1.6 L engine swap balance issue?

England
Cheshire
Wormgod_
RPM Bibblefish
I've been playing around with this enigne swap for a week or so now and i'm pretty sure (at least in B class) that this engine swap is the only way to go if you want to compete on the leaderboards

I've got cars built in AWD, FWD and RWD that dominate, even with low or no weight reduction. So far all my tests come in with this build around 1-2 seconds faster per lap compared with my other builds using different engines

For a while i was quite happy and thought this was the most balanced forza to date but this engine just seems far to dominant

Shift between 4-6000rpm and let the 400+lbs of torque do the rest, i hope they nerf it before this thing takes over

It's the amount of torque it has that makes the difference, with the restrictors removed it's over 800lb. Without the restrictors removed it's still got over 400lb which means it pulls like a train between shifts. As long as you keep it between 4-6000rpm(ish) nothing can keep up with it.

It's still early days and i hope i'm wrong but so far nothing else i've built can get near it in B class. Not tried the swap in any other classes yet so i'm hoping it's just the one class but i have a feeling C and A will be the same

I built a BRZ with the engine and in just a few laps got into the top 40 on top gear full. I've shared the set up, if you can find me go and give it a go and see for yourself. I've not looked at the all the top times replays but i bet most if not all are using this engine swap.

Do you mean the V8? If so, I agree that it might be a bit overcooked, but I've been using it to my advantage online, and am just hoping the secret doesn't get out to everyone. :)

I think part of it might be the shape of the power curve above the red line. It may give the benefit of an upgraded cam without spending the PI. The torque is nice. Perhaps they underweight displacement in the PI calculation.

Edit: Maybe you don't mean the V8. In that case disregard, and don't try doing any 5.7L V8 swaps :)

Last edited:
No, not the V8 conversion. It's the 1.6L rally conversion.

If you've not tried it give it a go. After my post last night I went and built an AWD evo 6 in bclass with the same engine swap and got into the top 100 on Catalunya. It was also really good on Bugatti but didn't have time to put down a rivals time

I also checked some of the top ten replays and they're all using it, guess I'm late to the party!

I haven't used it yet as I don't much care for the current crop of rally cars, but with the restrictor removed it sounds like a good laugh!

I´ve tried this now as well... this is remarkable indeed and I've a suspicion this was not supposed to be in the game. It seriously unbalances some classes.

I'm going to throw around an hypothesis and say it's a rallycross engine. In that case it would be more realistic; but still, wildly unbalanced.

But then, some things are unbalanced in real life, too. Shoehorning a Fiesta RallyCross engine in a Austin Mini Cooper is one of these things.

Back