100% completion on GT2, done!

• Thread starter ryan242v
  • 2 comments
I am new to this forum but am an avid GT player. I have played GT2 since it came out and had the same problem as most with only getting 98.2% completion. This frustrated me for a long time, but still played the game.

I am only posting this because it seems that the majority think that 100% completion is impossible. I have found no information that correctly explains how to get 100% or anyone who has gotten 100%.

Either way, I had never read any forums or faq guides to see that people were saying that it is im:tup:Possible to beat. So, I was searching the game for the last race.

Found it, in my case at least. There was a subaru manufacture race that I had not completed. The race required the Subaru SVX. I looked, and looked, but could not find the car.

About a year or two ago ( 2005-2006ish), I got the bright idea that maybe the car was only available during the first part of the game-

( I used to get this dark blue, RX-7 A-spec car as a used car. The car was only available during like the first four weeks or so.)

_ so I started a new game, looked in the used car area, and there is was the Subaru SVX. I bought it on one memory card then sold it to my 98.2% completion memory card. Played the last race and bam 100% completion.

Hey, welcome to the place. I'm new as well!

There are three different versions of GT2 - there's the first version with numerous errors and where the highest maximum percentage possible is 98.2%. In later copies of the game certain fixes were made, but in the second version the max was still 98.2%.

In the third version, the completion problem was fixed and you could finally get 100%. There are differences between the three versions, which are explained here: http://members.tripod.com/pupik-gt2/info/faq.htm#3

I got the buggy first attempt. It actually makes things more interesting :D Anyway, if you have one of the first two versions...then you have made history in a way, I guess!

Well I had no idea there were different versions.

Thanks fo rthe info, I will check to see which version I have, I do not remember there being a Mark Martin Taurus SHo car, I quess it is probably the last version.

Back