1 red light on a ELITE!?!?!?! M$ will fix it for free apparently

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
nk4e
Well, I have a code 74 on a Elite. I am wondering should I send it in to Microsoft( though its been like 1+ years or so since I had it) Any suggestions? Should I look for a online tutorial for this? But so far, I have detached my HD and will be playing on my brothers pro. All help is welcomed ( to think we need a general Xbox problem thread.)

Edit: Looking through the Xbox forums, MS will fix this problem for free. Most likely, I will get a refurbished Elite like all the other victims of this horrible scheme.

but :
M$
Next Steps
E-Label

We will mail you a prepaid UPS shipping label that you can affix to your own box. Please print the xbox shipping instructions and refer to them when you pack your console.
Note

Be sure that you remove any accessories, discs , and your hard drive before you pack your Xbox

Last edited:
I got a Code 74 on my Pro, it's covered by the 3 year warranty, mine was sent out and received back having had the motherboard replaced in under a week.

You know...I would be like super angry if my elite got a error code...like the day before the 27th...words could not describe my fury.

Just got it setup to send out my Elite. Now I hope it doesn't take long as I have both Borderlands and Forza 3 preordered.

Latest Posts

Back