1/4 Mile Drag Racing Setup Calculator

• Thread starter steleb
  • 28 comments
Canada
NB
rifleguy20
Hey some of you might have seen my 1/4 mile drag racing transmission calculator.
Now I have made a file that calculates how much credits you will need to upgrade you're vehicle to you're liking.
That gives the basic suspension setting for rear wheel drive cars and trucks.
And uses the same transmission calculator as my previous thread.

The calculator is strictly for the 1/4 mile drag and rear wheel drive car (tested with FR and MR)

The calculator is just the base setting for 1/4 mile drag racing. It will not give you the fastest car in the world.

There is also a setup list attached to this post so you guys can keep track of you're setups.

Update 1 : All users who post tunes they created with my calculator must first get my permission first.
Update 2 : The suspension calculator wont work with any type of front wheel drive cars.
Update 3 : Layout of the calculator has been changed a bit
Update 4 : The calculator has been updated and works for all excel versions old and new
Update 5 : The problems with the suspension calculator and the total cost has been fixed

P.S. To know how much you will need to upgrade you're car to you're liking you must enter 1 in the correct cell.

Attachments

• GT5 setup list.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 496
  • Drag Racing Setup Sheet.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 596
Last edited:
the rear spring rate setting appears to be messed up

whats wrong with it i just checked it and it doesn't have any problems.
I also just updated the file because there were a couple bugs in the previous version.

And to tune the transmission properly you must tune the top speed to you're liking and then enter all the specs in the calculator.

whats wrong with it i just checked it and it doesn't have any problems.
I also just updated the file because there were a couple bugs in the previous version.

You've got maximum ride height and maximum spring rate switched around...

Also, this does absolutely no calculating on suspension. It tells you to do this:

RH: min/min
SR: min/max
DE: min/min
DC: min/min
AR: min/min

So what's the purpose of that section at all?

i fixed the ride height and spring rate problem

And that's the best suspension i could get out of all the other settings i tried. I know that the suspension part is not much of a calculator but have you tried it? in my opinion its pretty good the toe gives alot of traction so you don't spin as much and the transmission gives you a half decent setup.

If you don't like the system don't use it!

For the transmission calculator, what ratio's are you meant to put in? Stock? or the Stock after you install FC Tranny?
Also when I open this in Exel the writing is so small I cant read anything. How do I make it bigger

For the transmission calculator, what ratio's are you meant to put in? Stock? or the Stock after you install FC Tranny?
Also when I open this in Exel the writing is so small I cant read anything. How do I make it bigger
You need to put in the stock ration after you get the FC Tranny and after you tuned you're top speed to you're liking.
You can make it bigger by zooming in. (ctrl up)

You need to put in the stock ration after you get the FC Tranny and after you tuned you're top speed to you're liking.
You can make it bigger by zooming in. (ctrl up)

Ok thanks, and ctrl up does nothing for me

i tried it but it doesn't give a good launch the calculator works better with fr and mr you can try it but you will get beaten badly. I know that because i tried it.

Right so I entered all the numbers(weight, HP, torque, min/max ride height, min/max spring rates, gear ratios, and parts) and I still don't get any suspension settings back or a total cost, don't really care about that part though.

I'll check that later today. it should work because I've been using the calculator for over a week and it worked great for me. Is it only the suspension calculator that doesn't work?

its not complicated, just enter hp, torque, weight, and you're stock gear ratios (1,2,3,4,5,6 Final Gear) and you must tune the top speed to you're liking. and after you just need to add the tuned gears to the car you are using.

For suspension just enter whatever is blank

Hope this helped

Sorry if im makin it complicated for u to answer so i just enter in my default tune and then add, subtract, divide or multiply the desired top speed i want?

Last edited:
Sorry if im makin it complicated for u to answer so i just enter in my default tune and then add, subtract, divide or multiply the desired top speed i want?

no you dont have to do any math go on whatever you want to race on and you want to tune the top speed untill it redlines a bit after the finish line and that's you're top speed from there the calculats calculated everything

no you dont have to do any math go on whatever you want to race on and you want to tune the top speed untill it redlines a bit after the finish line and that's you're top speed from there the calculats calculated everything

Well that's if the powerband of the car reaches a peak right before the redline, which many don't; especially muscle cars. There is no "calculator" that can be applied to all cars, do a base tune then adjust for optimum shift points and trap speed.

Well that's if the powerband of the car reaches a peak right before the redline, which many don't; especially muscle cars. There is no "calculator" that can be applied to all cars, do a base tune then adjust for optimum shift points and trap speed.

you're right this calculator will not give you the fastest car out there but it will give you a half decent car.

Back