• Thread starter dylansan
  • 8 comments

dylansan

Premium
United States
Massachusetts
GTP_dylansan
MINICOOPER120
After some trial and error online earlier, I've discovered a way to make some really fun online races. There's 6 CPU cars, from E to S (and the range may change in the future), and I get the F class car. Anyone who joins must pick a different class, and replace one of the CPU cars. So far I have only one race set up, which is 3 laps at Circuit de Catalunya, and each car gets a 5 seconds head start from the next, in order of PI. I'm curious to see how it would work out with other players, and I'd also like some input on how to make these races work better. If you'd like to join me, you know my XBL. Happy racing! :)

Last edited:
There's now a replay of this in action on my storefront. Search for:
Nissan
Datsun 510
Catalunya
Catalunya School
Racing
Multiple Cars

You should find it. It really is great fun, and I wish more people were online to try it. I haven't tried it with anyone else yet.

You need to get a mic...Is this what you were trying to get us to do the other day when you kept driving the Alfa (Fiat?)?

Yes, I do need a headset, and yes, this is kinda the same thing. Right now it's a lot more organized, and it actually works, so long as everyone picks cars from different classes. Did you watch the replay? It should show what I mean.

Dave A and I just had some really great races, at least I thought so. I discoreverd that varying the cars after each race makes it more interesting, and gives you the chance to try many different cars without changing the race completely.

I had a few good races with you today before the connection went funny. It is good when you pick the right cars, a couple of the cars I tried using just left me with no chance of catching up. Probably more to do with my driving than the car though. The last couple of races with me in the RS200 were close, I finished just behind 1st in both of them.

I wish more of my friends were playing Forza. I've been fine tuning these races a lot more but I have no one to play them with :(

Fortunately, these races still work by myself, but I'd like to test it with other online players as well.

Edit: I changed the title considering they now have actual cat and mouse races, and they're completely different.
Oh, and theres a new video and three pictures on my storefront, for anyone interested to see what this looks like.

Last edited:
You invited me to a game last night and then you left (I think) and then I left wondering "WTF?". Then, you invited me again, but it wouldn't connect me for some reason.

I've either got too many damn wireless devices in my room, or I need to purchase a better modem/gateway. I'm thinking the latter.

From my point of view, you joined the party and the game, then left, then just joined the party and not the game. I thought that was strange, so I invited you again and you left the party for good. Guess your connection thought I was too pushy :lol:

But just so you know I have some connection issues from my setup, but I was hoping it wouldn't have too big of an effect. I really should just buy the Xbox wireless adapter...

And it just happened again. Although this time I was signed out of Live completely. :grumpy:

Yeah. I need to do a couple of tests with this forsaken adapter and see where it works best, because I've been having a couple of connection problems since I got it.

Back