1.16 installation error

United States
'Merica
main:atimmer22
KraZed HomiCide
Okay so I have just updated to 1.16 and when I get to the warning screen it says update preparation in progress. Then says installation failed?? I didn't see anything about this before, is there anything I can do?

Edit: it doesn't work online or offline.

Last edited:
If you have been regularly backing up your game save then you can delete the GT6 game data. Then reboot your PS3 with the game disc in the tray. Do this offline. Then add your save data back to the game. Save it again to your USB drive. Start the game, sign in and try the update again. As long as you have a back up you won't lose anything. I hope that helps.

If you have been regularly backing up your game save then you can delete the GT6 game data. Then reboot your PS3 with the game disc in the tray. Do this offline. Then add your save data back to the game. Save it again to your USB drive. Start the game, sign in and try the update again. As long as you have a back up you won't lose anything. I hope that helps.
Does it matter when it's backed up from?

Yes it does matter because if you don't keep a current back up then you'll have to do a lot of things over again. I keep my USB drive plugged into my PS3 and back up my game everytime before I log off. I do that because you never know what might happen. I didn't do that everyday with GT5 and had to do many things over again.

Yes it does matter because if you don't keep a current back up then you'll have to do a lot of things over again. I keep my USB drive plugged into my PS3 and back up my game everytime before I log off. I do that because you never know what might happen. I didn't do that everyday with GT5 and had to do many things over again.
No I probably should of put this in the op but what I mean is I got the ylod back in October but luckily had backed it up right before it did that so I'm right where I would have been if I didn't get it And now I finally got it my ps3 fixed did all the updates and am now stuck. And I tried deleting the save turning it off then back on downloading it again then do you sign in before you get to the update preparation or after?

Do this offline. Delete the GT6 game data. Use your back up to get as close as you can to where you were and then back up it again. Then reconnect your internet connection and try the update again. One question is your PS3 on wi-fi or is it hardwired. I know I had some issues when I was using wi-fi which is why mine is now hardwired.

Do this offline. Delete the GT6 game data. Use your back up to get as close as you can to where you were and then back up it again. Then reconnect your internet connection and try the update again. One question is your PS3 on wi-fi or is it hardwired. I know I had some issues when I was using wi-fi which is why mine is now hardwired.
It is over WiFi.

Edit: still didn't work, also tried a new account under a different user. WI'll probably download updates tonight.

Last edited:
Back