1 seasonal 12 car challenge...

• Thread starter Ian JB
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Ian Bick
Hi,

I have been having soooo much fun with this! Not yet completed a "gold" set of 12 but that is down to lack of time and lack of skill.

Here goes...

Win the challenge in the car of choice. Make a note of all the other cars in that field for that win. Then - purchase or use the other 11 cars from that field to win the event in every one. Any tuning or modification is allowed.

Its made me purchase cars that I would not normally and it has taught me a great deal about tuning and driving styles / lines. Great fun indeed. :-)

Best regards to all here.

Sounds funn, but unfortunatly I only have a spot left for prize cars. But I usually go for I like, rather than the record beaters

Great idea, I like it. If my memory serves however, most of the AI cars seem to exceed the PP limit. I'll have to go back and recheck.

I recently ran the Beginner level Seasonal and both Countachs (over 500PP) were in the lineup.

I like to choose cars 50-100PP less than the max allowable and see how I do. That, or try lesser tire compounds for a challenge.

Full house. All cars stock except SM tyres and power-limiter where needed. It was a very interesting challenge as it got me driving cars I wouldn't normally consider. I've never been a fan of the 4WD Lambo/Audi but they were both brilliant fun. Most of the others were as expected - It confirmed my opinion that GT-Rs are fast but boring.
Worst of the bunch was the Ford. Hideous heap of junk. I don't know if Carroll Shelby had any part in its development but I can't help feeling he would have been disappointed if it's anything like this irl. You have to brake really early to get it slowed to nearly walking pace and even then it won't turn.
But the nicest surprise was the Viper. I've always found them too heavy and under-steery. I don't know if this particular model is exceptional but it went really well here.
I might have a go at the HSR one next.

ALL.jpg

Aston.jpg

Lambo.jpg

NSX.jpg

Alfa.jpg

GT500.jpg

Scud.jpg

GT-R.jpg

SP1.jpg

R8.jpg

CTR.jpg

Viper.jpg

Attachments

• ALL.jpg
    ALL.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 10
Much smiling here!

I am so so close to a "full house" on several events now....

I cannot get a ford mustang to stop or go around corners!

I cannot stop a 205 Rally car from drifting!

Its great fun though and the garage has had to be extended and the bank balance has improved greatly!

Cheers.

Ian.

Its taken a while but I now have a "gold" set. This really has been sooo much fun. Can anyone tell me why I cannot get certain cars through the virtual scrutineering please?The Golf 32 to name but one.

Here is my set from Deep Forest Raceway...

Delta S4 Rally. 6.58.xx
Calibre ST. 6.51.xx
Peugot 205. 6.54.xx
Z28. 7.08.xx
Elise 111. 6.57.xx
GTR N24. 7.02.xx
Evo' X. 7.17.xx ( Blimey that was a tough one! )
WRX. 7.05.xx
155 Alfa'. 6.58.xx
RS200. 7.11.xx
RSC Rally. 7.01.xx

Wonderful fun was had.

Cheers.

Ian.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me why I cannot get certain cars through the virtual scrutineering please?The Golf 32 to name but one.

Certain cars, like the R32, are classed as "tuner cars" and are not eligible as either normal cars nor race cars. It's a shame as we hardly ever get to use them in seasonals. The current Tsukuba TT is a rare exception.
Well done on the full house.

Latest Posts

Back