100% Complete GT5 Car and Chassis Dimension List!

• Thread starter jgancherjr
  • 28 comments

jgancherjr

("Stupid-Fast")
Premium
United States
Indiana
JGancherJr & Stupid-Fast_Jay
King0fKongs
So if you would like to build something that has already been done and verified please check this thread first: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=275324&page=72

However, if you are one of those people that enjoys new ideas when hybriding, but is completely exhausted from searching for wheel base measurement all over the web, look no further!!

So as the pictures may be hard to see, I have included a link to Google Doc where you can also view the file 👍 it can be found here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8H2fhJ0DzjTNEUtNWdua3hodGc/edit?usp=sharing
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8H2fhJ0DzjTR3FFNUNwd085cjQ/edit?usp=drive_web

(As far as I know) This list is 100% complete, I found a list of just the cars online but it was not up to date so I added in everything else. I know for a fact there is 2 cars with measurements missing as I spent nearly an hour trying to track them down with no luck.. So with that being said, if you find them, let me know!! So without further delay, enjoy!

image1.png

image2.png

image3.png

image4.png

image5.png

image6.png

image7.png

image8.png

image9.png

image10.png

image11.png

image12.png

image13.png

image14.png

image15-1.png
image16.png

image17.png

image18.png

image19.png

image20.png

image21.png

image22.png

image23.png

image24.png

image25.png

image26.png

image27.png

image28.png

image29.png

image30.png

image31.png

Last edited:
Im loving the wheelbase list but listing the cars track width would be a better help with chassis fitment as the info you have written is in the game and car width is different to track width. Also theres already the chassis swap thread.

Last edited:
Im loving the wheelbase list but listing the cars track width would be a better help with chassis fitment as the info you have written is in the game and car width is different to track width. Also theres already the chassis swap thread.

Yes, I do agree. But track is considerably harder to find for each car than wheel base (which was hard enough as it is) . I've been building from wheelbase and a little "common sense" and it's worked out quite nicely 👍 .. You just have to think about the chassis's you are using. For instance if you are going to use a F2007, the front is going to be about two inches wider than the back, or vice versa for the 91-93 Le Mans cars.. Tracking width may be something I include in the near future, I just did not want to dump too much time (as this was nearly a weeks work on and off) into it until I know we are not going to get patched again 👍

Yes but i dont know how muche is 1inch????
In mm
Only in the US They use the stupid inch

They dont only use inches in U.S Pred a lot of people I know work in feet & inches & dont use mm. In U.K we use feet & inches for how tall you are e.g im 6ft tall but then work (building ect,) in mm. Car wheels are in inches. Football pitches use yards, Athletics use metres & mm, Horse races are run in furlong's, Its just the imperial & metric systems your phone will have a converter or use google.

Yes but i work with cars daily, and We NEVER us inch, we ALWAYS use Cm and MM.

Strange, but then again most of my experience comes from Muscle cars, and it goes both ways. But I don't see what the big deal is about it, its like different countries speak different languages and no one makes a big deal about it.

This list is good and all but not being able to "ctrl-F" to text search within the page is a bit of a pain. Still I salute you for your effort. :cheers:

Yes but i work with cars daily, and We NEVER us inch, we ALWAYS use Cm and MM.

It all depends where you are from. I am used to standard measurements (inches, pounds, miles). Growing up around old Dodge trucks you never even need a metric tool in your toolbox.

On the list it says that the wheelbase of the Honda Z ACT was shorter than the Fiat 500 F, but when I put the Z ACT chassis on the 500 it was longer. ??

On the list it says that the wheelbase of the Honda Z ACT was shorter than the Fiat 500 F, but when I put the Z ACT chassis on the 500 it was longer. ??

Hmm I'll have to take a look at it, over 1000 measurements I'm sure something could be messed up.

This list is good and all but not being able to "ctrl-F" to text search within the page is a bit of a pain. Still I salute you for your effort. :cheers:

Yes you can 👍

You need just open it with excel :)

And thanks jgancherjr doing this :)

Yes you can 👍

You need just open it with excel :)

And thanks jgancherjr doing this :)

Welcome! Just in case questions arise, how do you open it with excel?

Welcome! Just in case questions arise, how do you open it with excel?

You need just download it first, after that it opens in excel automaticly for me. :)
Here is also pic how handy it search from that list, after you searched (Ctrl+F) it shows all hits in that window so it's easy to compare what you want 👍

You need just download it first, after that it opens in excel automaticly for me. :)
Here is also pic how handy it search from that list, after you searched (Ctrl+F) it shows all hits in that window so it's easy to compare what you want 👍

There is a minor problem using the search function because the data entries are not consistent and will give incomplete search results.
For example, in the wheelbase column the majority of the entries are in the xxx.xin format like 102.3in
However, there are a few entries such as:
104.2mm
91in(3 door)
94..9in
100in and 100.0in
102in and 102.0in
I just went through the list and make the minor corrections and the search results are now complete.
There are also a couple of errors in the width column.
Great job on the list!

There is a minor problem using the search function because the data entries are not consistent and will give incomplete search results.
For example, in the wheelbase column the majority of the entries are in the xxx.xin format like 102.3in
However, there are a few entries such as:
104.2mm
91in(3 door)
94..9in
100in and 100.0in
102in and 102.0in
I just went through the list and make the minor corrections and the search results are now complete.
There are also a couple of errors in the width column.
Great job on the list!

Thanks, yes I actually went through it yesterday during some down time. I corrected the format so all have .00 integers and added an extra column for wheelbase-Metric and all measurements have been converted.. I have also added tracking format and rear columns but those will be a long ways off. If anyone sees a wrong measurement, please feel free to make me aware! :) .. I know most width measurements I put in from the same pages I found the wheel vase on, so they may not say the same thing as GT5.

Hey, mate :)
Excellent work you are doing here.
I'm already using the spreadsheet in excel,
greatly facilitating the work
I just, added a filter in the first row of the spreadsheet,
fast and accurate, anyway fantastic!

For those who like, is a great tool,
since she came on my laptop,
she, is always open :D
and thank you for sharing. 👍

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the support! Just to let you know, I apologize that Doc #2 was private, I just made it public!

As a follow up: Tracking width is proving extremely hard to find for a lot of vehicles. I would like this to be 100% but it's not looking good :(

Back