediately, cycle to interior view. You'll notice the gauges flash, but you have to be quick with your eyes.

Last edited:
Back