1.18 altered Same Class quick races?

United States
United States
RedSwordfishGAME
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong somehow, but in 1.16 (PS4) I could not get "Same Class" quick races to pit the 1967 Ferrari 312 against it's perfect in-game rival, the 1967 Lotus Type 49 (or vice versa). It would always give me a single-make race of one car or the other, whether I wanted it to or not. Now, miraculously, it actually works the way I always thought it should; the game fills the field halfway with 312's, and halfway with 49's. Did Kunos change something about the way the game pits cars against each other when in this mode? Or is this just a weird phenomena only I've dealt with? Either way, I'm very happy to see Same Class feature in quick race working this way.

Last edited:
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong somehow, but in 1.16 I could not get "Same Class" quick races to pit the 1967 Ferrari 312 against it's perfect in-game rival, the 1967 Lotus Type 49 (or vice versa). It would always give me a single-make race of one car or the other, whether I wanted it to or not. Now, miraculously, it actually works the way I always thought it should; the game fills the field halfway with 312's, and halfway with 49's. Did Kunos change something about the way the game pits cars against each other when in this mode? Or is this just a weird phenomena only I've dealt with? Either way, I'm very happy to see Same Class feature in quick race working this way.
I'm sure you're correct. I wonder if they've adjusted the 330 too?

I've been trying to replicate your luck however it keeps filling the grid with 312Ts.
Sheesh, I don't know what's up then :confused: I just booted up the PS4 and relaunched the game, tried a Same Class quick race twice (driving both the 312 and the 49), and both times it put me up against a grid of both cars in various liveries. Perhaps things that shouldn't affect this are a factor somehow? Like number of opponents, selected livery, etc. I really don't know. I just know that nothing I tried could make it work prior to updating the game.

It's working with other cars, such as the F40 gives several different rivals.
The open wheelers are filling up identical opponets.
I'm running 10 cars total with the default liveries.

It's working with other cars, such as the F40 gives several different rivals.
The open wheelers are filling up identical opponets.
I'm running 10 cars total with the default liveries.
Ah wait, I just saw you said 312T in your first post. I don't think it's going to pit that one against anything else in the game. A lot of the open wheelers don't have a proper same class opponent in the game. Do the Lotus 49 and Ferrari 312/97 not appear in the same race though? Also, still not sure if it matters but I'm running 15 opponents

tried a race with the lotus 2-eleven yesterday, was facing supercars (458, 991R, GTR etc.) left and right. Before the last updates, that car was put against M4, RX7s, R34 etc. So something definitely changed.

In my memory , using the 2 eleven always pitted against supercars. So no change there, if you ask me.

Back