1 Lap Magic but ONLINE? – Cancelled, no interestFinished 

• Thread starter jontikis
  • 1 comments

What do you think? Can we give it a try?

• Hell no, mate!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ummm... what's 1 Lap Magic?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Greece
Aegina
Willful-Underdog
The idea of this race is inspired by YouTuber "viperconcept" and his successful attempt in GT Sport three years ago --- video below:

Do you remember the ol' famous "1 Lap Magic" type of driving missions from Gran Turismo 4?

Paramount Network Yes GIF by Yellowstone

It's always fun to try something ambitious as modern Gran Turismo has been limited almost exclusively in class racing from the Sport Mode which, as dedicated as someone is in the series, turns boring on many occasions. With that in mind, I invite every single one of you - no matter if you're an advanced player or just a very casual player - to join me in a race that won't take longer than 10 minutes :D

That race will be a replica from viperconcept's video but with a completely different grid (minus one car, the obvious missile on wheels :sly:), half of it consisting of cars that debuted in GT7. Date and time will be determined after enough interest is attracted. Open the spoilers below to get into details.

130.png

One lap at Special Stage Route X is more than enough and its simplicity pretty much negates every skill factor, so literally everyone can join and have fun.

The game has enough cars to satisfy a project like this, and I opted to choose cars that are mostly accessible through Brand Central and Used Car Dealership. However, two cars can only be bought from the Legendary Car Dealership and through the crappy invitation system (shown in italics below). They are popular cars though, and I don't believe they will be an issue in availability.

CAR
GAP TO LEADER
1) Mazda3 X Burgundy Selection '19​
LEADER​
2) DeLorean DMC-12 S2 '04​
+1:04​
3) Ford Sierra RS Cosworth RS500 '87​
+1:11​
4) Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91​
+1:30​
5) BMW M2 Competition '18​
+2:10​
6) Nissan Z Performance 2023​
+2:29​
7) Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20​
+3:08​
8) Nissan GT-R (R35) NISMO '17​
+3:09​
9) McLaren MP4/4 '88
+3:12​
10) RUF CTR3 '07​
+3:19​
11) McLaren 650S '14​
+3:20​
12) Enzo Ferrari '02
+3:36​
13) Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV '15​
+3:47​
14) Aston Martin Valkyrie '21​
+4:03​
15) Jaguar VGT SV​
+4:19​
16) SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo​
+5:47​

The gaps were calculated based on each car's race time starting from its intended grid slot. The cars' timetable is shown below.

CARS
RACE TIME (APPROXIMATELY)*
1) Mazda3 X Burgundy Selection '19​
8:47​
2) DeLorean DMC-12 S2 '04​
7:43​
3) Ford Sierra RS Cosworth RS500 '87​
7:36​
4) Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91​
7:17​
5) BMW M2 Competition '18​
6:37​
6) Nissan Z Performance 2023​
6:18​
7) Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20​
5:39​
8) Nissan GT-R (R35) NISMO '17​
5:38​
9) McLaren MP4/4 '88​
5:35​
10) RUF CTR3 '07​
5:28​
11) McLaren 650S '14​
5:27​
12) Enzo Ferrari '02​
5:11​
13) Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV '15​
5:00​
14) Aston Martin Valkyrie '21​
4:44​
15) Jaguar VGT SV​
4:28​
16) SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo​
3:00​

* I didn't fancy making a lobby and waiting for randoms to join so I could start a session for my testing. So, I did a time trial with each car, drove all the way to the grid, simulated a race start, drove a full lap, and then retracted the minutes and seconds before and after the lap to make a projected race time. I tried to be as accurate as possible.

• When the race starts for the leader, stay in your grid box and wait until your time to go comes.
  • It would be extremely helpful if you keep the gap to leader in your mind, depending on the car you drive (e.g. I'll drive the Valkyrie, so I'll go when 4 minutes 3 seconds have elapsed). The session's total time can be seen on the bottom left corner of your screen.
  • I highly suggest you to take the banked turns smoothly right above or below the yellow line. It will shave just enough tenths of a second and your time will be close to mine in testing.
  • It's OK to slipstream another car in front but, please, avoid bump drafting and keep your line changes predictable, so we can avoid any unnecessary crashes - especially right at the finish when the grid will be stacked again.
  • Obviously I don't wish anything like this, but we might need another attempt or two in case there's miscommunication. No particular reason to get frustrated though. :)

For the beginning, just post your interest below with the car you want to drive and your PSN ID. I'll drive the Tomahawk X so I can coordinate until my time to start.

Let's do this. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Back