1/4 Drag Tips

• Thread starter gpcarline
  • 5 comments
United States
Houma
G_CARLINE17
Hello guys, I'm new to the forum, but not new to the gt series.

I am fairly new to tuning cars and I also just got into drag racing online.I've messed around with the suspension and trans a bit, but I would like some tips and hints on what to do and what not to do when setting up a 1/4 drag tune.I only drag the 1/4,mostly at Road Course Indy.I've been using the Le Mans Quattro 03 for a few days now,I really like this car and want to set up a good drag tune,so any advice will be appreciated, any tips about this particular car will also be welcomed.

How should gear ratios be adjusted?Final gear/top speed?
How should gears be spaced apart?
How should suspension be adusted?Low front/high rear?Hard,Soft Springs etc?
How to properly launch?

Is it possible to tune the Le Mans to be faster than a GTR?My GTR has 804hp,i don't really drive it, but I've heard they can get up to 880hp or somewhere around that?

My trap speed with my Le Mans at Indy is 153 by the shadow.I've got my brother to time me,and i usually range from 8.3-8.6 depending how good of a tune I'm using.I've raced plenty GTR's, won some and lost some.The fastest GTR I've raced beat me by 1 and 1/2 cars,the fastest Le Mans I've raced beat me by a car.

Thx for reading guys,please leave comments.

For your trans. you want to know what your car traps at the 2nd shadow. Then, you default your tranny, set your top speed close to what you trap. Then, for your gears, depending on your car, go completely left on 1-5, then on 6th make it alil bit higher than your 5. And for your final, set it to 10mph over your bottom top speed.

If that helps you.

Notice the new GT5 DRAG RACING section in the forum. All requests or anything related to 1/4 mile or drag racing is supposed to go in there now.

Back