100-0kmh (60-0mph) distances in GT Sport

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 16 comments
Finland
Finland
HI-tauer
As there has been a lot of speculation on the level of grip in GTS and which of the tyres are most realistic. I also have the feeling the low speed traction is as much off when braking as it is when accelerating.

I tested the 100-0kmh of the 997 911 gt3 with different tyres. Using starting line, grids (seem to be the correct 8m per position) and car lenght at Monza.

The official in real life is 30m (99ft).

I achieved roughly 32m (105ft) with racing super soft and nearly 40m (130ft) with sport medium. Either GTS is too slippery or porsche used some pretty sticky tyres..

Anyone else tested these distances?

Last edited:
That car has launch control in real life. It also has a TC system that far surpasses GT's blanket TCS.

Also, your means of testing seems highly inaccurate

While I haven’t conducted any testing myself, would TC systems or launch control have any impact on 100-to-0 km/h tests?

No - not really. As much as it doesnt help reading. :dunce:;) Superior ABS does have an effect of course.

Like i said 100-0kmh(60-0mph). And i know 100kmh and 60mph is not exactly the same, but the difference shouldnt be that big. Theres also delay before braking starts etc. but i tried to check when brakelights came on. That said, i dont how they measure the official distances. By pedal movement or from the moment the brakes fully engage. There might easily be few meters of distance between. From the moment the car starts to slow down based on g-force based meter i guess..

What im interested in is if these braking distances are longer in all of the cars, or do they vary.

Stopping distances measured by a German magazine list 32-33m for Porsche 911 GT3’s. That would be with something like a SS tyre - semi-slick, but road legal.

This can depend heavily on the asphalt though. 40m would be way too much though.

Were you accelarating when you hit 100 or going rolling in 100? There is a big difference i think!

Rolling

Stopping distances measured by a German magazine list 32-33m for Porsche 911 GT3’s. That would be with something like a SS tyre - semi-slick, but road legal.

This can depend heavily on the asphalt though. 40m would be way too much though.

Thats exactly what i hoped to see when i started testing - to match the real performance with SS tire. Sadly theres no way stopping anywhere under 35m other than using RSS tires.

Longitudinal tyre grip has always been an issue in GT world. It's a bit better with the latest physics update (2 months ago IIRC), but still not fixed properly.

At racing speeds it's mostly ok, but when you start getting to low speeds it becomes more and more an issue. That's why 0-60 and 60-0 times in GT will never be accurate with the correct tyres. Something to do with the physics calculations dividing by zero ;)

I like these kind of testing. 👍 @Haitauer
Just had a thought, if there is different types of asphalts in grip levels in GTS (other than those red Japanese road sections)?

Do they start braking at 100 km/h or do they start braking at something like 110 km/h and do they start measuring once they hit 100. The last option will result in shorter stopping distances.

Interesting video that touch still stand starts VS real life

Interesting, but that is all. We'd need to know how the real car set the times to draw any conclusions, conditions etc. Some cars have more power than claimed my manufacturers too, like the F40 and Alfa 4C. I'd assume they don't account for that in games.

I did see another thread (may have been in a different forum altogether), several cars were tested and braking distances were quite a bit longer than their real life versions.

This was months ago so well before the latest physics update.

Back